R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Associated TC5 3mm chassis and top plate

Im just starting this thread to see how many racers would be interested in a thicker 3mm main chassis and top plate for the TC5? Let me know your thoughts, I already know that it wouldnt be the best idea for asphalt racing! Give me some feedback

Damon
Old 01-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

whats the deal? none of you Associated guys have any info for me? I think the 3mm chassis and top plate would keep the car more rigid and give it an even better feel on high grip carpet?

Damon
Old 01-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1

Hey there,
I think a thick top plate may be a good tuning option. You would probably get more sales for that option.

The 3mm or 3.5mm lower plate might be an option for some?

Now that the new hard suspension parts are coming out....now might be time to make a few.
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

The stock chassis and top deck are insanely stiff as it sits. The problem lies within the arms, caster blocks, and hubs and AE has just released these.

I am sure people would still purchase the thicker/more rigid stuff. The stock form is just extremely stiff as it is.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Cool, yeah Ive been hearing about the stiff arms etc.. and I already know that the stock chassis is really stiff. I have already cut a prototype upper deck and will be running it this weekend. I think the upper deck and main chassis in 3mm would make the car a brick and it would have basicly no flex.. I will be posting pics of the top plate in a little bit. Anybody interested PM me..

Damon
Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Here are some quick pics of the top-plate, chassis will be coming soon... Going to test and play this weekend I hope..

Damon