Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
I have horrible traction roll. It's only On one hairpin after a chicane that I can speed through . I am running 17.5r 2* rear 2.5 front camber yokomo yellow damper oil.yellows front ,blues in the rear ,stiffest sway in the rear, med up front. I was running ifs until I realized the class has no weight min and tc bodies are allowed with touring wings. I'm going to run upright to save 123 grams and hep with the inconsistency.

Any hints? If I raise the spring rate, it negatively affects my straight line . My speed cannot be rivaled.
is this carpet? you might have too much droop. I have very little droop on my fronts. I run on sugar watered asphalt that makes mini's roll, but all TCs don't...
Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Thanks for the info, but I already have that one. I'm looking for the main shaft that connects the spur to the rear gear box.
oh, no. they dont. no one does, that I know of...

I also think I may remove the center one way, This car has waaaaay too much steering. Besides, the NSX body wasnt "legal" in the class, but the IFS hindered me also, so I stood up my shocks and am running a TC body. i am at 1300.1 grams race-ready. I have posted in the "roll center" thread and it appears my roll center is too high. I have a 3.5mm spacer on the diff end of the tie-rod. I changed it to a 1.5 and have yet to have raced it, but I do need to see my droop...

I run on indoor high grip carpet that is HEAVILY USED and soiled with traction compound. There is a section of the track that is a u turn, right 90*, another u turn, 90* left into a chicane then a hairpin. My car cannot be touched on straight aways, not by a longshot, so I need to take advantage of this area and the straight away, however I am losing more time flipping over!

I feel it is a mixture of many things, one being the roll center, other being the "too much steering" with the NSX body, not to mention the inconsistant handling that the IFS setup would give. (too many variables! rod length, preload, angle, bearing type/cleanliness, friction on the cups/balls, etc.) Hopefully I will try it this weekend(with permission form the wifey-I dotn want to paint a bathroom!)
Old 06-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I did race it. I realized what the problem is. This car has waaaay too much rear traction for high bite & traction compound soaked carpet. On asphalt, zero issues. I couldn't be touched. Being as how the asphalt track is closed and it's carpet only, I'm selling it. It's on eBay, no electronics. $300 for a near $600 chassis. Serious offers may be considered.

Oh my fife surprised me with a trf417x reciept that should be here fathers day!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have two for sale one for 260 with extra hop ups and the other 330 with a ton of hop Upanishads and large part lot with body. Please pm me both cars are listed on here just search my name on here or ill send you the link both in excellent share and the lower cost one is new
Old 06-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Nov
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyone knows whether I can use the stock Front Stiffener on the Exotek TA06 conversion kit? That part is the plastic mount that holds the IFS rocker arm.

I know Exotek has the IFS aluminum mount, but I have a part from Overdose which is similar to the stock part and I want to use it.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nov
Anyone knows whether I can use the stock Front Stiffener on the Exotek TA06 conversion kit? That part is the plastic mount that holds the IFS rocker arm.

I know Exotek has the IFS aluminum mount, but I have a part from Overdose which is similar to the stock part and I want to use it.

Thanks in advance!!
No you cannot.
The ifs screws into the side of the front stiffener. As far as replacing the front stiffener, no also. The front of the top plate's holes don't line up arms you world only be securing the top deck with 1 screw instead of 3.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is a good starting setup for this car?

Camber / ear toe.
Thanks,

PS will run it on concrete (track is on roller hockey rink)
Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Profoxcg
What is a good starting setup for this car?

Camber / ear toe.
Thanks,

PS will run it on concrete (track is on roller hockey rink)
Is is smooth concrete or like pavement? If smooth, 1.5 front and .5 rear. toe depends on body. I had 0* front on a NSX body and 1* outr on a proline TC body.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Is is smooth concrete or like pavement? If smooth, 1.5 front and .5 rear. toe depends on body. I had 0* front on a NSX body and 1* outr on a proline TC body.
Its smooth concrete. 1.5 camber? or are you giving me all toe number?
the body is a tamiya axio
Old 06-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its smooth concrete. 1.5 camber? or are you giving me all toe number?
the body is a tamiya axio
I thought 3* rear toe was a given on this chassis.

but 3 * in on rear and 1* out up front.

I also lowered the reserve on my chassis. $275
Old 06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

I thought 3* rear toe was a given on this chassis.

but 3 * in on rear and 1* out up front.

I also lowered the reserve on my chassis. $275
maybe so, but I have several optional suspension mounts
Im going to drive my car since no one wants to buy it. It is lit brand new.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

maybe so, but I have several optional suspension mounts
Im going to drive my car since no one wants to buy it. It is lit brand new.
If you are running asphalt, yes, you WILL love it. I, however, run on carpet. I cannot remove traction to save my life. I love this chassis, but it doesnt fit my need. It is incredibly fast!

$275 is steal for this setup!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default screws for gear diff

Hi GUys...

I was wondering if you guys have any problems with the screws on the gear diff...both front and back...

I don't seem to be able to find the right size of allen wrench for it. Are there any other screws that I can use?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
Hi GUys...

I was wondering if you guys have any problems with the screws on the gear diff...both front and back...

I don't seem to be able to find the right size of allen wrench for it. Are there any other screws that I can use?
Those screws suck.....have to use the kit allen key, and push hard, until your fingers hurt.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by red7fifty
Those screws suck.....have to use the kit allen key, and push hard, until your fingers hurt.
Yes that is the nice big fail for Tamiya of recent times......I wouldn't think you could use those screws more than once

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.