R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-20-2003, 09:51 PM   #1081
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

WOW.... HAVEN'T BEEN HERE FOR A WHILE.GOT TOO MUCH ON TO DO LATELY.AWESOME PICS.......BAB00N14.I HOPE I HAD ANSWERED ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.
KEEP THEM COMING.NOTHING IS TOO SILLY TO ASK..

HEY SEABALL.....DROP IN A FEW WORDS.....YOU KNOW I'M ON YAHOO AND MSN...SO WHATS NEW .RUNNING SOMTHING NEW?...
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 04:48 PM   #1082
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to wheelmanST

ok im about ready to do the blade conversion before this weekend....so i dont ruin the diff when i race. slight problem tho...no one has any xray plastic blades!!!! however there is this schumacher mission roller sitting on my bench...will the blades off that car work? are they the same dimensions as the xray blades? looks like i would have to drill the pin hole out a little bigger tho, not a problem if they will work. lemme know asap so i can get these things on.
wheelmanST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 08:47 PM   #1083
Tech Elite

HEY BABOON14...

THE BLADES FROM SHUEY...WORKS BUT NEEDS TO ENLARGE THE HOLE.DURABILITY WILL BE COMPROMISE AS THE MATERIAL IS VERY LITTLE THERE.XRAY ONES IS THE BETTER ONES TO GO WITH.OTHERWISE RCLAB HAS THEIR OWN BLADES.

THERE'S NEW DIFFS THAT HAS JUST BEEN RELEASE TOO,THAT ACTUALLY DEFEATS USING THE BLADE.MORE LIKE THE TAMIYA LIGHT WEIGHT DIFFS.I'LL BE ON MSN IF YOU WANT TO TALK MORE.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:33 AM   #1084
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

right on chrisman.
baboon, unless you are partial to the appearance of the aluminum (plus they run truer) i would get the delrin outs and eliminate the blades all together. you'll save weight and hassle.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:47 PM   #1085
Tech Regular

ill look into those....for now ill have to run it without blades....so i talked to chris and he said to goop em up with thick grease like tamiya anti wear stuff. so ill do that to save the outdrives until i can order some xray blades and fix it up. ill let ya know how the car runs this weekend. should be awesome!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 08:53 AM   #1086
Tech Regular

thread is dead....

TTT

ran my car sunday and its doing good...still needs some work but its getting closer.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:00 PM   #1087
Tech Elite

ah yes. those seven even cars. this thread just needs a good push to get it started again.

i've been running an atlas outside recently while my seven gets a complete overhaul. it will be finished up shortly in preparation for the fall carpet season once again. as soon as i find my digital camera, i will post some older pics that i have promised, as well as document some of the more recent mods. it will be a pretty sight.

the car should weigh close to 50 oz race ready with GP's!
it will have:

- plastic cvd's
- adjustable front anti/pro squat
- stiffer rear upper plate
- new bearings
- 3.05mm hingepins
- 64 pitch gears
- middle one way pulley
- large front bumper (polycarbonate)
- aluminum screws
among others.

i do anticipate this ride to be the best carpet lab yet..but what do i know?

stay tuned....
Old 06-24-2003, 12:27 PM   #1088
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Aluminium screws!!!
do you like self induced pain?
Get some titanium screws if you want to loose wieght, aluminium is a silly idea IMHO as it will strip easily.

Still got my Lab, hasn't seen the track in a while though, my Barracuda is going very well indeed, 2nd in the SMTCA 2nd round, 19turn spec class.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:54 PM   #1089
Tech Elite

Ahhh.. I'm back..Thread is still here thats good.Still got my cars.Still admiring them every day.Still a very good runner even though I had tried different cars.I 'll be back full time soon....when my new garage is ready.Keep on coming...

Alluminum screws are nice.They have little tolerence of durability.But they do look nice on display and weight reduction.Right now stainles s screws would be my choice as it's cost efficient and ligther than steel compared to titanium..big $$$$ once the whole car is fitted with it.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:54 AM   #1090
Tech Elite

yeah, the aluminum screws are inferior in durability, but actually lighter than titanium. i use stainless on the bulkheads through the chassis, but aluminum everywhere else. it works quite well, if you grease the threads so that the aluminum screw doesn't have that locking effect when threaded into another metal.

good to see you fellas are back.

herminator - how's that baracuda? it think i'll trade in my atlas on one this winter.

chrisman - good to know you're still breathing.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:45 AM   #1091
Tech Elite

I like my titanium Does cost a fair bit but it's nice and hard and doesn't weigh a lot more than aluminium.

The Barracuda is going great, it's never taken much to get it setup well and it's very fast. There are some issues with spur gear wobble which requires time spent when building and for mod it's best to get an alloy shaft system from SpeedWay PAL, which basicly has what a ot of other shaft drive cars have, a shaft holder just infront of the spur gear aswell as the usual one at the back of the car. I've been runnin in the Scottish RRCi 19T spec class and in the last round I was second in the A, this weekend is the third round and it's at my local club so I will be helping lay out the track need good points because you drop one set of points from the series for your total score and I didn't score any at the first round because I couldn't get rid of interference
Old 07-05-2003, 10:57 AM   #1092
Tech Elite

Arrow wtb

hey fellas,

i'm in need of another lab car. preferably the original 6.0 pro. but i'll take anything there or newer. let me know what you have for me.

at the very least, i'm looking for new front bulkheads. and some extra hubs. and the new 3* carriers.

lata.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:46 AM   #1093
Tech Elite

Hi Seaball, I still have my Lab and I'm looking to sell it. Not sure what kind of price you're looking at, there may be a bit of difference between our ideas since I'm in the UK where prices are higher for new and so second hand is higher too. You've probably seen the pics in the past, lots of alloy, titanium screws/turnbuckles. Chassis has a few scratches but nothing bad, diff outdrives have a bit of play, they need new plastic blades. Got the original plastic shock towers and hubs, not used, shock towers are still in their sealed bags
Old 08-10-2003, 01:47 AM   #1094
Tech Elite

Here's something new for the lap for those who haven't seen them yet.

light weight cvds.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:12 AM   #1095
Tech Elite

wow. props to lab. i've been complaining about the original mounting of the hinge pins for a long time now. we now have the adjustability that any car has, in any area. that is...

adjustable:
-toe
-castor
-camber
-antisquat/dive
-roll center!

way to go lab!

hey chrisman,
the new chassis is nice, but how does the layout compare to the 6.0/7.7? what i mean is, are all of the existing holes the same as the previous kits? are the bell cranks moved any to clear the susp mount? i'd like to get the new chassis and susp mounts and use all existing parts that i have. i still like the low cg top plate height of the 6.0. and i'm not crazy about the new front top plates. more plates=more tweak usually. i do love captive hinge pins though!!!!

so what's the scoop? details, details. are the holes for the hingepins slotted (slightly) to accomodate up to +/- 3* hinge pin angle? they should be since there is a set screw to lock everything down. will there be additional blocks to give inboard toe options/wheelbase adjustments?

c'mon now, i'm pretty exited about this design change. oh, and my lab is back on the track. i turned some good laps on tuesday. we'll be running carpet dilligently through november in preparation for the cleveland indoor champs. this car is so close.

is this the missing link?

lata.

eh, where's nate?