Wiki Posts
Search

T2'008, Mi3 or RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default T2'008, Mi3 or RDX Phi

Going to be running rubber on asphalt. Lipo and brushless.

Track condition can vary alot (in Australia) hot, windy, dusty etc.

a penny for your thoughts.

Thanks,

Ben.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Ben

My colleague has an RDX, a superb car. Quality is fine, the car is very fast around the corners. Spare parts are expensive. You can always update an RDX, you will never have an old car.

XRAY will be good as well, i think. Superb quality. But they release a new car every Year.

MI3: In Switzerland the people are not happy with this car. complicated, heavy, lousy quality (CVD too weak). Most people switched to another brand.

I drive a TC 5 btw. But if I would have to choose now: RDX, 008 or maybe Serpent S 400

Regards
Old 12-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

save your hard earned for the new yokomo!
Old 12-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just a point, i saw 3 broken front arms at the track today, all on Mi3's...
Old 12-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Corally RDX Phi
Old 12-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

MI3, great car, if you can set one up and not hit nothing for the 5 mins your out there, weak driveshafts etc. Seen a lot of Mi3 drivers repairing more than anything. Car is nice to work on and looks the biz (when new)

RDX Phi, lovely car, but pricey on replacement parts, nice car to work on, BRCA 19T Champion car its a lovely car, but if you crash often then have deep pockets,

T2'008, damn nice car, nice to work on, and performs out of the box, nice to look at and at the moment has the "bling" factor. Its v. nice on carpet. Parts are marginally cheaper than the RDX's but its a nice strong car and i've seen one go through some good crashes fine.

I run a Cyclone, i'd consider your other options, Serpent S400, HB Cyclone, TC5 etc etc. Just pick one and look into it and the setup information, or get one that is used at the track a lot, you'll have information regarding setup that is invaluble off other ppl.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mi3 weak Cvd's and heavy but aftermarket LW parts are available but pricey
RDX weal A-arms but is very light in weight and the price tag $$$$$$$$$$$$$
T2 2008 will be a seasonal affair
Old 12-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Talking RDX/PHI

I was mainly AE before but now switching to RDX,also just got a PHI these cars are great for handling and as for spares a little bit dearer because you will definately break less parts as they are tough cars

Last edited by flashgordon; 12-30-2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The CVD issues are all sorted on the Mi3's now. There was a problem with the CVD supplier on the first batch of cars.

As far as arms breaking...if you break an arm on an Mi3 it would have broken on any other sedan. The Mi3 is actually on of the toughest cars out now (after the CVD's got fixed).

I used to work for Schumacher. I no longer work for them and I can buy any car I want...I still run an Mi3 because it is the most advanced sedan on the market, it is more tune-able than anything else and its really freaking fast
Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The CVD issues are all sorted on the Mi3's now. There was a problem with the CVD supplier on the first batch of cars.

As far as arms breaking...if you break an arm on an Mi3 it would have broken on any other sedan. The Mi3 is actually on of the toughest cars out now (after the CVD's got fixed).

I used to work for Schumacher. I no longer work for them and I can buy any car I want...I still run an Mi3 because it is the most advanced sedan on the market, it is more tune-able than anything else and its really freaking fast
Old 12-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Get an Mi3 or S400 if you can...the MI3 is top quality in every area, and has adjustbility like no other car. Arms and other parts are very tough, and the early CVD issue has been resolved. Its no longer an issue. They are tought, and their customer service is exellent. Only issue is that their parts are really expensive...its super easy to drive and its fast and super smooth.

S400- great car, pretty innexpensive parts, super easy to work on and set up, its very quick and has great handling and steering...but due its very low top deck, its tough to use Lipos on there...But now with the new Orion 3600 packs, they fit very nicely on the car, when you dremmel off about .5mm off the bulkhead...see the S400 thread for Tim Potters posts and pics on this.

Xray is great...but I hate when they release cars every freaking year...
Old 12-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I honestly dont understand why its a problem that xray releases an updated car every year, they always seem to be a better car, the older cars hold their value very well, if your totally happy with the one you have, no one makes you buy the newest one, and most people agree that xray quality overall is the standard of the industry, it seems like every one would be more unhappy if they had a better car available and only the team drivers had one, instead of selling kits to the public.....Im just saying
Old 12-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default xray

Go the Xray 008 ,strong, super reliable,Best electric car i have ever driven, Super corner speed,Parts are easy to get.
Don't think about it any longer.008
Old 12-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

you guys got it all wrong , you need to get a "CEN"

j/k
any of the 3 cars you mention are all really good
Old 12-30-2007, 07:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I would say go to your local track and find out what's is the best supported car there. Base your decision by what YOU want, not what every single solitary person on RC Tech decides for you.

You may end up with some base line entry level car that smokes every car thats been mentioned on this thread at your local track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.