Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UPDATED ENTRY AND CAP

well USVTA racers, Ive been informed that we will stop taking entries once we reach 120....we are at 116 as of now, that doesnt mean all 116 will show, but with the amount of PAID entries coming in, we will reach the 100 PAID entry mark very soon, which will close signups all together....we still have options on the table for more pit space in the offroad room

I wish we could add 50 more, but that would require an extra day or two of racing and practice. We will run a tight ship as always at Thunder RC. Dirla has told me that he will make it work.

I hope everyone on the list comes and enjoy the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals. It will be the most comp and fun you will ever have at an event like this.

REMEMBER

all paid entries in by Aug 28th will get a FREE gift

entry is only $30 for 1st class

Sleep Inn is giving rooms for us at $49.99 for doubles

Event shirts are only $20

you can mail in a entry form with check or money order

you can sign up on RCsignups and pay there with Paypal

or see me at the track for cash,check or money order

Also you can pay the day of, but be aware pit space will go to paid entries 1st...1st paid 1st served

I really would hate for somebody not be able to get in this event caused it "SOLD" out, but the only way to secure your spot is to get your entry in ASAP....

thanks again for all the support and I will see ALL of you soon

Battman

http://www.thunderrcraceway.com/Thun...ionals2011.pdf

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-nashville-tennessee-TN464

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2148
Old 08-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
well USVTA racers, Ive been informed that we will stop taking entries once we reach 120....we are at 116 as of now, that doesnt mean all 116 will show, but with the amount of PAID entries coming in, we will reach the 100 PAID entry mark very soon, which will close signups all together....we still have options on the table for more pit space in the offroad room

I wish we could add 50 more, but that would require an extra day or two of racing and practice. We will run a tight ship as always at Thunder RC. Dirla has told me that he will make it work.

I hope everyone on the list comes and enjoy the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals. It will be the most comp and fun you will ever have at an event like this.

REMEMBER

all paid entries in by Aug 28th will get a FREE gift

entry is only $30 for 1st class

Sleep Inn is giving rooms for us at $49.99 for doubles

Event shirts are only $20

you can mail in a entry form with check or money order

you can sign up on RCsignups and pay there with Paypal

or see me at the track for cash,check or money order

Also you can pay the day of, but be aware pit space will go to paid entries 1st...1st paid 1st served

I really would hate for somebody not be able to get in this event caused it "SOLD" out, but the only way to secure your spot is to get your entry in ASAP....

thanks again for all the support and I will see ALL of you soon

Battman

http://www.thunderrcraceway.com/Thun...ionals2011.pdf

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-nashville-tennessee-TN464

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2148
What time do you guys wrap up on Sunday? Looking at flights...
Old 08-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

The 1970 Dodge Challengers are taking over the world! Take a look at this pic of the line-up from Thursday's race at Mike's Hobby Shop in Texas.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MDawson
What time do you guys wrap up on Sunday? Looking at flights...
not sure at this time....as more paid entry come in we are able to get more of a time frame...right now around 6-7pm
Old 08-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wwddww34
The 1970 Dodge Challengers are taking over the world! Take a look at this pic of the line-up from Thursday's race at Mike's Hobby Shop in Texas.
nice..top 3 qualifers...sweet
Old 08-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

If you fill up and we can provide our own pit spot (a trailer), can we do that?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mracer
If you fill up and we can provide our own pit spot (a trailer), can we do that?
yes that would be fine..some have already said thats their plan...

the main thing at this point is to get paid entry in so we can finalize all the food/drinks/shirts/pits, and trophies
Old 08-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here's a YouTube Video of the 3rd Qualifier race from Sat. Aug. 20...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqbuRuwY-ZI

Here's a pic of the Line-up from Saturday's VTA Race at Mike's Hobby Shop...
Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Here is the pic.

Set up is F=1.5* camber -1.5* toe
Maybe just a smidge too much negative camber but doesn't look too bad. First half of tire will wear much faster than second half typically as there is less squirm/flex.

Are you guys running 21.5 motors? MUCH higher tire wear with those (particularly fronts) than the 25.5 setup.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Especially number 77

My local club has started VTA and this is the line up for the 2nd race meet with the class

Local rules allows for any muscle car body.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
...............Local rules allows for any muscle car body.
Nice!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Our VTA Class is having a Tribute NASCAR Race this coming November and i thought i would share a picture of my NASCAR VTA Car
idbdoug
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-kyle-busch-vta-car-003.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-kyle-busch-vta-car-005.jpg  
Old 08-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Maybe just a smidge too much negative camber but doesn't look too bad. First half of tire will wear much faster than second half typically as there is less squirm/flex.

Are you guys running 21.5 motors? MUCH higher tire wear with those (particularly fronts) than the 25.5 setup.
We are running the rules with 25.5 to the letter as much as possible. Just seems a but much wear after only 3 heats and a main but it is on asphalt so that is a factor for sure. I might try to take a little camber out of it and see how it reacts.Not really "complaining" just more puzzled as it seems a tad much wear so fast.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We are running the rules with 25.5 to the letter as much as possible. Just seems a but much wear after only 3 heats and a main but it is on asphalt so that is a factor for sure. I might try to take a little camber out of it and see how it reacts.Not really "complaining" just more puzzled as it seems a tad much wear so fast.
Last year at the end of the season, we were running the VTA tires in our 27T brushed muscle car class outside on soda prepped asphalt. Speeds were almost 17.5 non-boosted, although corner speeds were lower. I got about 20 runs on mine before I called it quits on a set of VTA tires.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Although we haven't actually started racing USVTA at our track yet, I'm trying to get a class started and have been practicing on the track a bit
We have an outdoor asphalt track here in SC, so it gets hot. After about 25 minutes or so on a 120-ish F track surface, the front tires are very bald in the middle with barely noticeable tread on the edges. The rears are very close to bald at the same amount of running.
After about 2.5 hours running on the same tires, they are completely bald on both front and rear, but I haven't seen any real degradation in performance. I'll be bringing a lap counter to the track for some practice in a couple weeks so that I can more accurately measure the difference between treaded and bald tires when it comes to performance.
On a positive note, if the performance is not noticeably different, I won't worry about it since the USVTA rules do not state that any tread is actually required. That seems to be a local club rule in some places.

I'm just going to keep an eye on them to see how long a set will last before wearing through the rubber on an asphalt track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.