R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-17-2003, 10:33 PM   #886
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

Seaball,

Belt...issue.I think I did actually mentioned that to them long time ago.Before even the XXXS uses them.I remember the old days when Iwas still racing my Ta03s..I had belts from tobee crafts that had the same material.It's really friction free..smooth.The only draw back is, in time these belts cracks and breaks.Don't know why...but today belts could be better.

Another thing today is that I had finally receive the new lap car.7.
New ,lower chassis rear 2 degree toe in blocks,c hubs,rear hubs....etc .sweet looking.They had been testing it in HK for sometimes now.The package box I received is really nice.Black with RCLAB word faded in the back ground and it has a handle build in that can be use as carrying pit box.We'll see this here very soon......will have mine build very soon too,as I 'm heading down to Raincity for some racing as planned.I'll try to keep photos posted here too. the car is in blue anodized part..

I'll be comparing my previous 7 and the new one.Top drivers in HK mentioned that has really fast turn in responses...Stay tune..
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 10:53 PM   #887
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

chrisman - how long approx till the new 7 is avail? i've got some ideas here. we need some plastic/delrin front carriers with say 0 - 2 - and 4 degree options. i'm looking at using some spare rear bulkheads flipped in the front for reduced castor and antidive properties. both should contribute to a better, or smoother, turn in. same with rear blocks in delrin with 1, 2, 3 deg. toe. i want to run the alum rear hubs and front carriers to deslop and rigitize everything. (those aren't words are they?) problem is they add 15 grams to the car, and it's all unsprung! dam rclab. i may have to toe in the hinge pins just to get my 2 degrees. the stock ones are barely 1 degree and look more like 0 or 1/2. maybe that's just mine, but they dont' toe hardly at all.

help me out here. what do you think?

Last edited by seaball; 01-17-2003 at 10:56 PM.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 09:25 PM   #888
Tech Elite

hey guys,
it's me again.
more than just chassis shots.
my latest.
check it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 300m.jpg (72.0 KB, 142 views)
Old 01-18-2003, 09:45 PM   #889
Tech Elite

Seaball...u can paint my bodies now.....
good job on it.looks good.The release of the new 7.7 would be up to the current Importers of the car...I have no idea when...but I'll post what is new and how the car handles and stuffs....you all know me...it has to be perfect........ it's unique by itself...
Old 01-19-2003, 03:40 PM   #890
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

!Hello RC Labers!
Ive brought myself a Lab-ive not had the chance to race T/C so this is my first season.At first i decided i would try Mod,with me being use to 12th's.And with me thinking of racing now & again on carpet i brought my self a second diff for the front-instead of using the one-way.Mike/Modeltech advised me to use the Blades for the drive shafts,so i got my dad to dremil the cups on the diff wider but...he also sprayed silicone in to the diffs to try & get rid of the metal fillings.Big mastake the diffs have become very notchy and i hav'nt even run/used them yet..Has any one got any idea of what has happend and how to get around it or does it meen i have to buy new diffs-before ive even used it
Any help would be gratefully apreciated,
thanks
steve
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:57 PM   #891
Tech Initiate

Steve

If you haven’t used the diff yet you shouldn’t have caused too much damage. Just take it apart and spray it clean with motor spray, re-lube it and then put it back together. Should be as good as new again.

Will you be racing at any of the following STCC, BTCC, BRCA or TORC this year?
FTD RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 10:48 PM   #892
Tech Elite

Hey Stevie,

The cure to that is said by FTD.Have the diff disassembled,take the diff balls out and place them in a bearing cleaner.Soak it with motor spray and relube the balls it in a little bag with some diff grease.(HPI,Judy butter,Tamiya ceramic grease...etc)which ever one you can get and assemble it back.Make sure the diff casing and outdrives is cleaned.Otherwise,you will have to do it again.
Hope this helpps..............

Old 01-20-2003, 04:13 PM   #893
Tech Apprentice

Thanx for the speedy responce chrisman & FTD.
I have some corally diff grease i use onmy 1/12th diff balls and rings-i also have some associated black grease,im guessing that these should be o.k.
FTD im planning on doing the TORC and BRCA-but caint make my mind up which class to run,im not botherd about doing the 19t class,to much stigmer about it before it has even begun,i would like to do mod,with me use to 1/12th but feel i would do better in stock,i need to hurry up and send my entry off,but because ive not yet used the car-i don't know what i would prefer.?.

what class do you race,and what meetings are you doing,i was also thinking of doing the schumacher events but that would mean racing every week end which i don't think i would be able to afford to do at a top level.etc

Thanks once again for the info-

Steve
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 03:12 PM   #894
Tech Adept

good to hear everything is going well in herrre,

nothin to update on, dont have any races to go to, not until march 23, i think, my truck is finished if yall didnt know, so im not gonna be away as much. Ya'll lucky, you have races to go to, its boring in VA,

1. i am the only RC lab driver,
2. THRES NO RACES!!
3. ITS cold and snowy, cant drive.

well im done being mad,
peace
nate
RSX Type 7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 11:07 PM   #895
Tech Adept

Hey guys....anyone ever see this car before? It looks very similar to our Labs-maybe someone has ripped off the mid-motor idea?

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~kmodels/blue-002.JPG

more pics @ http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~kmodels/blue.htm
Lab-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 01:09 AM   #896
Tech Elite

Yes,seen it....it does ressemble the 7.It's sure is nice though.Anything from Kai are nice. I believe 7 was out first....and have a history before this came out.The first 5.2se built to accomodate rear inline shocks like the predator...too bad ,none exsist any more.Be a collector for sure.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:30 AM   #897
Tech Elite

Sorry Guys....the pics has been retracted.If you want to see more of the car pics.PM or Email me.This was not suppose to happened due to a few reasons.Hope I haven't disppointed any one.If I did,my apologizes. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by chrisman; 01-22-2003 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:13 AM   #898
Tech Elite

ah chrisman. you are the man. can't wait to see more. are those blue aluminum screws courtesy of fastener express? well, i let one get loose when running and the head snapped off under the rear bulkhead. what did you say about that drill press? the car looks awesome. but i don't yet see how the hingepin blocks attach to the car. i was under the impression that they screw into the b/h just like an atlas. am i wrong?

well, keep em coming. looks really nice.

later.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:16 AM   #899
Tech Elite

oh, and what's up with lab going to these plastic bearing liners or bushings? like on the latest motor mount. i see now they are in the bulkheads as well. reduce vibration? i actually had to ca mine in place to take up the slop because they were too small. just a few thousanths, but it caused my spur to have some movement away from the pinion under load. no biggie, but what is the intention? are they like the hpi or xray ones that tension the belt. that'd be slick. no more added drag and weight of extra bearings.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:34 PM   #900
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

from what i understand, the plastic sleeve is a bearing adapter, i cant recall the benefits of this, i believe weight was one and perhaps it allows the use of a more standard bearing?
Bathurst Vintage Enduro - 17th March, 2018 - 1st round of the NSW Vintage enduro Championship
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote