Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the quick reply MYXTYPLYX i am running a Green Machine 3 with Trinity 4499 brushes and the factory springs. hope that will help.
thanks,
nate
Old 05-24-2002, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey MOnsoon,

So thats were the missing pair was...I was looking for it everywhere.Thanks...Sorry Mytxx...I got to have it.It's been put on the strict diet.So I guess see you all there on the weekend.

Chrisman.
Old 05-27-2002, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

RSX Type 7even- I like that Green machine too. Try using the Reedy 769 brushes to get more top end as well as alittle bit more bottom as well.
If you need even more torque, try the 767 or combination of the two.
You might try using the 767 on the neg. with a little harder springs than stock and the 769 on the pos. with the stock springs. This has worked well for me. Let me know how it works for you.
With this, it's recommended to gear up 2 to 4 tooth. It might seem like too much but it performs well without overheating(always check brushes and gear down if the brushes starts to discolor).

I put my car on a diet as well and weighed in under. Wow!
I still have some more excess weight to shed so I will be adding weight to where it needs it.

Our club race was rain delayed till late today so the only ones who stayed was the hardcore gas. Nothing to report as no testing was done. Maybe next time.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

thanks, again for your quick response(i wasnt able to be at a comp.) i just got my brushes and got harder springs that made my car very fast and much better acceleration
Old 05-27-2002, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

teh best setup for the gm3 is the reedy 767's on both sides with the stock springs for more rpm, or medium springs for more torque. these were my results when i tested this sset up. also the 767's wear quickly, and with the medium brushes you will have more com wear.
Old 05-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Type S- Good tip. It's always good to get diff. prespective so you get more options.

RSX Type 7even- Every situation is diff. Use the best that works for you.

Another tip if you have not already done so is to always set your motor shims to the magnetic center. I haven't found many that have been set perfect right from the factory. It's a good idea to buy a set of motor shims so you can set it right. Just be carefull that you don't set the motor too tight or have too much play.

How did you break in your motor?
Old 05-28-2002, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

i didnt break in my motor a guy that works at my LHS did it, he put in new bushes right when i got it. i have had the motor for about a month or a little less. but i have to get the comm cut again and the new brushes and springs and get it nice and clean again. i will put in the shims when i can get to the shop since i have 2 and half yars til i can drive (WOOOHOOO) i have a Subaru with STI exhaust waitin 4 me, since it is my dads right now. cant wait to drive.
Thanx for your help
Nate
Old 05-28-2002, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

oh sweet chrisman, my dreams are close to coming true. an evoII is on it's way as i speak. ok, so i'm maybe a bit too excited, but still. i'm happy to join the club so to speak. i posted some months ago when i thought about getting one then. i've been peepin it for some time now. i can't wait to get it. ok. just had to gloat a little...sort of.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Seaball...

Glad to see that you going to get the EV02.Welcome to the club...hee!hee!!...
Will see you in action very soon.Anything that you need help with just drop it in here and some one here be able to get to you very quickly.Post pics of your car when you get it.Cheers.

Chrisman.
Old 05-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

ahh. will do. by the way, where did you get the xray blades from? i'd like to do this before i even run it.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hello Seball,

All of us here now uses RCLAB's blades.They should be available at your lhs.If not Xray blades are o.k also from your lhs.If your lhs doesn't carry any of them ,u may contact Steve at SpeedTech or MDi Racing for them.Other wise I can always get them for you:

Hey Mytxx....when is this rain going to go away...RCSPEEDO been calling me... but wrong time.I think he's excitied to join the club..hee!!hee!!. hope the weather gets better soon.

Chrisman.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

RSX Type 7even- As you know, stock racing is so close that every liitle thing counts. Since you didn't break the motor in, I would check the bushing to see if they are true(perfectlly round). See if the arm wobbles in the bushing. If it does, replace the bushings and break in again as this will rob you of power and efficiency.

After you have the comm cut, shim the arm to the magnetic center, replace the brushes and oil the bushings. I like to oil the bushings to from the inside as to keep the friction between the bushings, shims and arm to a minimum.

After that, go racing, have fun, kick butt, and kiss the trophy girl on the cheeks! LOL.

chrisman- I'm starting to feel waterlogged with all this rain. Are you gonna practice this weekend? Which day?

Speaking of blades, can you lend me 4? The x-ray blades are a little thinner and there is too much play.

RCSPEEDO is really excited. has he got it build yet?

Rudy is gonna lend me a motor that he polished to try out. I'm gonna try to polish mine but I'm scared that I'll wreck it. Have you done this before? Trying to save up for a faster mill.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

hey chrisman and fellas,
i saw, a while back, in one of the posts an optimum length for the jumper wire on the saddle packs. anyone wanna tell me what it is? i thought i remember a picture with it. i searched all 20 pages and i must have missed it. let me know what it is as i am prepping for the evo2's arrival.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Seaball,

Heem...I haven't post any pics on that issue but the length be approx 2 inches.This is so just when you finished racing and you can store it back into the original box as side by side.I can always e-mail you a pic of my batts if you need to see how it's done.LMK.

Chrisman.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

yeah ok. i made a bunch yesterday, but i quit just in case my loop was wrong. it will end up between the upper and lower halves of the rear belt right? i think all of mine were between 1.75" - 2". i should be ok. thanks for the quick reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.