R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-07-2003, 11:11 AM   #1111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

Finally got mine...now it's the matter of putting it together...stay tuned.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:19 PM   #1112
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KREATOR1

chrisman,

U've been an A main driver quite long ,give us few tips laa.On to becoming an A main.
type of motor and ratio or etc....

eh u berapa lama tak makan nasi Lemak?

hehheeehehe
Old 09-07-2003, 10:50 PM   #1113
Tech Elite

ha...ha...Saya dah lupa lah!!...Vancouver still have some exotic food here.Laska sedaplah. but the satay here cannot compare to MY style.I sure missed it.

As for pointers on set up,sure First tell me what you have on set ups and what is it doing for you.So I know what I can tell you.
Everything that youhave the car set up.Tell me what kind of track u run and how big.I'll talk to you later..
Old 09-08-2003, 12:12 AM   #1114
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to audiaudi Send a message via MSN to audiaudi
Default photos for 7evens

7even 7.6 vs 7even 7.7
There are some minor changes when 7.6 revolute into the 7.7, but there are major different on the parts between the two machines. Only the A-arms, uprights, shock mounts and some small parts are still the same.
Major changes:
The A-arms in the 7.6 were mounted on the gear boxes, but in 7.7, the A-arm mounting block are separated from the gear boxes, in order to avoid the gear boxes reposition after crashes, and to lower the maintenance cost, since the mounting block can be replace solely.
The upper decks in 7.7 have been put up a little, by the new shape of the centre motor mount and the front and rear gear boxes. Most complain of the 7.6 were the lack or room for the RC stuffs, rearranging the upper decks will certainly solve the problem.
The kit now comes with threaded shock body.

7.7 ¡§Pro¡¨ vs ¡§NR¡¨
The 7.7 are only available in ¡§Pro¡¨ kit and ¡§NR¡¨ kit. The ¡§Pro¡¨ kit was a high ended version, where the ¡§NR¡¨ kit was a low ended kit. The prices were different around USD120. The ¡§Pro¡¨ kit came with all standard parts that you need to assembly the car, plus the front one-way, full ball bearings, alloy gear boxes, alloy motor mount, front and rear anti-roll bar, graphite shock mounts, and new material A-arms (harder, not worn out easily) The ¡§NR¡¨ kit still came with full ball bearings and full graphite chassis, but plastic gear boxes and motor mount, plastic front and rear shock mount, no anti-roll bar, front ball differential.

7even GT3 vs 7.7
The ¡§GT3¡¨ was only available in a form of ¡§conversion kit¡¨, the kit fits with all 7.6 and 7.7. It came with a graphite lower deck and upper decks, front and rear plastic gear box (the one same with the 7.7 NR version, you can't install the 7.6 gear boxes), 4 newly designed threaded shocks (not the same with the threaded came with the "Pro" kit) 4pcs new arm mount.
The most different of the GT3 and the 7.7 was the mounting of the A-arms. The new mounts were also for the setting of rear toe-in, front and rear kick-up. Experienced racers will know how these settings were affected the lab time. In fact, the most important of changing the mounting position is lowering the roll centre. The GT3 shows a really high stability in test run, comparing to the 7.7 or 7.6, but still keep the feature of high mid cornering speed and fast response of the 7even family.

You can also see a little different on the front upper deck; there was a seperated graphit plate for the steering arm post. This was for the further upgrade. But if you want to get some advance on it, try to search for the Yokomo type servo saver (those servo saver on the steering arm post), and try to install it on it. We found that most of the servo savers available in the market have a lot of problems, so teh 7even now have this arrangement to let you use other saver, and are planning to develop another saver for the car. Yet you can still use the old front upper deck.
The "GT3" was still a conversion kit in the moment, the lab was looking forward to mass produce the car with this layout. Yet when it come into mass production, most of the parts may be replace with plastic.

CVDs
The GT3 and the 7.7 Pro in the photos have already installed with the new light weight CVD on rear (they are all running front one-way). It is arround 1g lighter then the Tamiya's light weight CVD (both 42mm). The lab are looking forward to change their color.... and we are dealing hard with the boss...

Springs
The Springs in the photos (Sliver and Black)were newly developed by the Lab. They are high quality and quite hard, it fits with all Yokomo type shock, Tamiya TRF alloy shocks, and former RC lab shocks (that's all we have tested, but I don't know if any other these springs can fit in)

A-arms
Some of you may notice the arms in the last photo was not the same as those you've got, they are something new, made with new materials, have a higher durability against worn, and a bit harder.

There were some picts still pending. I'll try to upload more later.
If you wanna buy any of these kits (whole new) with a dealer price, please PM me.

7even 7.7 "Pro" Full option, including the front one-way, anti-roll bar, alloy gear boxes and alloy motor mount.

7even 7.7 "NA" Check the gear boxes and motor mount, all plastic.

7even "GT3" check the front arm mount just behind the front bumper, and the front upper deck.

7even "GT3" back view. Check the arms position, the roll center has been put down. And the new set of shocks. And on the background, it is an indoor carpet track.

Trying very hard to jump back into RC with CRC Xti-wc.
audiaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 01:07 AM   #1115
Tech Elite

WOW....lots of Info.Nice pics..I was hoping for the flash to work....it'll show us more details of the cars.THanks audiaudi.Say u from a shop in HK?.just curious.I hope there's no price bashing here in this forum between dealers.I respect you all as distributors and retailers so I hope you all understands.Cheers.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:18 AM   #1116
Tech Regular

I m not really from a shop... But from the lab...
RC lab was a manufacturor.... and only a manufacturor.. all the testing and development were assigned to a local track.... to an former team driver (not me... he was somewhat my coach) from another HK manufacturor (you guess which), he is the owner of the track as well. So we can get some latest news and good offers from where I said "the Lab"...

Old 09-08-2003, 10:56 PM   #1117
Tech Master

with the new light weight CVD on rear (they are all running front one-way).

audiaudi,how does it feels using front and rear one way diff.?btw the different using yokomo SDD shock treaded with normal Rclab shocks.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:26 PM   #1118
Tech Elite

Alrite...thats cool.... I want to come to your track and race.Hook me up. maybe in the future.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:45 PM   #1119
Tech Master

chris,

Im running on a 23 yokomo stock motor RSR with 5.54 gear ratio
with normal RClab pro with no limit ESC.btw mine is standard setup with -2 front chamber. And also runing with 3300 NiMh sanyo.

the condition of the track is tarmac with 2 straight lines of 55m and 3 cicane with 3 hairpin.Overall track dimension is roughly 65mX25m. temp. 25-28 F

The problem is , how do i get the max. power of pickup after each tight corners. Any shocks and tyres tips? Or may be i need a new stock motor.

have ever tried ratio below that 5.5?
Old 09-09-2003, 12:41 AM   #1120
Tech Elite

Try gearing 2 teeth down and see how your motor reacts.Sometimes these motors likes to be geared high but once it gets hot..power goes down.So the point is to keep the motor run cool but not too hot as performance deminished as heats attacks the magnets in the motor.Thats why you see World pro guys have dry ice on the motor prior the mains.

Now on the gearing part if it's geared for top end, the end field out power will suffer.So you have to try to gear down to find the sweet point for the end field .

Tires......what do u run there?.Sorex?Pits ? Take Offs or yoko?.
We run Sorex here from 30 to 42 R.Take offs 27's very popular in stk.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:23 AM   #1121
Tech Master

thanks chris,

for tyres, im using Sorex 36r for rear and sorex 40r for front.
thinking of using take off in the future.

The 5.5 ratio with yokomo T-max im using is quite ok , not ot hot not to cold.

Try to lower down my gear but the top end is not there.May be have to get the motor service.

See yah
Old 09-09-2003, 04:46 AM   #1122
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by KREATOR1
with the new light weight CVD on rear (they are all running front one-way).

audiaudi,how does it feels using front and rear one way diff.?btw the different using yokomo SDD shock treaded with normal Rclab shocks.
Seem the car is easier to control with no one-way, but to be fast, even in a very very tight track (our track, 30m x 10m, with 8 corners, I'll try take some photo on it later), we will use a one way. In HK, modifiy race and stock race are all running 8 mins now, so all we have to do is to save more run time and power.
We also have the light weight CVD in front in order to test the strength of the CVD. They are amazing, none of them broke, even most of the are not stright anymore.
We have try Yokomo 4TC SP's shock on the 7, but seems the Lab's shock fits this car more. The car becomes too sensitive with the Yok shocks. But for springs, before the Labs springs come out, we used to use Yok springs, four yellow, but after we have the lab's spring, we ture back into it, since with the GT3, we need a longer shocks, then the length of the springs does matter.
The new designed shock are more smoother then the old one, you may need some stiffer oil inside, like 100 or 150 wt more, to keep the hardless.
I have a TB3 as well... not I change the spring into the lab's.... and will try the new shocks on it later...

Old 09-09-2003, 04:59 AM   #1123
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by KREATOR1
chris,

Im running on a 23 yokomo stock motor RSR with 5.54 gear ratio
with normal RClab pro with no limit ESC.btw mine is standard setup with -2 front chamber. And also runing with 3300 NiMh sanyo.

the condition of the track is tarmac with 2 straight lines of 55m and 3 cicane with 3 hairpin.Overall track dimension is roughly 65mX25m. temp. 25-28 F

The problem is , how do i get the max. power of pickup after each tight corners. Any shocks and tyres tips? Or may be i need a new stock motor.

have ever tried ratio below that 5.5?
For RSR 5.54 may be a bit tough... try inbetween 5.6~5.7...
another way to solve the pick up power, is the rear camber and rear camber link position. You may need to set up you car a little bit push in the corner, and in the corner, all you need to do is keep the power on, and keep the speed in the corner. If you got the car oversteer, you may not be able to do so.
I'll use Sorex 32R in these temp. at night, but 36R at sunny day time. For shocks, see tht grip of the road, if high traction, use harder springs like Lab's sliver spring, or Yokomo green, and vic versa.

Last edited by audiaudi; 09-09-2003 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:29 PM   #1124
Tech Regular

The Lab's new light weight CVDs in stock now, please PM for price, dealers welcome.
They fit on Tamiya's wheel axle as well, and they are 42mm in length, the same as the one for TB3. I got those with the wheel axle or only the swing shaft. I think that CVD is better then those from Tamiya 1, they are more smooth 2, they are cheaper. Only draw bask is they are all black.....
We (those guys fromthe lab in HK) have already complain about the color of the shaft, but I don't know if the boss is going to make a new color on it. Seem the orange is the most popular color for the new 7even. How's your opinion??

Old 09-09-2003, 02:16 PM   #1125
Tech Elite

Seem the orange is the most popular color for the new 7even. How's your opinion??

Green Is good too.But orange is like gold....