Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Old 11-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Suspended

Do someone own some pics of the exotek chassis.
Jerzi
Old 11-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
What are people's thoughts on the inboard shock setup on the TA06? I have a pro coming in the mail, and was just curious if there are any advantages other than using low-slung bodies to this setup. Pro's and con's of each? Thanks in advance.
The TA06 is heavy in the back with little weight in the front the battery is center in the chassis and you can place your electronics where you like. When I built the kit I stuck to Manual speks, I did a lot of tweaking. I just recently tore the front end down again and shimmed all the steering components. The shims come in the kit but only enough for the car build not the extra you will end up needing. I suggest a couple packs Of the tamiya aluminum spacers. You will notice slop in the front and rear hub areas also. Just put spacers in and tighten it up. You'll notice a huge difference switching from the plastic ones. My car is set up for my local carpet track the owner put his setup on the car. I'm running the IFS with a dodge stratus body. I've only managed faster lap times and I plan on going from my 88spur and 55pinion to a 95 spur and a 57 or 58 pinion. You'll get a huge increase in speed from stock gearing.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
What are people's thoughts on the inboard shock setup on the TA06? I have a pro coming in the mail, and was just curious if there are any advantages other than using low-slung bodies to this setup. Pro's and con's of each? Thanks in advance.
There is minimal difference (as mentioned several times) I prefer it because of lower bodies, and that is the only real benefit. If you changed to IFS form TC setup, the additional parts used for the IFS setp will be very close to the TC setup.

I like the fact that you can adjust front ride height without affectng spring position on the shock.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

May I ask what spur and pinion should i use i am running a 540J motor with about 80-90 feet straight?

I also need to know what's the gear ratio for a black can motor on the same size track

thank you
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yumlailai
May I ask what spur and pinion should i use i am running a 540J motor with about 80-90 feet straight?

I also need to know what's the gear ratio for a black can motor on the same size track

thank you
I'd say start with a 55pinion 88spur and check your motor temp. Are you running a fan over the motor or next to it at all? And what type of track are you running? You should be around 155 or so hopefully with the motor.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

thank you
For the most part with mabuchi. Gear around 4.0 to 4.3. The motor may run hot, but your race is only 5 or 6 minutes. Then let it cool. When you practice, only stay on the track for 5 or 6 minutes. Hopefully no one at your track cheats in that class. Down in Aliso, there's quite a few that are known to.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

I do have a fan right above my motor, how do i calculate the internal gear ratio in a TA06? it is a indoor carpet track with medium traction smooth corners

thank you
Old 11-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Suspended

I do have a fan right above my motor, how do i calculate the internal gear ratio in a TA06? it is a indoor carpet track with medium traction smooth corners

thank you
SPURGEAR / PINION X GEAR RATIO

Jerzi
Old 11-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Question about droop

So I used the method suggested a few days back. 25mm as per the TRF417 setup from and back as a starting point.

In the past i was never concerned with the shock length in regards to droop. How much longer should I make my shocks past my droop setting (as to let the set screws really do its job limiting the down travel)

Also, what is a good starting ride height - I will be racing on :
http://www.villageraceway.com/2010/0...ck-layout.html

its like a smooth concrete it seems.

My class will be RCGT-with an COROLLA AXIO. I need some pointers on setup please.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

More hop up options... this time from WeldRC (they are all parts for RC drifting, but may help with on road racing....

Source:
http://driftmission.com/weld-overdos...-tamiya-ta-06/

All parts avail december. Oh, and the rear spool is completely aluminum. COMPLETELY ALUMINUM. the outdrives are steel with aluminum sleeves.

Last edited by silverhkswrx; 11-18-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Suspended

Here is some pics of my new project.

http://jerryn.kuvat.fi/kuvat/RC.AUTO...A06%20PROJECT/

I`ll make an chassis from 3mm pure carbon (very stiff). .
I have solve all the problem I had before I startet the project so now I had to work on the carbon.
More pics soon.
Jerzi
Old 11-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jerzi
Here is some pics of my new project.

http://jerryn.kuvat.fi/kuvat/RC.AUTO...A06%20PROJECT/

I`ll make an chassis from 3mm pure carbon (very stiff). .
I have solve all the problem I had before I startet the project so now I had to work on the carbon.
More pics soon.
Jerzi
really hope thats a shelf queen or a table weight man all i can see is bad news coming from that no disrespect to you. id honestly hate to see it end up like plexi glass shards all over the place. creative idea though
Old 11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I did some shopping and the knuckles shown above are $103 US.

THAT IS INSANE!

Anyone know where I can get a solid rear spool?Eagle racing makes it, but no one has it in stock...
Old 11-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shameless121
really hope thats a shelf queen or a table weight man all i can see is bad news coming from that no disrespect to you. id honestly hate to see it end up like plexi glass shards all over the place. creative idea though
Thanks.
Today I`ll start to work on the carbon chassis and the battery holder and posts.
Jerzi
Old 11-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

thank you
Hey Kevin
Get the app Gear Wizard from teosoft on iPhone
It works awesome
My version 1.4 doesn't have ta06 but just use trf 415 it's almost the same in inner ratio

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.