R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2001, 08:38 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Hey guys,
I have to get me a digital camera so I can share some of the stuff with everyone. Chris is right...a pic. is worth thousand words.
Also allow me to show off my car.

If your car develop slop at the hubs, try using different size o-rings on the ball end necks and you will tighten things up without binding the suspension. I used small black ones I found in the pitt I call my tool box. Don't ask me where I got them from couse I don't even know. They are however smaller than the ones used for shock seals. Those were too big for mine and was binding my suspension.

Keep sharing the info.
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 12:37 AM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool

hey all just checkin in!

alittle bord with the wait on the start of the indoor season.

chrisman.any word on your side about a track location in van?coq?burn?

i've taken apart my seven for an overhull(cleaning)

oh, chris, just so you know i've been so pleased with this car that i've sold off both my other cars,,,,,,,,my TC3, and my HPI pro 3.

i'll be completelly dedicating the rest of my time to the seven.

talk to you all later.
jzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 09:16 PM   #63

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Cmotif
Default Going up!

To the Top! We want to save this thread. There are going to be too many RC Lab Threads here if we are not careful!

Cmotif <><
International Racing Team Member #18
IRT Established: 1999

Everything About You -- Sanctus Real

www.dontblamejesus.com
Cmotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 11:19 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

Hello Everyone,

I had started this thread and it'll stay here,unless moderators be changing the sites.I started this thread to help as many 7even racers as I can and to show other racers what this car is all about.I know there's other web site in the U.K and Asia.But this one here has more of the North American racers here, joining the thread.it's good for all of us to know where to go to for help.If this site for some reason it's not working,we always have another to go to.This is the most visited site for now and it's still growing.......Hope to see more post to keep this running.Until then cya!!..

Chrisman
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 10:58 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Cool

choice words chrisman!

i like this one better, we got better pics!

you got any pics on the swaybar sets?

ciao

jesse
Old 09-24-2001, 09:08 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Talking

Hey JZone,

You can come and visit me anytime.Call first.I'll show you how the sway bars are for the 5.2ttt.Make sure I'm not in the b...room K!!
Still thinking about the proto type which I'm going to work on.Any input be great.I think Mytxxx will like this idea too.It it works...it'll be awesome.Cya!!

Chrisman
Old 09-24-2001, 07:46 PM   #67
Tech Rookie

i just got my 7even it is sooooooo tight but my question is i dont want to get rid of the front one way and get a Lightweight diff but not front one way i cant get the spare part so does a TC3 or schumacher diff work or will i have to stick with it, the last question is how can i get rid of sliding i have tire traction compound, hard springs and purples in the front and double purples in the back is there any other ways???????? thx
Nate
7even racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 07:55 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Pu tthe double purples in front and the purples in back. If that doesn't get it, you might go to softer springs.

Trips
Old 09-25-2001, 09:19 PM   #69
Tech Addict

Chrisman- I like this tread the best too. I'll stick with this this one.
Is Leo comming out this weekend?

Jzone- How's the overhaul comming? See you both this Sat. for the first of the indoor season. Jess, can I catch a ride with you?

7even racer- No the tc3 or schumacher diffs. will not fit. The xpess diff. is the only other one that we know of that fit.

Later
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:35 PM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Xpress diff fits 7even? but why would you use Xpress diff instead of 7even diff?
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 12:43 AM   #71
Tech Elite

Hello Everyone,

Got car troubled.....real car had been busy trying to get work done on it.So looks like there's a few things going on here.

7even racer,if you can let us know what your set up for your suspension right now we might be able to give you a better set up for the carpet.

Trips,I agree putting softer springs in the rear may help but if it doesn't we still need to know what is the set up first...each manufacture springs rate are different...so we have to look closer.If it works that's excellent.

Mytxx.
Leo is getting his car ready for this Sat .I hope my real car be ready then.Otherwise,I might not be able to make it.Will see.

Jzone.
Have you finish the car yet??........U putting something in those bearings for zero friction or what??.....see u Sat.
Old 09-26-2001, 12:54 AM   #72
Tech Elite

Oopss...ran out of typing room...

Over gear,

With the Xpress diff it's identicle to the 7even ones.I beleive they share the same maufacture.The Xpress has plastic outdrives which weighs lighter than the aluminum ones.There's delrin outdrives for the Xpress diff.I won't be surprise to see them soon...It is as smooth as the 7even ones.Just weight and Xpress diff you may find lying in the corner of the store sells for cheap.Main thing is the weight.Less weight better acceleration.Less power draw...longer run time.

The Xpress universals,yes, universals!!!..are much stronger material and it fits..the cvd on the 7even cars,wears and you may see the slop in the cvd out drives pin.When you have the car in the air,try moving the wheel slowly and see how much slop you have to move before you be able to turn the wheel.That's power loss right there.If there's no slop.....more power and run time right!!.. will see if there's another set up to cure these slops......Till then.Keep on Racing and have fun.

Chrisman.[COLOR=red][COLOR=red]
Old 09-27-2001, 01:07 AM   #73
Tech Apprentice

Hey Myx... its Leo .... u going to abby on Sat?.... mi kar ehs dun, bhut batis nee pshycos

Chrisman .. when u workin on ur ride, started yet?..hurry yup ...so u say express uni's will work ... and ur prototype 5.2 may not work ,the arms are not long enough in the front, but rear will be ok....i tried it on mine ..... those 6.0 rear hubs on my car, they look like 0.5 toe each , got any others?
MonSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 01:18 AM   #74
Tech Rookie

Most of you will know by now that we run o-rings under the rear top deck in low grip situations and it bolted down normally when the grip is high. We have now developed a new shape and thinner ( more flexible ) rear top deck in a carbon composite material that gives a great compromise between the previous two options.

This part really does wonders for the balance of the car in some conditions.

RC Racenews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 02:01 AM   #75
Tech Fanatic

monsoon..good to see you're gettin set for some fun racing on sat.

myx......i'll be commin from work on sat.......won't be there till bout 530pm ............so if you plan on getting there earlier you'r on your own bud. oh....save me a spot please.

chrisman.....caroverhaul is almost complete..........i'm gonna be trying out the express diff and unis. on the car. also got a one way pully to play with too. i need a set of xray blades from rudy, can you grab them for me? let me know,,,,,,,,i'll come see you friday nite around 10pm if you're gonna be home.

later

jesse