Atlas YM34 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlas YM34 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

hi there race randy, can i ask you bout your car? i'm also planning to buy a used type t and would like to know if you notice any worn part like in the dog bone and cup linkage! my yokes cvd has that problem where i replaced it with universals or metal ones!

hows the alum pulleys? still have their teeth, again my yokes lt wt pulley flattened a bit that will lead to slippage of rear belts!

thanks! hope to hear from you soon!

anyone ever weighs both the full graphite conversion xxxs and type T?
Old 11-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi maski my type t i got is pretty much new so it doesnt have any wear i can find. i got a good deal on it. the guy that had it before me had raced it at a roar race and he said he had to add quite a bit of weight.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

nice to hear that...hope i could get a good deal also! thanks!oh btw, does that come with ti turnbuckle?
Old 11-03-2002, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

no ti turnbuckles came with it but thats on the list. also i still need that setup for carpet my first race with it is a week please help thanks!
Old 11-04-2002, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Does any one know about the parts compatibility between the AP and the type T?

The main thing I'm interested in is taking an AP chassis and bolting on everything else from the 'T'. And also replacing the front one-way with the AP diff, I thought an AP would make a good spares car for the type T.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

hi, most of the parts are not compatible as describe in their web site! though some parts are still the same like the arms! there's a part list of present and previous versions of ym34 in there!
Old 11-08-2002, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default type T and Si

anybody here has experience with any of these cars?
Old 11-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i have had one of these cars , and i fooled with it a bit lately.

1. if you are trying carpet, take the front suspension mount and reverse it so it produces anti dive. This also reduces caster, and this car has a lot for carpet anyway.

2. Move the camber link to the upper kingpin screw on the hub. You have to remove the ear on the hub carrier. Basically this makes the car steer harder in the center of the turn. Very good for foam and rubber. Here is a link to more pictures and details. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=3

3. Move the front shock to the inner hole on the arm and the rear shock to the outer most hole on the arm. These positions seem to work best. Also the outer two holes on the rear tower seem best as well, but experiment.

4. Put the steering link in the forward hole on the knuckle. It makes the car react faster

5. go to the upper outer hole on the front camber link, and make the rear as long as possible. That is put the ballstud on the bulkhead, outer hole on the hub.

For rubber start around 40-50wt oil, stock spring is ok, or around 12-15lbs rating. Drill droop screws in the arm to make your life easier.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

thanks robk i really apreciate it. it looks like it will be another week before i get to race i will let you know how i do
Old 12-08-2002, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys, i already have my Atlas type Si....give you feedback in a week time. i'm going to build this machine first!
Old 12-13-2002, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow atlas type t's for sale on ebay

looks like integy is clearing them out. i dunno what's up but it's a sweet deal. i posted the link in the for sale thread as well. just trying to help out anyone on rctech looking for an atlas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...925824256&rd=1

later,
seaball.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default My views on Type Si

Atlas new racing chassis the ym34 Type Si is a limited Edition

The most Si parts cannot be used on the type T like the f/r shock towers, f/r bulkheads, and the lower mounts also including the upperdeck. i have not tried the delrin of type if it will fit but i dout since i think its muchshorter! i'll be building a type t later on so i can compare it to my type si.

but the main difference with the typs si is that all parts have been reinforced like thicker shock towers, over sized front one-way! it has no battery hold down so i have to use a strapping tape!

i drove my friend's type t and comparing with it, the Si accelerates faster out of the corner (not accurate since we use different motor and gearing) and both pushes when going into the corner. i'm still on the process of experimenting with different set-ups!

'till next tym!

RobK> will you be getting the Type Si soon? i may not have the luxury of time testing with different set-ups hope you could help me! have not tried modifiyng my front camber system yet!
Old 12-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

maski> I wont be getting an Si anytime soon. I'll try to help you with anything i can though.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

RobK..Are you going to the NOVAK race??
Old 01-13-2003, 03:06 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

anybody still running the Type T?

I'm looking through ebay and they are selling it for only $159.99USD, where do you guys buy parts for the car?

is it still a good car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.