Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Hard to find?
If you need them i can give you some links where you can find them easily.
If you ever decide to participate at the belgian tamiya cup series you need those 04 module gears, cause the 64 pitch isn't allowed there.
Some people say that 64pitch is the same as 04 module, but i never tried to mix them so i'm unable to confirm that.
If you were running the dampers in those positions then you should try to mount a harder spring in the front and a softer one in the rear.
I'm Always running a blue one in front and red one at the rear.
i found the 04 module pinions and spurs, most sites list them as 0.4
for the tamiya cup do all parts need to be tamiya only? cause my 06 module pinions above 26T are a different brand.
so if i order 04 module do they have to be tamiya to be legal?

is part number 84325 the correct one for the springs?

thanks for all the great info
Old 05-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by atomic garden
i found the 04 module pinions and spurs, most sites list them as 0.4
for the tamiya cup do all parts need to be tamiya only? cause my 06 module pinions above 26T are a different brand.
so if i order 04 module do they have to be tamiya to be legal?

is part number 84325 the correct one for the springs?

thanks for all the great info
If you want to participate the tamiya series then all parts must be from tamiya.
Tamiya does have 06 pinions up to 29, but that's the biggest they have.
That's why you are better of with the 04 pinions/spurs.
The part nr for those springs is one of the available spring sets from tamiya that you can use on the TA06.
When you are planning on buying those 04 pinions/spurs, i would recommend to buy a 96T spur (that's what i'm always using on my TA06) and for pinions start from 35 up to 51 (that will cover all the needed FDR's for the tracks we can run on)
You'll definately need those when it's a race on a large outdoor track.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

If you want to participate the tamiya series then all parts must be from tamiya.
Tamiya does have 06 pinions up to 29, but that's the biggest they have.
That's why you are better of with the 04 pinions/spurs.
The part nr for those springs is one of the available spring sets from tamiya that you can use on the TA06.
When you are planning on buying those 04 pinions/spurs, i would recommend to buy a 96T spur (that's what i'm always using on my TA06) and for pinions start from 35 up to 51 (that will cover all the needed FDR's for the tracks we can run on) You'll definately need those when it's a race on a large outdoor track.
great, i ordered the tamiya 04 pinions and 96t spur
should arrive in a week or 2
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

The car carries more corner speed and it's a direct fit, just keep in mind that you will also need TRF418 stabilizers and all parts for it aswell.
It's definately worth the upgrade to your TA06.
Will the TA06 uprights also work with the TRF418 suspension arms or will I also need TRF418 uprights? I'm not sure how exactly changing the suspension parts will give more corner speed but if the parts are not too costly I might give it a try. Maybe doing these suspension upgrades plus the Rsector conversion kit will help make this car be more competitive although it ran pretty good as it is when I raced this car in VTA.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdawg81
Will the TA06 uprights also work with the TRF418 suspension arms or will I also need TRF418 uprights? I'm not sure how exactly changing the suspension parts will give more corner speed but if the parts are not too costly I might give it a try. Maybe doing these suspension upgrades plus the Rsector conversion kit will help make this car be more competitive although it ran pretty good as it is when I raced this car in VTA.
From what i can think, there is a reason that tamiya has released the TA06R&TB04 ver.II with the TRF418 suspension.
My gues is that they also tried this on this chassis and saw that the car did improve in performance.
I spend about $50 (including shipping) to get all the needed parts to convert the suspension.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdawg81
The TA06 uprights will work with the 418 arms, yes.

There is very little change in the arms. They are simplified a little, less holes and also look stronger.

I would only bother changing if they break personally.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

From what i can think, there is a reason that tamiya has released the TA06R&TB04 ver.II with the TRF418 suspension.
My gues is that they also tried this on this chassis and saw that the car did improve in performance.
I spend about $50 (including shipping) to get all the needed parts to convert the suspension.
Originally Posted by cplus
The TA06 uprights will work with the 418 arms, yes.

There is very little change in the arms. They are simplified a little, less holes and also look stronger.

I would only bother changing if they break personally.
Thanks for the help. $50 doesn't seem too costly so if I'm going to continue to use this as my VTA car. I'll probably do the upgrade if the suspension arms and stabilizers are a direct fit with no other parts needed. I was previously using a Serpent S411 ERYX for VTA so lets hope that the TA06 is just as good or better.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If I change the front pulley on my TA06 from the stock 39t to something like a 36,37 or 38 how will this change the FDR or change the steer/countersteer affect?
Mind you all other pulleys will stay the same, the middle pulleys are 18, the rear is 18 and the spur is 68t and the pinion is 28t, the trans ratio is 2.17.

I tried to use the drift mission TA06 CS Calculator but I can't understand why they have something like 6 different pulley enteries when there are 4 pullies on the TA06 :/

Please help!

Last edited by Arsenal2012; 06-13-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arsenal2012
If I change the front pulley on my TA06 from the stock 39t to something like a 36,37 or 38 how will this change the FDR or change the steer/countersteer affect?
Smaller front drive pulley (diff or otherwise) will mean over driving the front - you don't want that. You want the front to spin slower for drift, so need a bigger pulley/change in pulleys elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Arsenal2012
I tried to use the drift mission TA06 CS Calculator but I can't understand why they have something like 6 different pulley enteries when there are 4 pullies on the TA06 :/

Please help!
Without looking as yet from the spur, 2 back and 4 forward?

Edit: hmm, just looked, not immediately obvious to me either....

Weird. I'm sure it would make sense if explained by whomever put it together!

Edit2: post here explains it. http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-ta06-noob

They are simply treating the rear direct drive as the equivalent of belts.

Last edited by cplus; 06-14-2014 at 03:00 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cplus
Smaller front drive pulley (diff or otherwise) will mean over driving the front - you don't want that. You want the front to spin slower for drift, so need a bigger pulley/change in pulleys elsewhere.

Without looking as yet from the spur, 2 back and 4 forward?

Edit: hmm, just looked, not immediately obvious to me either....

Weird. I'm sure it would make sense if explained by whomever put it together!

Edit2: post here explains it. http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-ta06-noob

They are simply treating the rear direct drive as the equivalent of belts.
Thank you for the reply.

I certainly dont want to overdrive it

I went back to the calculater and took the last numbers for what they were, I get it though if the gear box acts like a 18/39 then having 18 at both the other locations would make it 50/50 since the front is 18/39.

Anyway,
I entered these numbers into the calculater:
18:18 16:37

and I got this...
CS Ratio: 0.2
CS Percentage: -80
CS FDR: 0.2

Could anyone explain it?
Also did I enter the numbers in the correct order when I submitted them?

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I use my TA06 for vta racing. I seem to have way too much front grip. I am smoking front tires in only 3 race weekends. I think my setup is off.
Does anyone have an asphalt vta set up I can use as a starting point?
Thanks
Old 06-19-2014, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kwkride
I'm surprised that it's not on the "R" also!

I would be happy if i could just buy the arm to put the servo on the right side.
The part number is 3450520, but I've never been able to find it.
it's now available @ TamiyaUSA
Old 06-19-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

some things i noticed with the ta06r

with the shocks and springs that are in the box, the car has a very high ride height, i could not get it any lower than 8mm with the shock adjuster all the way to the top.

i ordered the different coloured trf springs (#53630 - #53633) and they are shorter than the included springs

the ta06r uses the trf418 suspension arms, hub carriers and hubs.

according to the manual there is no shim needed in between the hubcarrier and the hub. a 0.7mm one goes on top under the ballhead

however without shim there was a lot of play, i added a 0.3mm shim on top of the hub and just under BC13 and now they feel perfect to me. not binding and very little play.

also part 54490 you could use on the old hub carriers from the pro version can't be used

the little plastic spacer (K2) you need to put under the e-ring on one side of the center pully brakes very easily if you have to squeeze the e-ring on, i put 2 0.3mm shims instead

also i got 2 aluminium pully and they look nicer and feel a little smoother (part #54450)

does anyone know if the are part numbers to replace the plastic shims used in the center pulley? (plastic parts K2 and K3)
Old 06-19-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

I will look at your car later tonight at the club.
It schouldn't be a problem to get the correct ride height on the car.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by torg
it's now available @ TamiyaUSA
What do you mean by right side? I just may have an aluminum one and can probably beat the price that Tamiya is offering, they have it for 24.50, ill do 20 shipped if it is the belt steering arm that you are looking for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.