R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2002, 08:45 AM   #526

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Cmotif

That T4 is very cool looking. The aluminum around the motor looks so much like what we have on our 7s.

You know the know the little ring spacer that goes on the outside of the bearing on the steering block? Mine seems to get chewed up by the pin that goes through the universal drive shaft. If so, how did you fix it.

Cmotif <><
International Racing Team Member #18
IRT Established: 1999

Everything About You -- Sanctus Real

www.dontblamejesus.com
Cmotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 09:23 AM   #527
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

Here's the 2002 out door racing schedule.Check it out...looks like a lot of racing happening.
http://www.absolutercd.com/wctcc.html

All the races will count for 2002 points series both at Richmond ans Apollo. we will
be allowed two(2) "throw out" so you can count your best finishes . We will be
encoureging the Entry levil (Sports man) with the enphesis on having fun. We will
follow the IFMAR rules and specification govening our cars.
Schedule for 2002
Lands Downe Town Centre
#3 Road Richmond BC. Canada
Tentative dates
april:
may:
June:
July:
August:
September:
season opener
Club
//Challange Trophy
Club
WC TC Championship
Club and final Points race Trophy
NE corner
NE corner
#3 Road
NE corner
#3 Road
NE corner

Apollo Hobbies
Tentative dates
April

May

June
July
August
September
Season Opener
Club Challange
Apollo Challange Trophy
club
club
Final Point RaceTrophy
chrisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 08:01 PM   #528
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmotif
That T4 is very cool looking. The aluminum around the motor looks so much like what we have on our 7s.

You know the know the little ring spacer that goes on the outside of the bearing on the steering block? Mine seems to get chewed up by the pin that goes through the universal drive shaft. If so, how did you fix it.

Cmotif <><
It i may add alittle more info abou thte T4. Its was out or designed before the "7- eleven" was out. I saw the proto type awhile back and I wanted one so baddly. But stupid me wen for a xray instead uck!
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 08:37 PM   #529
Tech Addict

Usagi- It's never too late to come over to the Dark Side.
Take the plunge, you won't regret it.

chrisman- Looks like we'll be able to get our fill this year. Last year kinda lacked for racing outdoor.
You commin out for the 30th? Who else?
Jess looks like he's out until the outdoor season.
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 08:11 AM   #530
Tech Regular

Can't wait till the next race at Abby as well as the outdoor race. Got my Mugen ready, though I might need that servo back Chrisman, that one is for my Mugy, I'll have your $$$ ready before the first outdoor race. I'll probably be running stock electric and Gas. Can we do a replay of that bump I did to u Chrisman?! It really showed your flying Serpy, hehehehe

Later
rcspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:58 PM   #531
Tech Elite

Hello Comtif,

The little spacers/O rings you mention is a very common thing on the 7even car,they all get crushed from tightening the wheel against them.What my solution to that was to use kawada's X beat wheel adapter.It has a stopper at the end of the hex and I use only 1 very thin o ring on the outside and a medium ones in the axle behind the bearings.This X beat is light weight and has a rubber O ring to keep the pin in place so when you take your wheel off the pin stays.A hint...make sure the pins are straight and not bent..this will cause binding if it is bent.So far it's working great for me and I haven't replace any at this point.Another hint...a little place between the bearings are normal..too tight takes the hp away and makes your car slow.spin the wheels and see if it spins freely without the belts on.If it does spins fine...u are ready to rumbble. if it snags..aand comes to a stop to easily..check bearings and O rings for bind.Hope this help.

Hello Mytxx,

Yes, this year has a bunch of dates set up for outdoor.Hopefully we can get as much help from all of you racers out there to make this happen.3 guys can't run the races alone....We want to make racing better this year ,any comments and volenteers be greatly appreciated.Round them up boys...looks like Dave will be helping too.

Hello Usagi,

Yes,I agree the T 4 looks nice..I always likes those imports..hee!!hee!!Sure looks very similar to 7evens.There's another one we should be aware of is the Baracuda from Alex Racing.It's a sweet car too.The Xray is an excellent car too but unfortunately,not many of us runs it here.Mainly the cost of the car.. Anyways,lets get some more interesting pics posted.I'll see if I can get the Baracuda posted..cheers..

Hello rcspeedo,

So I c you can't wait.... I guess it goes for everyone here.
As for your servo...it may be alittle problem to get it back..It's in my Serpy...that flew up in the air....lets see at least 10 feet in the air and bounce off Mytxx Crv Tire...hee!!hee!!.Will see what we can do..Will talk to you soon.

Chrisman
Old 03-22-2002, 02:38 PM   #532

Default Thanks Chrisman, that is rad!

Cam you give me a part number for the Kawada part? Also where can I get Kawada parts on line? I have been trying to find Kawada parts, especially a 1/24th Kawada Tripmate, and I haven't been able to.

Cmotif <><
See-More-Teeth (Just kidding, that is not what it stands for, but it is an easy way to remember it)

www.dontblamejesus.com

Last edited by Cmotif; 03-22-2002 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:25 PM   #533
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisman
Hello Comtif,

Hello Usagi,

Yes,I agree the T 4 looks nice..I always likes those imports..hee!!hee!!Sure looks very similar to 7evens.There's another one we should be aware of is the Baracuda from Alex Racing.It's a sweet car too.The Xray is an excellent car too but unfortunately,not many of us runs it here.Mainly the cost of the car.. Anyways,lets get some more interesting pics posted.I'll see if I can get the Baracuda posted..cheers..
the baracude is soo cool i saw it in person in tokyo talked to the owner and he was so cool.

the T4 well thats in a class all by itself.
i can posta pic of the baracude.....if you ike i have one
the xray.well uck i have it and hate it now!
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 10:03 PM   #534
Tech Regular

Hey Chrisman,
Count me in to help out in your races. Let me know the details and I'll try to schedule my time.
rcspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 11:21 PM   #535

Thumbs down Don't like the X-ray? What is up with that?

I thought that the X-ray was supposed to be the Bomb! Usagi why don't you like it? And you like the 7 better? What makes the 7 better in your mind?

That's cool though, I would like to think that I have a better car than a X-ray.

Cmotif <><

www.dontblamejesus.com
Old 03-23-2002, 10:15 AM   #536
Tech Elite

Hello Comtif,

U 're most welcome..glad to help out.As for the part # for the hex wheel adapter...I got to run down to my lhs to find out whats the part #.I know Mtyxx runs a different one,and it works for him too.It's not as modified like the Kawada ones.I'll let you know on the part #.As for info on how to get the spares for the Trip mate...no body up here is distributing them anymore.More likely contacting dealers abroad or manufacture.Try waigo Hobbies.The may be able to help.I think they do mail oders.I'll find the website for you 2.

Hi Rcspeedo,

Glad to see you volenteer to help.Dates are set as I had posted.U can always call me.Will see u soon.

Hey Usagi,

If you got the pics...by all means post it...So every one can drulle and enjoy staring at it..hee!!hee!!...Keep them coming.

Here's a personal thought of the Xray.I like the car....from day one.Damn prices are not cheap.Even today.I have a Serpent Impluse and I like it's ability of adjustments same as Xray.But for the price ,there's other cars that are priced lower and has similar performance and stay on a competetive level.. thats why I don't have an Xray.Oh well .... my 7even is doing really well and I like it everytime I drove it..

Chrisman
Old 03-23-2002, 10:37 AM   #537
Tech Apprentice

Chris/Cmotif, you might like to check out our new wheel hexes - perfect fit onto the axle, locked on with set-screw, will not come off until you want it to, if used with the hub bearing spacers, no slop in the bearings, just smooth and free running!

Alloy Wheel Hex

Hub bearing spacer kit
modeltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 11:25 AM   #538
Tech Elite

Hello Modeltech,

Thank you for the info on the parts.Looks good.I thought I have seen it at your website.If you don't mind,posting prices here is welcome And Info of mail orders too.I'm sure there's eager buyers here.I have seen your diff outdrives...I like them.

Chrisman
Old 03-25-2002, 01:13 AM   #539
Tech Addict

chrisman- If it's help you want, then it's help you shall recieve. Be warned, when the tone goes...
Can you also bring me the belt pulley retainer this Sat? The one I got is too small. I think it's for the old smaller pulley.
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:19 AM   #540
Tech Elite

HEY MYTXX....

YES,I GOT IT HERE....THE BIG ONE. THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW IN ADVANCE FOR THE VOLENTEER HELP...WE NEED ALL WE CAN GET TO RUN THESE RACES SO WE CAN ALL ENJOY.

CHRISMAN.