Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Grrrr, sounds like I have done a second set of rear diff gears!
What kind of horsepower are you laying down to burn up a diff gear???
Old 02-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's the internal gears sound like they have gone... again. Running 30mm wide foams on the rear on small carpet tracks with a boosted 13.5.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

It's the internal gears sound like they have gone... again. Running 30mm wide foams on the rear on small carpet tracks with a boosted 13.5.
the fact its foams means there is a lot more stress on the geadbox, no slip. If they made metal gearing, it would help.

also, anyone know the exact belt lengths?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samshirley00
the fact its foams means there is a lot more stress on the geadbox, no slip. If they made metal gearing, it would help.

also, anyone know the exact belt lengths?
As I mentioned before, Rspec and 3Racing make gears. Its just one gear, but it made a huge difference.

http://www.spec-r.com/default/index....roducts_id=177

or

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4990
Old 02-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

It's not really related to the internal gears, but I am suprised at how fast the main belt stretched on my 06. I can't really tension it any more because of how the wiring is routed. I've been running the car since December, twice a month. Odd, but not a huge issue I suppose.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Grrrr, sounds like I have done a second set of rear diff gears!
not to bash but i've found myself blowing up gear diffs ever since i followed the instructional from Jilles (4 sets to be exact)... must be the way i drive or something. so i went back to my old way of doing it... for the crown gears, i just sand enough so that the spurs from the parts tree are removed. this way the crown gear is thicker. i also use a 0.3 shim (not the shims from the gear diff but the smaller one where the diameter of the shim is around same as the length of the pin). this way the gear diff seems to hold up better on boosted 13.5T and TAC-spec 12T.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It just looks like the teeth have been jumping inside the diff, now I got it all apart. I caught it sooner than last time. May do as you say, not to reduce the internal gear down and shim to remove backlash.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Are you running IFS? if so, maybe the pushrod length is off. Those have to be spot on for both sides, or else the car does some weird stuff....
Ok thanks I will try to check the shocks and see whether that will solve the problem! Will caster help at high speeds?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnaye
Ok thanks I will try to check the shocks and see whether that will solve the problem! Will caster help at high speeds?
It will, but I haven't messed with caster yet on my car, still at stock settings, which i believe is 4 degrees.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default batery size

Hi Guys..been reading this tread and I'm happy with all the information you guys give... But need information what is the max batere size can fit on the ta06
And also since I'm goin to use on small size carpet tract for tcs in indonesia.. Any setting that help my starting will be great...

Sorry for my english..hope u guys understand...

Cheers
Old 02-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

K4,

2s batteries fit perfect, as that is the size that this car was intended for. I would recommend a battery with banana plug ports instead of the wires built in, seems to be a bit too snug otherwise. What class are you thinking of running?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=TommyAfrica;10044236]Gotta love the TUB car ,its so fun to drive it amongst all the high end chassis'
heres mine with all carbon reinforced plastics and most aluminum toe blocks and carbon rear tower .The battery compartment is awesome for tucking away wires .Keeps things tidy

Where/how did you get the right-side Steering Set? I've been looking for a set desperately.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MC112b
Ta daaa!! I still have to remount the servo, speddo, and re-scale the car.

I had to skim .005 off the outer chassis ridge. The button head screw on the underside of the rack gently rubbed. I think a small height adjustment and I'll have a truly dremmel free install. No cutting, no shimming, and zero extra slop. First run on the car is next Wednesday.

I should have some spares available this weekend.
How could get a set from you?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=rafyel;10368102]
Originally Posted by TommyAfrica
Gotta love the TUB car ,its so fun to drive it amongst all the high end chassis'
heres mine with all carbon reinforced plastics and most aluminum toe blocks and carbon rear tower .The battery compartment is awesome for tucking away wires .Keeps things tidy

Where/how did you get the right-side Steering Set? I've been looking for a set desperately.
hey rafvel i just flipped the arms left to right and cut and shave areas interfering with ifs rocker mounts and thats it no upgrade necessary and its worked fine with no breakage .take a look my pic and its pretty explanatory
also my servo is mounted with double sided tape and one servo mount block and drill with countersink bit on bottom
all connected together with a long steering connect from mini chassis
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Ta06-photo-41.jpg  
Old 02-23-2012, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

I hope that some company makes a modded right hand side steering rack for sale, that would be nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.