R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-28-2003, 07:51 AM   #1036
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Isn't she pretty

only a couple weeks away from release it seems and the club level kit is now on sale at Modeltech for 169.99, very competitive with the original Losi XXX-S
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:43 PM   #1037
Tech Regular

WoW!. That is a stunning car. Whats the name of that model in the pic and do they have a website. I'll have to have a look at that car when im going to get a new one
Johnny J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 07:39 AM   #1038
Tech Elite

Thats the RC Lab 7even Evo 7 Pro, not out for a couple of weeks, expecting it to be a little over 220, the club level kit is out with less alloy, including plastic bulkheads, and at 169.99, the Evo 6 only came in one spec and is more like the Pro but still had plastic hubs and can still be bought for 197.50

http://www.rclab.co.uk/
Old 03-31-2003, 12:02 PM   #1039
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

wow, that does look awesome! i like the alum carriers and the rebuildable cvd's. rclab keeps it coming. even at 220 it's a steal.

my 6.0 ran great yesterday with a fairly slow motor compared to the winner. i'm still anxious to reduce castor to quicken the car in the transitions. are the new 3* carriers available yet? i may have to try an antidive front end soon as well. i dunno.

nate, hope the racing went well. the first one is usually a disaster regardless of preparation. seems like there's always something to forget to do. let us know what happens. what motor are you running? carpet?

later.

ps - trouble is...the anodizing scratches, or just plain wears off over time. that's the beauty of raw aluminum.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:32 PM   #1040
Tech Adept

awwww man

it snowed/rained here!!! it was 78 and sunny on saturday and sunday snow and sleet!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

the new lab is pretty sweet!, but im happy with mine, only thing i want are some silver threaded shocks.

seaball - good point, never can be ready for a race, especially since i have not raced for 4 1/2 months!

im gonna be racing outdoor asphalt. any good tires i should think about?, its a toss up becasue some people run foams and some run ruber, i have both, but i might end up runnin foams becasue thats what i know, but i hate spendin $45 for four, and they are tore up after a few race days, like 2! i have some sorex's, i think they are 24R, any other good compounds?

anyone run the Core Stock RS motor?? i have a brand new one that i picked up in a trade with my dragster, anyone ran them?if so where should i start in gearing?

i am about to get all new bearings, except for the bulkheads, ony specific companies i should look at?, i am probably going to get Boca, correct me in the right direction if there are better ones.

thanks
nate
RSX Type 7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:10 AM   #1041
Tech Elite

aw nate. that's too bad. as far as the bearings go... i'd say check out acer bearings. they have a site. infact, there is a huge thread about bearings that was just started about a month ago. check it out.

the motor. gear it like a p2k2 or a tooth down. i don't like the cores. trinity motors just tend to run cooler at the same gearing. saves brushes, and they run stronger late in the race. don't get me wrong, you can get a core to rip...it's just sensitive to gearing and brush spring combos.

ps - if your club doesn't discriminate, run foams. they are much faster, and you can glue in the chunks that you lose. just designate an old chunked one as a doner foam. and remember to adjust gearing as your tires wear. hope that helps.

later,
chris.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:04 AM   #1042
Tech Elite

by the way, does anyone have four old axles that they'd want to sell cheap? i'd like to make another set of these ae cvd's to keep in my box just in case they break.

also. i have cut a set of old bulkheads up from the 6.0. i'm trying reversed front hingepin blocks to get some antidive and reduce castor. unfortunately my overall castor with the alum carriers ends up being 3* which may be too steep, but it's worth a shot. all in an effort to smooth the transition to off power in the corners. i'll post my results after the weekend. this car's getting closer and closer, but after driving rayhuang's xray on sunday, i've noticed some room for improvement.

later.

ps - nate...i just remembered the thread is called...high quality low drag bearings. remember?
Old 04-02-2003, 03:57 PM   #1043
Tech Adept

hey cpu geeks! lol

i think i remember the thread but i cant find it! lol

i have 2 axles but one is bent, sorry

not much new stuffi might just do bocas cause i can get a good deal on them $10 for 18 bearings just because i am a good customer to them! woohoo

for motors, i might just do the monster motor, they look nice and i like the new d5 in my dragster so maybe the monster will be just as good except 27 turns!

have fun
nate
RSX Type 7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 05:33 AM   #1044
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to j0n0

Looks awesome guys

Good work RC lab keep it up !
j0n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 09:16 AM   #1045
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

Hi jOnO,

How's it going from the land of down under..... thanks for the word dude. Any lab racing there?.Whats the scoop on racing there?.

Seaball,
Lmk if you still need axles?.I may have some that you can experiment on.Maybe you can make me a few....

RSX,
outdoor racing generally,I'll run rubber tires.They last for a long time and cost is much better in the long run provided that you choose a set that works.Foam,..I like them to be on gas cars,as they work well.Non of the over heating crap on rubber tires.Mains are generally longer than the electric and foam soak up the oil residue from the tarmac.

Rclab HK is clearing out old stk discontinued kits.check it out.Thought you guys may be interested.It's really good prices.

http://www.rclab.com/eng/rcproducts/...labcarkit.html check it out.
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #1046
Tech Elite

hey chrisman,
what up? man, i've been so busy here with moving and all dat stuff. i could make some for ya. i did break two on the front the last time out. but the hub went as well. so i think it's save to say the stainless would have bent to. it's tight fit though, and blades won't work so let me know. i'm still figuring out if they will work in the front.

also, the antidive setup was very comfortable to drive with. it did smooth the power transition as i had hoped. and just like i may have figured, the overall 3* castor (5* block -2*pin angle) didn't allow me to power out of the turns as i would've liked. back to the plastic carriers to give 5* overall will be very nice. i do like the alum carriers for strength as i haven't broken anything with them prior to this past session. everything is a compromise!

later kidz.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:50 PM   #1047
Tech Elite

c'mon ladies, it's been like almost a week. no new news? chrisman, we must talk soon. have a good holiday fellas,
chris.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:57 AM   #1048
Tech Elite

no news here, not ran the Lab in about 4weeks. Still trying to decide weather or not to sell it, would like to keep it but after smoking my charger I could do with the extra money.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:56 AM   #1049
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to wheelmanST

well im ready to join the Labhood...
talkin with Chris and im probably picking up one of his old 5.2ttt kits to mess with. sure will be a change from my tc3 and losi... the mid motor design is a great idea. chris told me that most of the parts from newer versions will fit the older 5.2 right? i cant wait to get one...just gotta move one of my cars first and its MINE! and dont try and convince me to get the new 7.7...dont got the money now and im just lookin for something to mess with on the side most likely going to run it outside in mod... stock on a 180 ft straight is going to be slower than me walking to canada to pick up chris's car!!
wheelmanST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 08:02 PM   #1050
Tech Elite

baboon - word. the 5.2ttt is a fun car. i've never had one, but it's so unique and has tons of aluminum. rumors are that it is a tank. the new one really is the nicest thus far, but i've talked with chrisman, and his stuff is top notch, so you can't go wrong there. you'll like it. this is typically a fun thread.
welcome in advance.