Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i have some literature about anodizing at home. it's not very costly or difficult. just need to locate sulfuric acid. that's the tough part. if anyone is interested, i will post it. we should have most of the small equipment needed to do it. i will do it soon. BRONZE! i think. i'd like to have aluminum wheels and do them too, but i'd never run the thing.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

oh, and thanks for the info chrisman. later.
Old 10-12-2001, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That Green anodizing on that CE4 looks SWEET! Dam I wish it came that way!

How does the 7even car compare to the old Ofna OB4 Mid TC, anyone had the chance to try both of these cars out? The 7even obviously looks far nicer with all the aluminum and build quality but being that it has pretty much the same identical driveline layout?
Old 10-12-2001, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

WOW! So much activity and questions on this tread... I Love It!!! Keep it comming.

For all who don't yet know,(newbies) Chisman and Monsoon know their shit when it comes to any of the 7even cars. They have first hand info. and have put in the time. They are also willing to share all of it with you all just for the asking.
Me and Jzone are pretty green on the cars but learning fast. We also believe in what Chrisman said..."he whom keep it to himself is not a team player. " Keep up the great job guys!

overgear- The 6.0 is not better, in fact the 5.2 is by far tougher. The 5.2ttt has less tunning adjustments but for some less is sometimes better. For instance, how many times have you tuned yourself into a bad setup by adjusting too many things? Don't get me wrong, the 5.2 is still plenty adjustable.

seaball- The 5.2ttt and the 6.0 can both run at 190mm track. they just go about it in a different way. In addition to what Chrisman and Monsoon said, the 5.2ttt has adjustable lower turnbuckles to set track kinda like the way pivot ball systems are done.
Give us your insight into anodizing, please. I,m building a Frankenstein for holloween. Scarry stuff.

Chrisman- Team paint this x-mas... Sounds good! We'll need to get the guys together one day to go over the details. NO GREEN!!! LOL!

My one finger is cramping now from typing, gotta go...
Old 10-12-2001, 03:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you so much for supporting RC Lab products.

If you would like to know more about RC Lab car kits, you could post your question here or e-mail us at [email protected]. You could also visited www.rclabusa.com for more 6.0 Pro information.

The Seven 6.0 Pro and 6.0 Ver II is the most current RC lab car kit. RC Lab USA do not supply any parts for any older Seven models.

Thank you very much.
RC Lab USA
Old 10-12-2001, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks RCLAB USA,

As for the other models ,spare parts if needed ,you may e-mail me for more info.There are parts still available for the 5.2ttt to keep this running.No worries..Just ask if parts needed.Info will be given where they are accessible.It's not too much of a spare parts needed for the 5.2ttt due to the toughness of the car. .Minor plastic parts are easily bought.Remember 6.0 parts are useable too on the 5.2ttt. been there,done it.We'll have more photos of our cars.....Cheers.

Chrisman
Old 10-12-2001, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

The 5.2 versions were kind of the development mules for the 6.0 Pro kits. The 5.2 kits are good kits, but the few issues that need correcting are big ones:

bulkheads are 2-piece units...top half holds shock tower and lower half holds the diff. Which means on an impact it is relatively easy to tweak the chassis. more aluminum doesn't necessarily mean better. better design is better design. The 6.0 doesn't have this issue. The newer 6.0 ver.II has even lighter bulkheads.

the steering components on the 5.2 kits are completely different from the 6.0 kits. The turnbuckle/captive ball method on the 5.2 kits can tear out of the suspension arms relatively easy on an impact. Although the 6.0 arms do fit...you have to replace the whole steering system because it's completely different. The C-shaped hub on the 6.0 can break too...but at least it's easy to get replacements in plastic or aluminium. If you look at the RC Lab 6.0 unit and compare it to the similar part on a TC3, you will see that the RC Lab unit is much beefier, about double thickness.

parts parts is parts. there are no dealers for the 5.2 kits. I'm guessing Chrisman has some. I don't know. How many? when will that run out?

I hope Chrisman is able to sell his kits and get out from under them, it sucks to have excess inventory you can't sell I'm sure. But with the street price on a 6.0 kit only around $190 USD and all the parts available...the 5.2 better be a really good deal. Thankfully, the 6.0 parts can fit on the 5.2 kits. Just know if you buy the 5.2 that when you break stuff you may have to buy more than just what you broke. If the deal is good, buy them up because the 6.0 is awesome and you can eventually "buy-up" and turn the 5.2 into a 6.0 or even a 6.0 ver.II.

If you are in the USA, that may end up being another consideration when you put customs into the equation.
Old 10-12-2001, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

7even... have u ever owned a 5.2ttt?

in my experience with both cars the 5.2ttt and the 6.0.. the 5.2ttt is built with heavy duty parts, than the 6.0 ..... the 5.2 uses delrin arms and alloy knuckles....the 6.0 uses a moulded graphite compound , like the TC3 and MR4 arms.... i currently use the 5.2 suspension in the front and the 6.0 in the rear... there is nothing wrong with the graphite arms, i like them for its light weight and ease of manufacturing compared to the delrin which have to be machined out.... my 6.0 rear uses delrin arms and alloy knuckles..
The 2 piece bulkhead design was a nice feature which i hoped they had kept, it made diff access quicker.

RC Lab will always make changes to the car. RC Lab likes to know wat drivers want .... so if u have susgestion for improvements post it in this forum.... RC Lab doesn't want bashingof theirs cars.. this forum was created to help people not bash them...

my 2 cents.

Last edited by MonSoon; 10-13-2001 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-13-2001, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Well said......arest my case.It's the drivers choice......As long they are well inform good or bad,this forum will be here to stay and help be always here...Unlike some people who like to bash their own kind.!!!we don't need this type of stereo type.We all are not equally the same but we all share the same breathing air.

Chrisman.
Old 10-13-2001, 03:01 AM
Tech Rookie

7even is actually telling the truth. 6.0 series is an advanced version of 5.2 series.

Before RC Lab USA decided to offically bring RC Lab products to US market in about a year ago, we tested the 5.2ttt production version in Southern California. The 5.2ttt test included both handling and crash test. The test results were not satisfactory, therefore, we teamed up with RC Lab Limited to redesign the 5.2ttt. After a couple months of designing, the first working 6.0 prototype was born.

We expected the 6.0 should be better than 5.2 in all aspects. The test results of the 6.0 prototype were within our expectation. The manufacturing process of 6.0 was started right after that.

If 5.2ttt was better or the same as 6.0 series, we would not spent our time and any of our resource to redesign the 5.2ttt.

We would also like to let eveyone know that the manufacturing of 5.2 series parts have stopped long time ago. All the 5.2ttt parts available from Chrisman are the remaining 5.2ttt parts in the world.
Old 10-13-2001, 06:02 AM
che
Tech Regular

Default Parts.

After reading Peter's post, I think all of the 5.2ttt parts from Chrisman just sky rocketed!! LOL! Can you say 'supply and demand'!

I think that answers your question. Why invest in a kit that you may not be able to get parts for in the near future?

if you have an existing 5.2ttt, perhaps get another kit from Chrisman as a backup/parts kit.
Old 10-13-2001, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Rclab USA,

Pete,I notice that all of you people there are getting over and excited on this forum on the 5.2ttt issue.It's good that you have your saying on the forum and about your history before you started being a distributor.Well it's not just you only who had done the test and develop the new car.We all have our share in it.Yes,you are perfectly right the 6.0 is the sucessor of 5.2ttt.Alot of development was put into it.That's how we got the 6.0.
Now the 5.2ttt kits and stock which I have ,are sold as is to who ever that has the interest in it.Racers choice!.Once they are gone thats it.Spare replacements still exsists until stock depreciate.I'm sure you know whats the next level in business will be........more 6.0 in the market.If you think this 5.2ttt is messing up your market ...call me up or e-mail ,will talk then.
These are the remaining batch.

Chrisman.

P/S prices on the remaining parts/kits did not sky rocketed,They
are to be sold at an attractive price.No harm done..
Old 10-13-2001, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Chrisman, what are the most common broken parts on the 5.2? I want to stock up on parts in case I decide to run it...
Old 10-13-2001, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

HI AE RACER,

THE BALL ENDS ON THE FRT SUSPENSION WOULB BE THE MOST COMMON PART TO HAVE.IF YOU NEED THEM, LET ME KNOW.I'LL SEND THEM TO YOU.THANKS DUDE.I HAVE OTHER TIPS TO HELP YOU TOO IF NEEDED.

CHRISMAN.
Old 10-13-2001, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

get on ICQ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.