R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-22-2004, 09:17 PM   #1276
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I think that cleared some stuff up. I wish we had a distributor here in the US as I'm about 99% sure I would be getting the GT3 version. Just hate to have to order overseas everytime I need stuff. Not a giant problem but more of an inconvience.

Any word on a possible US distributor?
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 03:15 PM   #1277
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"I'm really sorry Robk but I just have to make a comment on a number of your points.............."

That's ok dude, I'm just throwin this stuff out there. The comments came from Adrian of Schumacher USA. If I confused anybody, I'm sorry. I thought it would be helpful as the Axis series of cars did have a very similar layout.

"It really is a poor practice to blindly expect what works on one car to work in exactly the same way on any other."

I think that as a racer it also pays to look at the experience of others in similar situations. Yeah, there are a lot of differences in the suspension itself, but as you pointed out later in your response, cars with similar layouts experience similar characteristics (Mission + others). My friends experience that Seaball's car was doing the same things his Schumacher did just led me to consider their similarities. I do admit this can lead you down a blind alley, but there is not a lot out there for RClab drivers who do foam/carpet.

Actually, i have been running an XXXS lately, I have yet to get my borrowed RClab on the track. My observations came from watching seaball's car along with some other knowlegeable racers. The tires on seaball's car looked fine to me, I'm sure he ran about 58-59mm which is the common practice. In fact, when i drove his car it felt really good! It was transferring a lot of weight at the back from what i remember. I'm not trying to be down on the car in any way. In fact, i was really impressed with how seaball's car was put togther, it was a good looking car. I'm kind of inspired to get my car rolling.

Are you the guy importing the car to the UK? What have you guys found out about the car on carpet with foams? I saw that you did well at outdoor events, and that you seemed to have a good bunch of guys trying to develop the car. At this point there may be one guy running the car indoors in the USA....seaball. Just trying to help a brother out.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 03:33 PM   #1278
wyd
Tech Legend

I'm thinking of possibly being the 2nd guy. Really look hard at this car. Just looks trick with alot of tuning options. Just seems to need some more supoort here in the states.

Seaball we would like to see your 7.7 if possible.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:00 PM   #1279
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

i don't have any recent pics just yet.

infact all my pics from early last year were on a digi cam that i lost, or was stolen. i dunno. now the car is torn down and is hibernating.

rob, we gotta talk. i still owe you that screw kit i just bought another 6.0 for next to nothing. i've got these things coming out my ears. i may run it in 19turn, but right now it's not fit for the roar nats that are just around the corner. ya'know, the race that you will be attending as well.

anyway, thanks for all the help, then and now. i am still waiting for someone sucessful with this car indoors to come forward and tell me where my errors with my setup are.

oh well, it's not as exciting running the same car as everyone else, but i'd rather have a shot at the C main, than another stellar H main finish.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:25 PM   #1280
wyd
Tech Legend

seaball do you order over seas to get all your RClab stuff? What version RCLabs do you have as I think you have a few of them. You live in Ohio I see so have you ever ran with Macky or Shuie Driver. They live in Ohio as well. Shuie Driver is Mike King.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:00 PM   #1281
Tech Elite

hey wyd,

i see you are in pa. i've been out to beaver falls to race at river junction or whatever, but i've not raced with the others you mention. at least i've not met them face to face. i've traded some with macky, though. but who hasn't?

humm, let's see,

i've got a beta/gt3 kit here with me
robk has two of mine (6.0verII's- minus the fasteners, sorry rob)
and i've got another 6.0 on the way from canada.
not to mention, a littany of spares.

now you know why i want this car to be so capable. i get to race for free for the next 136 years! ok, not really, but you get the picture. it's tough to take what others are saying about the car and apply it to indoors. chrisman is very helpful on every level, but i just don't find his setups to suit either my driving style, or the application in general. he even runs mod carpet on foams, with great results!

well, some of my spares have come from buying other's cars, and i, either, keep, or re-sell the chassis.
some direct from the man in hong kong.
and some from speedtechrc (who no longer carries it/them)

i've not had good experiences with any of the official distributers. sorry, but that is the truth. but for me, i like spending the xtra$ up front so that i can show up with empty pockets on sundays and still not worry. the car is durable, but it's not a tank.

oh yeah, here's a good all points bulletin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=34063

you can thank me later. and make sure you don't get in a bidding war with someone else on this thread.

i will say that it's nice to see some activity here. rob, get that shizzizzzizz together. we may have a little cult club here for the roar nats. wyd, you in? i'll print up some t-shirts, team rclab can dominate the h main all over again.!!

it's a fun car man, but i'm getting pretty competitive with the old five shaft stand by these days. i've been only a lap off from our tq's these past few weeks. and our club is fast. mo denton tq'd last week, and rblove the week before. mo tq'd 1/12 scale here at the cleveland indoor champs two months back and robby took like 7th in the a stock sedan. by all means, a lap is still a ridiculous amount to be back, but it's never been in reach before.

i'm gonna have to start packing an extra pair of boxers, in the case that i actually stay on the lead lap of tq.

lata guys.

btw - rob, my phone is f****d. i dunno.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:03 PM   #1282
Tech Elite

Wink

oh yes, thank you shane.

guys, i just received an award for longest post in history. glad to oblige.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #1283
wyd
Tech Legend

I wonder what version Lab that is on Ebay. Would be a quick way to get one. Unless you are bidding on it. Kinda sucks that the order places with them don't do a good job.

I wouldn't be much help on carpet because I normally run indor asphalt with foams.

My buddy Mike King use to race with Mo and RB. He knows both of them. Oh yea I have bought a good amount of stuff from Macky as he is great to buy from.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:52 PM   #1284
Tech Elite

it appears to me to be the 7.7 pro, which preceded the beta/gt3. i like this one alot as it is the first issue to allow the adjustment of lower hingepin location. you won't regret it at that price.

no worries. if you have $100 extra for spares off the bat, i'll source them for you.

you'll sell it for what you paid, i'm pretty sure. alright, i've been a forum junkie all day today. i've got to call it quits.

how for are you from cleveland? you should stop out at "the gate" soon. we are already starting preparations for the roar nats. our sundays are awesome. i am thankful for the local talent that we have, and for a facility worthy of their efforts.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:03 PM   #1285
wyd
Tech Legend

I might just have to bid on that car. I live in Harrisburg PA. I think it is about 6 hours or so from Cleveland.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:05 PM   #1286
wyd
Tech Legend

I guess if I get the car I can then order the GT3 conversion for it.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:46 PM   #1287
Tech Apprentice

I have a nice RClab 6.0 Pro II for sale. It is in mint condition, has Carbon Fiber shock towers, optional pullies, the front one way, and Aluminum rear C hubs and set of Rims and tires. $150 plus shipping.

I also have a front diff and a new Pro spring kit for sale. $50 shipped.

Need money for nitro MTX-3 project for the spring.h
jeffreyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:40 PM   #1288
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to audiaudi Send a message via MSN to audiaudi
Default Re: a brand new CAMPAIGN

Quote:
Originally posted by coolikeice
Hi Guys,

ever since our team got hold of the GT3 beta and final release it was no holding us back in races. this chassis is really something to shout about. with our first outing it has given us A's. GT3 is very commandable and very easy to drive. with the new threaded shocks it just took about 1/2 hour to Rebuild all 4 of em. New.................
Great job coolikeice...
I have been away from here for quite a long time.... sort of lazy these days... and we don't have much races these days...
Besides, are you (working at) the distrubutor in Malay?

Trying very hard to jump back into RC with CRC Xti-wc.
audiaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:47 PM   #1289
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to TurboFC3S Send a message via AIM to TurboFC3S Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFC3S

Newest RC Lab owner here. Bought one of jeffreyala's cars.

I just finished reading this ENTIRE thread! Lots of great ideas here. I think I'm going to stick with this car for awhile ... at least until the Tamiya 415 hits shores here.

First time out and I really impressed some of the locals. Didn't touch my setup from the way it arrived from Jeff. This was my first time racing in almost 2 years, and I was doing 26 - 28 laps per heat! And I know it has room for improvement. Jeff, that P2k2 motor brushes were a bit burnt ... that's what I ran. Even still, it was impressive.
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:26 PM   #1290
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

welcome to the lab joint...TurboFC3S
Good to see you are enjoying the sport.That's what make racing fun....ask any questions when u feel like.We'll get u an answer some how.

What do you run on BTW?.carpet or asphalt?....any pics of your track?.