R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-05-2003, 12:26 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Default Lost Wheels

Guys;

Use a Drop of Threadlock inside the Wheel nuts to keep them from coming loose.

By appling the Threadlock to the Nut instead of the Axle, the excess is pushed out the Nut as it's tightened and not up against the Wheel.
Threadlock attacks most Plastics and can cause your Wheels to fail at the point of contact (from flying R/C Helicopters).
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 04:20 PM   #47
Suspended

Tip #1 Dont rub salt in your eyes
Tip #2 Never admit to foreign penetration
Tip #3 FHubbard is a Hack

Follow those 3 tips and you are off to a good start
Hu Flung Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 05:33 PM   #48
Tech Regular

I don't know if anybody else is done this but I've been using empty Crystal light containers to store tires, they fit a set no problem and best of all they're plastic and very durable, also
you don't have to wash them, since the Crystal light comes in separate small tubs/containers inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4300095065.jpg (8.3 KB, 136 views)
jackhammer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 07:58 PM   #49

Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng

Quote:
Originally posted by jackhammer74
I don't know if anybody else is done this but I've been using empty Crystal light containers to store tires, they fit a set no problem and best of all they're plastic and very durable, also
you don't have to wash them, since the Crystal light comes in separate small tubs/containers inside.
Pringle (chips) cans work the same way tooo

except there a durable cardboard

recycle recycle recycle
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 06:26 PM   #50
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

While doing shock rebuilds you can get the air bubbles to rise to the surface quicker by putting your shocks under a hot lamp, the heat will make the oil less viscous and the air will rise quicker. *But*, if you intend on running the shocks straight away I wouldn't recomend doing this, as the less viscous oil may hamper handling(by feeling too light), untill the oil cools back to room temperature.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 07:14 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Default CA the Exhaust Coupler on

Guys;

I have seen many times at the track that some racers have a hard time keeping the Exhaust Coupler from pulling apart on a Nitro Car. Especially after an accident.

The solution is to completely clean off all the oil on the parts, assemble and align the Exhaust system.

Then with the Car standing up on one end, force a small Screwdriver between the Pipe/Header and Coupler to create a small gap for some CA glue.

In the gap, put a drop or two of CA. Do this in 2 places at both ends of the Coupler, then install your Zip-Ties as usual.

You will now have an Exhaust system that is just about Bomb Proof..

(sorry, I realize that this is the Electric forums, but a good tip none the less.)

Last edited by popsracer; 08-06-2003 at 07:20 PM.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:52 PM   #52
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
While doing shock rebuilds you can get the air bubbles to rise to the surface quicker by putting your shocks under a hot lamp, the heat will make the oil less viscous and the air will rise quicker. *But*, if you intend on running the shocks straight away I wouldn't recomend doing this, as the less viscous oil may hamper handling(by feeling too light), untill the oil cools back to room temperature.
I thought the advantage of silicone oil was it doesn't change with heat changes?

Always wear safety glasses when using super glue or soldering. You only have one set of eyes!!!

Bingo markers make great tire traction applicators. I have one with Simple Green to clean tires and one with traction compound.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:57 PM   #53
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to zachzachz

Never stand in the way of an oncoming car, especially if it's your car.
zachzachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:57 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by newracer
I thought the advantage of silicone oil was it doesn't change with heat changes?
Sorry I stand corrected, you are right. I threw some oil in the freezer for 10 mins and the viscosity didn't change at all. I'm not completely sure, it just felt like the bubble rose to the surface quicker. When I touched my shocks(metal) they were hot, maybe the heat has made the air in the shock become hotter and since hot air rises it naturally comes up quicker..... Just guessing..

Maybe it's all in my head?.... It usually takes me ages to pump the shocks walk away(to let the bubbles rise out), pump the shocks walk away and so on. When I used a lamp the bubbles seemed to come up fast enough so that I could pump and get the air out much faster......
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:09 PM   #55
Tech Initiate

Default Tip:

Tip: Dont let youre wife/girlfriend drive youre car..you wont have it very long..they get kinda testy about when you start calling the car "baby"..LOL
MarlboroRally is offline   Reply With Quote