R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-07-2002, 09:49 PM   #811
Tech Adept

hey seaball,

good tip i noticed that just now and am about to add the spacers.
oh i also did a different shock placement the laydown setup looks and acts like it is going to perform great, just need the snow to melt or a indoor track. my winter is slow but i have a custom monster truck to have fun with too.

peace,
nate
RSX Type 7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:53 AM   #812
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

Hey Guys,

It's been pretty active here.......lol.
Guys like Jzones and Mytxx...they are busy setting up their new store...They are lab drivers going into r/c business...thats great!!...more discount..hee!!hee!!...that's why they haven't been out..As for me...being a couch potatoe more like it...
Haven't race for a while...but maybe after X mas and New Year..
Too much to do around the house.

As for now...mini z's is the only thing that's happening..lot's of fun.They run forever on a good charged pack.Anyone got one besides..the lab car.

Heem..lets see here's a little inside scoop.New better chassis for the lap.This has better lay out for the batteries and it's designed for stick packs and the battery tray for side by side packs.The trays fits in the slots without enlarging the slots.That's all for now..till then.. ttyl.

Last edited by chrisman; 12-08-2002 at 11:56 AM.
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 07:27 PM   #813
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

wow chrisman,
what a tease. what's this new lab chassis all about. when's the approximate release date? i can't imagine how stick or side x side packs would improve the car...or even fit. i suppose, like everyone else, that rclab may be moving away from the narrow theory in favor of the low cg design like the xxx-s, new atlas, and new corally. i sure hope we don't lose the mid motor design. infact, i bet it will resemble the ova t4 with a mid motor off to the side and a low layshaft . that could be neat. i was infatuated with that car for a while. regardless, with the new gp33's a lot of the tc3 quys are finding setup difficult if they alternate between them and the 3000's since they are quite a bit heavier. maybe the saddle is still the way to go? also, battery trays that fit will be a welcome addition. as you may have noticed, i neglected to use the one's you sent me simply because i didn't want to dremel out a fairly weak rear lower plate.

on another note, i was able to make the a main today for the first time at this club. the primary reason is that most of those guys didn't show up since the cleveland was just last weekend. i did , however, best my personal track record by just under two laps. yeah, two laps. that's what qualifiying with the a main guys will do for ya. no tangles. an overall great day for me and the 7even. although the car heavily disagreed with my flex link rear end. i'll have to save that for asphalt season and maybe a 3 -3.5 mm thick chassis plate to mate.

and yet another note...good luck to any and all willing to go into business for themselves. i wish nothing but the best.

thanks for checking in chrisman. time for me to sign out.

later,
seaball.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 07:31 PM   #814
Tech Elite

i almost forgot. diffs with hardend tool steel rings and ceramic balls gave a huge improvement. smooth as silk. the bad thing is that after six runs, i can feel a divot or two in the rings. that's how it starts, then multiple divots, and of course pure grit. this is much better though. it must be the dirt causing this. ok. had to get that out, since i've been complaining so much about that lately.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:56 PM   #815
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

seaball,

You drove very well today and your car is looking better all the time!! Great job lopping two laps off your best previous run!! Thats HUGE!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:48 PM   #816
Tech Elite

thanks a ton ray! i was hoping nobody i run with would see that post. it was more to show how much i like the 7even than to show off. but i was really stoked. too bad you couldn't stay for the main. it was a blast getting to run with you fellas. it's totally different out there. let's keep it up...hint, hint. jk.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:33 AM   #817
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

seaball-I am everywhere!! You didnt say a word that wasn't true my man!!! And again-you drove really well!!! It wont be long before you and your 7 are running 30 laps!!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 05:35 PM   #818
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Well, I had my first race for a few weeks tonight, it went pretty well for a first time back. I managed to get into the A final, 6th in a 6 car final, there was only 14 cars it total tonight, seems club numbers are dropping badly. Got my car handling quite good, which is a change, since I hate slippy indoors racing. Got faster in every run, ending up on a low 18 lapper with the FTD being a high 20 lapper, set by a uy with another rc lab he had the only 20 lap run of the night. There was also a Lab in 4th, so half the A final to one make I did ok in the final, but after a couple of laps my body got messed up at the front and started rubbing on the wheels, making it spin out a lot, I ended up loosing a lap until I crashed and the body sorted itself, I was basicly where I started at the back of the field but a lap down, I had the 4th placed lab to chase and managed to slowly catch him, I was never going to unlap myself though, but we had a great race for the last third of the race, side by side in corners yet we had no take outs, amazing on our tight track, I ended up 5th since one driver pulled out a couple laps from the end, and I didn't get lapped again by anyone, although the leaders squezzed in another lap, to give them two more than me. Shame it'll be the start of January until I race again, atleast it gives me time to get a second stock motor and maybe some good cells, although my GM3 still flies even though it's got a charred armature from when I cooked it.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 12:46 AM   #819
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

Good Job both of you guys....Herminator and Seaball...keep up the good driving.Drivers like you all keep the racing fun and exciting.

As on the new chassis...no release date on it yet..it'lll accomodate the 3300's batteries no problem..it'll be side by side or stick pack .Nothing like the Xray or Atlas.It's like the 414M II except it's mid motor and it's the same width as the current chassis just minor changes.I'll have to get this chassis ready for some pic/shoot..It'll be here soon I promiss..
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 02:24 AM   #820
Tech Elite

can't wait, but the only way to run a stick pack and mid motor, would be to run the stick across like on cheesy rtr cars. am i missing something? the 414 is saddle...oh...maybe i was right? they market it with a stick don't they? humm...now i'm really curious. let's speed it up on that release date. i'm sure it'll be a quality change from rclab. now, the question is...will it make it to the u.s. market, unlike the 17/37 drive? time will tell.

btw - nice job herminator. we'll keep pounding away until they recognize the exotics. i raced again thurs night and won the b at this club. tons of fun. the car was there. my confidence was not. the layout was high speed and sweeping. knicking a corner meant sure destruction. and i was a sissy! next thursday i'll make the a.

thanks for the help chrisman.
Old 12-14-2002, 02:27 AM   #821
Tech Elite

ya'know what i'd really like to see is the saddle configuration like the xpress mk1 used. ours rotated 90 degrees. that'd be a tight squeeze, but pretty just the same. hummm....i smell another carbon fibre project. i've still got to post that flex link pic. it's old news now. and it didn't work. later.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:20 AM   #822
Tech Adept

hey guys,

just got my car back up in running, ran great the gearing seems very fast for torque and top end, liked it very much. THE laydown shock setup is the best!!!!!! its stable reasponsive, and doenst slide out at all even at top speed and turn fast it ticks, and also have the oneway in running super smooth, i love it.

congrats seaball and herminator, yall make me jealous, 1 you have an indoor track near u AND yall win it! as for my setup currently:

Front:
-1 camber
double purple foam tires
HPI blue linear spring
50w shock oil
shock is in middle hole on the top along with the lower screw in the middle hole
4mm droop
Ride Height-4mm

Rear:
-1 camber
HPI Pink Linear
50w shock oil
Purple foam tures
laydown shock setup post pics soon.
5mm droop
Ride Height-5mm

Gearing is 128/33 really fast with P2K Pro
Quantum Competition w/ worlds upgrade kit

thats all i know of right now

hollla
nate
Old 12-15-2002, 11:51 AM   #823
Tech Elite

cool nate. your setup looks good. good to hear about the car. i've been contemplating laying down the shocks to soften the responsiveness of the car, but i think maybe i'll just learn to drive it smoother.
i couldn't help but wonder about your gearing. i run the old copper can p2k as well on a medium indoor layout (40x100ish) and i'm geared 96/33or34 in 48 pitch. are you really running 128/33? is your tire diameter still at the 2.5 that the foams come? i was running tires at 2.3 - 2.1, but i'm still way higher in ratio. i know alex lopez for schumacher was practicing with the p2k for the champs at our club and ran a 6.10:1 overall ratio. i'm running right there with 6.13:1. just curious as i started way close to seven with this motor, but kept getting faster w/o loosing torgue until my current gearing. just a heads up so to speak.
later.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:28 PM   #824
Tech Adept

sorry sorry in 64 pitch

didnt mean to confuse you, i trued the foams down 1.5 mm, runs great
Old 12-15-2002, 03:34 PM   #825
Tech Elite

nah, i knew you meant 64 pitch. just that (128/33)x(32/15) = 8.27 final drive ratio. 8.27:1 ratio is ultra low for a stock motor, and the p2k can run at the highest ratio of them all. you may be missing out on some top end, that's all.

later.