DHI-CUP 2008, 11-13 January, Denmark >

DHI-CUP 2008, 11-13 January, Denmark

DHI-CUP 2008, 11-13 January, Denmark

Old 01-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Suspended

was any serpent cars there...anyone?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

well your observations are very wrong it was a racing incident as we was racing very close i did wait when we both touched as it was no ones fault, but hey this is 1 final i still went on to win all 3 mains , this wouldnt have effected the result, but thank you for all your kind words,

anders your thoughts seem to be very biased against me but hey i will sleep tonite

Kindest Regards

jimmy
Old 01-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ocktoberfest00
was any serpent cars there...anyone?

9 in stock and 6 in Mod.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

As far as I can see it, stopping a car on the entrance to or partway down the main straight is not a clever thing to do, no matter what had just happened, and it could have led to a much bigger accident. It was a racing incident, Jimmy waited for Thiele, as he came to a complete standstill. However (and you can see this clearly on the video) Bastian (I think that is the driver) is still driving at race pace and comes within a few foot of Jimmy's car which is still stationery. I'm sure both drivers were glad that Jimmy accelerated at that point and avoided a multi-car pile up on the straightaway that would have ended a few drivers races for sure. And anyway, (as can also be clearly seen on the video), Thiele is back on all 4 wheels and accelerating before Jimmy starts going again. Thiele then made another mistake a few corners later and dropped another position...
Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

I normally don't want to be part of such discussions, but in my opinion where the 2 "passings" from Jimmy against Christoph (1st final and 2nd final) too rough and if I'd have been the referee I'd have given a stop&go to Jimmy since he did not give the position back to the previous leader.

My opinion as a spectator... nevertheless great racing by everyone and Jimmy was definitely fast, but it would have been a nicer win without those two crashes!

Other then that, 19t 5-cells worked very well and is finally at stock-speed again.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Sounds like normal Jimmy driving style mwahahahaha
Old 01-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Sounds like normal Jimmy driving style mwahahahaha
zzzzzzzzz 1way
Old 01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Jimmy,
I know you're not gonna loose any sleep over what these guys are saying but in you're position I would and have done the same thing. Sometimes there are unfortunate inadvertent events that happen while racing. I'm sure you've been the other guy as well. Like you said. It was one of 3 mains that you won so take that main away and the result would still have been the same.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

it is just very unprofesional of people to talk like this in public nut some times they hide behind computers,

jimmy
Old 01-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Its called racing. Jimmy, Christoph and Bastian put on a great show everytime they went on track. Jimmy was by far the quickest in the finals and racing that close is tricky, an unavoidable racing incident and totally a non issue. Well done to Jimmy as well as Viktor in Mod.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

People have to remember that the results at event like these are from 3 mains, so a little racing incident like this is hardly going to effect the overall results. Nothing can take away the fact that Jimmy won all 3 mains, and being fastest driver there. A deserving champion and probably one of the best stock drivers in the world.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not trying to bring-down-the-house.. Jimmy drove well, I recognize that.. KUDOS.. You dominated!! Regardless..

But.. Yes it was a RACING INCIDENT, an avoidable one at that.. The way I see/understand racing is that the lead car has the rite-of-way. If you wanna pass, make it CLEAN. In the incident I'm refering to, The Lead Car (going into the turn) got rolled because the following car went in a little 'too hot'.. (from the camera angle that was shown).. PERIOD.. That following car STOPPED, but didn't retake position behind the car that was rolled.. Didn't even retake overall RACING POSITION of when the incident occurred..

$0.02
Old 01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

well i think that jimmy was well in the right he drove a great race in all three finals and deserved the win.
he is one of only a handfull of uk drivers that seem to be able to step there game up when raceing at these big events. well done jimmy

the final i was looking at and made me think that was a bit of a desperate move was leg 3 of the mod where Vicktor Wilck taged teemu leino after teemu cliped the corner victor waited and teemu decided to hop over the barrier in a desparate bid to get in front and by doing so tucked his shell up.
thought it was quite funny
Old 01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skiv
well i think that jimmy was well in the right he drove a great race in all three finals and deserved the win.
he is one of only a handfull of uk drivers that seem to be able to step there game up when raceing at these big events. well done jimmy

the final i was looking at and made me think that was a bit of a desperate move was leg 3 of the mod where Vicktor Wilck taged teemu leino after teemu cliped the corner victor waited and teemu decided to hop over the barrier in a desparate bid to get in front and by doing so tucked his shell up.
thought it was quite funny
Yeah you got that wrong didn't you. Teemu's body got tucked when viktor touched him so him going over the barrier was a result of his body being tucked not him trying to get past back. In all fairness Viktor should have waited for Teemu, but I don't think he realised it was his doing.

I just like picking on jimmy that's it.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Viktor had nothing to do with Teemu's body getting caught, i marshalled the corner where it all happened..
Teemu got a small oversteer braking into the hairpin and went over the dots, then bounced back into the track and Viktor had nowhere to go besides into the rear of Teemu. It was completely a race incident.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.