R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #31
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Pretend this is fight club and rule number one is we don't talk about fight club......with that being said....Don't use my real name on here. Ever since Vegas someone has been stalking me The plan is to run nothing but mod on asphalt this year but if there aren't enough mod guys then I'm in for some 19turn. Practice pulling over now

My bad

Pull over, hacking, is there a difference? lol, Grant always hits Terry, and Terry always hits me, so someone needs to hit you.............. I will get back to you
Old 01-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
My bad

Pull over, hacking, is there a difference? lol, Grant always hits Terry, and Terry always hits me, so someone needs to hit you.............. I will get back to you
You must remember one thing though.........I ALWAYS HAVE MORE PARTS THAN YOU
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
You must remember one thing though.........I ALWAYS HAVE MORE PARTS THAN YOU

I will work on that?
Old 01-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

Quote:
Is Dawn gonna let you buy a lipo pack with the baby in the house....ha ha ha ha. I have nothing but lipo's since all my IB's died I had way too many packs to have to go out and replace them all so two lipo's and I've been racing all day on race days. Get the 3600 so I can try it out and see how it compares to the 4800
that's one of the reasons i want orion... hard case and impeccible safety record. plus there's a smoke detector in the closet i keep everything in.

seriously, i only have 3 IB3600 packs right now and those are going on 2 years old. they cycle at like 3100mah and 1.18v @ 20 amps, so they're pretty crapped out. those are my practice and race packs.

i figure 2 lipos and a charger is still cheaper than a full compliment of IB4600's or whatever the pack of the month is, and they should last a heck of a lot longer.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussB View Post
that's one of the reasons i want orion... hard case and impeccible safety record. plus there's a smoke detector in the closet i keep everything in.

seriously, i only have 3 IB3600 packs right now and those are going on 2 years old. they cycle at like 3100mah and 1.18v @ 20 amps, so they're pretty crapped out. those are my practice and race packs.

i figure 2 lipos and a charger is still cheaper than a full compliment of IB4600's or whatever the pack of the month is, and they should last a heck of a lot longer.
You need a balancer also.......

Are you going to get a lipo sack?
Old 01-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #36
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
You need a balancer also.......

Are you going to get a lipo sack?
a balancer isn't needed with the Orions. We took Ling's oldest packs (2yrs and 2-3 enduro's) and charged it on a trak power balancer and the balancing light never turned on. The new track power that Doug Lemmons had lit up evey time.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Quote:

How much is that charger you are looking to buy? The reason I ask is because the ICE charger is only $120 (depending where you buy it) and it does Lipo's and can charge your nihms. It's the best bang for the buck. I love mine.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
a balancer isn't needed with the Orions. We took Ling's oldest packs (2yrs and 2-3 enduro's) and charged it on a trak power balancer and the balancing light never turned on. The new track power that Doug Lemmons had lit up evey time.
I know that happens, but not all of them, I had to balance my carbon pack every few runs, I only had it for a months at the monst, but when your out practicing, I was running 5-6 times a day, and going out for practice during the week.....
Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

Quote:
How much is that charger you are looking to buy? The reason I ask is because the ICE charger is only $120 (depending where you buy it) and it does Lipo's and can charge your nihms. It's the best bang for the buck. I love mine.
the orion is right around $80. i'm also thinking about the ice.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #40
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to idrum2loud

Quote:
the 3200 carbon is a 20c discharge. the trackpower is a 20c discharge. the orion platnum is a 15c discharge. the new 3600 carbon is a 25c discharge.

BOR - i think a 3600 lipo should have more than enough capacity, especially since i was spanking your lipo equipped 10.5 car with my old had IB3600s and a 13.5
TrakPower has 25C discharge.....and has an available balancer that keeps the packs SAFE since thats what everyone is worrying about....

If lipos blew up and killed people then all of our ears would be gone...cell phones have Lipos.

And as far as Orion goes...its a brand name...and an over priced one at that. There are only like 2 or 3 companies that make Lipo batteries...so seeing why paying $150 over the TrakPower $120 i dont see....especially since the TrakPower has more capacity than the Orion...

Oh and one more thing....there made by FlightPower....they have been making Lipo for helicopters forever...so i have a little more trust in there design over Orion.

Just buy whatever you want.....but as for me...iam all about that BLING BLING BLING!!!

idrum2loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #41
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum2loud View Post
And as far as Orion goes...its a brand name...and an over priced one at that. There are only like 2 or 3 companies that make Lipo batteries...so seeing why paying $150 over the TrakPower $120 i dont see....especially since the TrakPower has more capacity than the Orion...
This is very, very false. You should stick to talking about bling.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #42
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
This is very, very false. You should stick to talking about bling.
Last time i was in common sense class...4900 mAh was more than 4800 mAh....
Do you know that Orion actually makes the cell pack thats inside?

Did you take a factory tour?

I guess the dude i know thats sponsored by Xray and Orion is a complete moron and is just smokin the reef.....

Old 01-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #43
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum2loud View Post
Last time i was in common sense class...4900 mAh was more than 4800 mAh....
Do you know that Orion actually makes the cell pack thats inside?

Did you take a factory tour?

I guess the dude i know thats sponsored by Xray and Orion is a complete moron and is just smokin the reef.....

The batteries in the Orion packs are made by Kokam, and the batteries in the TrakPower packs are made by Enerland. While the cells used by Enerland might have a whole 100mah more, the capacity begins to fall off as soon as you start cycling it, and will take a dramatic hit if you "dump" the pack. The Kokam cells Orion uses will maintain its capacity for hundreds of cycles, and is extremely resilient to dumping and other minor mishaps. And God help you if the Enerland cell is overcharged somehow. Enerland is a lower quality cell. There's nothing to argue, that's a fact.

Your sponsored friend doesn't know what he's talking about. It's okay, with LiPo, most people don't.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #44
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
The batteries in the Orion packs are made by Kokam, and the batteries in the TrakPower packs are made by Enerland. While the cells used by Enerland might have a whole 100mah more, the capacity begins to fall off as soon as you start cycling it, and will take a dramatic hit if you "dump" the pack. The Kokam cells Orion uses will maintain its capacity for hundreds of cycles, and is extremely resilient to dumping and other minor mishaps. And God help you if the Enerland cell is overcharged somehow. Enerland is a lower quality cell. There's nothing to argue, that's a fact.

Your sponsored friend doesn't know what he's talking about. It's okay, with LiPo, most people don't.
Its ok....i dont really care cuz my losi xxx-s is powered by a jet pack. Screw batteries!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #45
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=syndr0me;4056004] And God help you if the Enerland cell is overcharged somehow. Enerland is a lower quality cell. There's nothing to argue, that's a fact. [ /QUOTE]

O K

Lets see the graphs......