R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2002, 03:00 AM   #601
Tech Addict

allin- You'll also want to pay attention to other racers, especially the fast guys. If your passing them on the straight but have no punch in the infield and are being left behind then you need to gear down. There's no use making a pass if you're just gonna loose it later.

Check you brushes after your run and if they are discolored then your geared too high. Your overheating the motor and your just wasting brushes and eating up your comm.

Hope this helps.
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 10:06 AM   #602
Tech Initiate

right now the gearing is fine. i have good top end and punch, but my motor is just getting warm an there is a lot left in the batteries (2400 and 3000) after 5min race. is that normal?

well i like the idea of checking the brushes. that's a good idea. well thanks for the help guys.
allin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 06:40 PM   #603
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

hey fellas,
bad news. i didn't sell my kxone's so now i can't get that 6.0 i was eyeing. whatta disappointment. two $350 cars, and they drew a winning bid of $102.50. wow. fortunately for me the reserve was a bit higher. oh well, maybe in time. thanks for all the answers. who knows, maybe i'll splurge. ok, later.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 12:38 PM   #604
Tech Adept

hey guys,

I just got a brand new quantum competition and do any of you guys run it? if anyone runs it what is a good setting for a stock motor? right now i am on map 5 which is the best level for stock motors atleast that is what it says. is the team stock setting better or is the one i am at the best??
thanx for your help
nate
RSX Type 7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 02:02 PM   #605
Tech Regular

Cool SET UP and GEARING etc

Hey guys... In case you haven't have a look at a couple of sites in the UK....

RCLABS are kicking up a storm by dominating quite a few races in England... have a look at www.rclab.co.uk there you will find race results and setups there from winning cars etc...

have a look at track they have won in such as www.wlrc.co.uk, I take it they are larger tracks so bear in mind when looking at gearing etc...

even I managed from never driven a car to qualified in "A" on my 4th race at my local track... in 4 months.... what a car!!!
sonneteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 03:17 PM   #606
Tech Adept

Unhappy

i just got some new Eagle Models Click in connectors ( alot like the corally's just that the corallys werent in stock) anywayz i need to know how to put them 2gether, i think i just have to solsder the wire to the top of the clip, i just did that now, i solder the femaly part to the battery and now i am down. Now tcar wont acclereate or even steer but the ESC turns but nothing works???i have a brand new Quantum but it worked b4 i installed the connectors any ideas?????
Old 05-17-2002, 03:55 PM   #607
Tech Adept

neva mind stupid mistkae, no CRYSTAL!!! hahaha im stupid other than that mah car kick A-Main azz
Old 05-17-2002, 08:15 PM   #608
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Type S

rsx type 7 even, you still running the lab? i thought u traded it for an irs tc3?

anyway im stilllooking for a lab. im willing to trade my tc3 with spares, let me know if any one has anything

tia
Type S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 10:10 PM   #609
Tech Adept

nah i didnt trade it mah friend has one and i changed my mind RC LAB much better to me. now that i think about it i never would sell it unless i could sel it and get 2 new RC LABS!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 02:25 PM   #610
Tech Apprentice

test
MonSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 11:52 AM   #611
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

Hey Guys,

Been gone for a while haven't been back......looks like there's a few post and going well.Wow,....Monsoon..just emerged from the past...........Hee!!hee!!..

Rsx and sea ball nice to see you here..
Rsx....as for the Quantum esc...none of us here has one>So we can't help you there.But I'll be getting one very soon.Will input the settings best when I got it working.
As for now,Novak cyclones tc2 is what we all uses.We share programs together with the Wizard.

Yes,Sonneter ,
It's gaining grounds in U.k...go RCLAB..7evens.
and as for your results,thats what we want to hear.Congrats on the A main finished even you did not finished 1st,top 10 in A is tough.

Here's another forum we working on.Check it out.
http://www.rclab.com/discus/

Chrisman.
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 02:48 PM   #612
Tech Adept

on saturday the RCLAB kicked some a** on the b- main, i couldnt make it to A-Main cuase all the Factory drivers were there and there was no way i could beat them. but i still did really good. the best ever. i did my fastest lap time - 12.0- and my track is 100' by 65' and this thing is huge. the best drivers on electric stock do 11.0 so im gettin there, the last electronic part i need is a high speed servo, price is not a factor because i won a $80 gift certificate to my lhs so if it is like 120 it doesnt matter. i was lookin at JR Propo they have super fst servos with BB and metal gear so that is what i will probably getcause i definately need MG cause the servo is on the side. also since i posted the track size (100' by 65') could that help in finding a good pinion? right now i have a 34 and i have massive top end with a GM3 should i gear down 1 or 2 teeth? i just need more kick out of the corners. thanx for your help and thanks RC LAB for making this awesome car, if it wasnt for you i wuold be driving a TC3 which i dont like as much because, it is so popular and also because i almost dont break ever, if i do , i order aluminum if that is what is broken.
thanks guys,
Nate
Old 05-23-2002, 10:46 PM   #613
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

RSX dude,

Cool....thats a big track to run.If you have lots of top end and wants a little more punch getting out,gear 2 tooth down.Go from ther and see if you like it.Servo is a big factor in responce,I'm still using my Fut9403s.But the newer digital ones are even better.Keep up the good work and competition.We all love stories like this posted...... bad or good at least you put you best into it.And with that you grow for more better results.

Team drivers are fast all the time.Next time go by there and ask what kind of stuffs they are using maybe a few tips can be gain there.I'm sure they are not stuck ups!!..Anyways,remember to have fun racin and glad to see u like RCLAB 7even.

Hey Mytxx,Jzones,Monsoon and RCspeedo....

Racing this weekend out door....Hopefully weather be good for us.They call for rain... .I have my 6.o ver 2 ready with a bunch of different settings.Not to mention this thing has been on a diet and gone to be very lite.(legal)So see you guys soon.

Chrisman
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:50 PM   #614
Tech Apprentice

chrisman.. i still have a pair of bulkheads here .. forgot to pick them up.....

Last edited by MonSoon; 05-24-2002 at 12:01 AM.
MonSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 02:52 AM   #615
Tech Addict

chrisman- If it's good weather then count me in and jzone too by what he said.
We'll see how your setup works and if it's better than mine then we'll need to compare notes. Last time I practiced my setup needed just alittle more tweeking to get it to my liking.
I'm doing some work to get the slop out of the universals and it should be alot better by race day. I also tightened things up on other areas I've been neglecting over the winter and is making this ride a whole lot smoother and easier to setup.
When I find a killer setup, I'll post it and give some tips on what to expect.

MonSoon- You gonna see daylight anytime soon? Maybe time to get that car rolling before it sprouts roots. LOL.
If there's no takers on the bulkheads, I'll take em.

RSX Type 7even- glad to hear your doing well. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
Man, that's a huge track. Try not to sacrifice too much top end to gain punch or all the work you do in the infield will dissapear when you get on the straights.
What motor, springs, brushes are you running?
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote