Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
DHI-CUP 2008, 11-13 January, Denmark >

DHI-CUP 2008, 11-13 January, Denmark

DHI-CUP 2008, 11-13 January, Denmark

Old 01-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sparx
Viktor had nothing to do with Teemu's body getting caught, i marshalled the corner where it all happened..
Teemu got a small oversteer braking into the hairpin and went over the dots, then bounced back into the track and Viktor had nowhere to go besides into the rear of Teemu. It was completely a race incident.
Double post, not sure how it happened though...
Old 01-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sparx
Viktor had nothing to do with Teemu's body getting caught, i marshalled the corner where it all happened..
Teemu got a small oversteer braking into the hairpin and went over the dots, then bounced back into the track and Viktor had nowhere to go besides into the rear of Teemu. It was completely a race incident.
It's perfectly clear from the video footage that teemu's body was already tucked when he went over the dots. I think you're thinking of what happened the lap before in the hairpin oming onto the straight. It was a race incident though as teemu made a mistake clipping a bot dot on the left hander.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Initiate

I agree with Ali. Jimmy made the right choice by moving from the straight, it could have caused carnage and ruined lots of peoples races if he stayed there.

Jimmy and Thiele were having a great race with lots of clean passing, just one touch and you guys complain. Looked like a racing incident to me.

Well done to Viktor and Jimmy.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would have thought someone with teemu's experience, would have cut his body with enough clearance, so it could not stick.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I seriously doubt ANY of the guys 'throwing stones' @ Jimmy could drive cleaner races. If there was an issue, I'm sure the racing police would've done their jobs.

GREAT JOB JIMMY....AND VIKTOR!!!

GO SCHUMACHER
Old 01-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny Aird
I agree with Ali. Jimmy made the right choice by moving from the straight, it could have caused carnage and ruined lots of peoples races if he stayed there...
True,.. But what about the next turn, or the one after that.. The track is made of more than just the STRAIGHT away..

Originally Posted by Jonny Aird
.... Jimmy and Thiele were having a great race with lots of clean passing, just one touch and you guys complain. Looked like a racing incident to me.

Well done to Viktor and Jimmy.
Actually there were more 'touches' during that heat in particular, which in all honesty I believe were just that, Side-by-side racing incidents. The corner going onto the straight 'incident' on the other hand.. There CLEARLY was a leader and a follower. However big the gap was, still a clear leader and follower.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default Date Codes

Sounds like a fun time was had by all. Scotty Ernst running and announcing the races always adds just that little bit more to a world class event, the persons who won the lower mains probably felt like the champ with the enthusiasm that Mr. Ernst brings to his announcing.

I have just one question. I had seen the date codes for the suspect IB's somewhere and cannot recall what or where they were. I am resorting and matching some packs for racers in our club and was wondering if anybody could post those suspect date codes. Thanks in advance.

Mitch Witteman
Old 01-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flyernemesis
Sounds like a fun time was had by all. Scotty Ernst running and announcing the races always adds just that little bit more to a world class event, the persons who won the lower mains probably felt like the champ with the enthusiasm that Mr. Ernst brings to his announcing.

I have just one question. I had seen the date codes for the suspect IB's somewhere and cannot recall what or where they were. I am resorting and matching some packs for racers in our club and was wondering if anybody could post those suspect date codes. Thanks in advance.

Mitch Witteman
Check www.efra.se

Edit: Sorry, Canīt find it myself....

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 01-17-2008 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Asuming, didnīt know....
Old 01-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by flyernemesis

Mitch Witteman
Following batches have been reported as dangerous to EFRA:

araet, azcwt, bncwt, bndst, braet, bzawt
Old 01-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello

I made a video montage of this race, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-unE_OoEE
Or if you want it in higher quality, you'll find it here: http://copter.threewee.com/teemur/vi.../dhi08v2.5.mov

And on more time, thanks to http://www.racegallery.dk/ for the photos.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:11 PM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Default hara using nosram???

Why guys do you think that HARA USES this new ESC NOSRAM if he have his own product line specially the HARA TWISTER 2.2 which marc rheinard uses?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

because Hara uses brushless motor and the twister is for brushed motors

there is no Hara line brushless esc yet
Old 01-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And Rheinard dosen't use the Twister either. He uses LRP's TC controller with a Checkpoint brushless motor.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

I beleve it was 100% LRP/Nosram in the A.
Must be something about them that realy works....
Pretty impressive
Old 01-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by oME
Why guys do you think that HARA USES this new ESC NOSRAM if he have his own product line specially the HARA TWISTER 2.2 which marc rheinard uses?

http://www.racegallery.dk/gallery042.../image038.html

http://www.racegallery.dk/gallery042.../image039.html

Check those photos and you will see Hara and his car with Nosram speedo.

Ulrich Rasmussen