Search

12th scale tire problem, Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 12th scale tire problem, Help

Hi everyone,

I run a HB C12 with a 19t komodo dragon, and i am thinking of getting a lrp sphere tc and a 7.5t vector. My friend who also runs 12th runs a mamba max 7700kv and his tires constantly get chunked, is it the brushless doing this or is it just his setup?
thanks
Little Cirrus
Old 01-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

It's not the BL that's doing it. Check body clearance and stop running into the boards.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

19T is a lot less stressful on the tires. First I ran modified and the tires also chunk before they're run all the way down ( and I barely hit boards ).
Just make sure the tires are glued well to the rim and when you think its not ok put a little shoe goo or similar glue on it.
Then like the previous answer, dont hit anything and make sure you have enough clearence with the body.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

It could be many things mate. Is he using the same set of tyres over and over? Adding additive to the same tyres a few times on the same day makes the tyres go really soft which may make them chunk easier. Like the other guy said, make sure there's plenty of clearance around the wheel arches of the bodyshell. If you hit anything, the shell could deform into the tyre during a crash. Do this a couple of times and that could cause a chunk. I don't think it's the brushless setup though. Cheers, Chris.