U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default I want one!

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
I love optimists!

We estimate shipping these Edge controllers in August; once Rob gives the word, we can add them to our USVTA store section.

We will be discontinuing our Havoc 2S controller and the systems. The Japanese factory that fabricated the microprocessors we used in the H2S was badly damaged in the earthquake and can no longer mfg the micros. So we designed the Edge to combo up with motors for our more affordable systems.

We will be able to RMF returned Havoc 2S as long as we continue to receive them for exchange, so we can still offer RMF units to USVTA racers, but all combo prices will increase due to the neodymium motor issue.
The Novak web site shows THE EDGE for sale now.Are you selling it now,or is that pre order?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

We estimate shipping these Edge controllers in August; once Rob gives the word, we can add them to our USVTA store section.

Fire it up. I have to update the website with a few things later tonight.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

all combo prices will increase due to the neodymium motor issue.
I dont mean to turn this into a political issue but we need to open up the mining on those metals that we have in the US and not let China have all the profit from this. I know that it is hazardous and messy, but there has to be a way to get it safely.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by robk
Fire it up. I have to update the website with a few things later tonight.
Thanks---we will add it to the USVTA section.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by TWILL
The Novak web site shows THE EDGE for sale now.Are you selling it now,or is that pre order?
We are taking pre-orders; when the items are ready, we generally ship our pre-orders first. I just moved the Edge to our USVTA store section.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

We are taking pre-orders; when the items are ready, we generally ship our pre-orders first. I just moved the Edge to our USVTA store section.
ygpm
Old 07-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Default 2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY,USA

Hey everybody, I just to remind everyone that if you send in your entry in before August 28th, you will recieve a FREE gift....Prizes and gifts are coming in, and they are some really nice items....not to mention the trophies are to die for.

Get your entry in as soon as possible, we will fill the building, parking lot and the dirt room if needed...

Entries and conformation of attendance are coming in daily...from Chicago,Cleveland,North Carolina,Indy,ATL,N. Georgia,Kentucky,Knoxville,Alabama,Texas,Florida,M emphis, and more...dont get left out on the

2011 USVTA Southern Nationals....its not the one you want to miss, see you soon and thank you for the support of the event
Old 07-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I love optimists!

We will be discontinuing our Havoc 2S controller and the systems. The Japanese factory that fabricated the microprocessors we used in the H2S was badly damaged in the earthquake and can no longer mfg the micros. So we designed the Edge to combo up with motors for our more affordable systems.
The Edge will be the same price as the GTB2 by the looks of it so, unless you need a smaller controller, why not buy a GTB2??
Old 07-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I dont mean to turn this into a political issue but we need to open up the mining on those metals that we have in the US and not let China have all the profit from this. I know that it is hazardous and messy, but there has to be a way to get it safely.
There is a bit more to it than this...

Stratfor reported on the heavy metals market situation several months ago. The challenge is that to extract these ores at a level of safety for both the miners and environment that is even REMOTELY acceptable costs money. The Chinese have been willing to accept higher risks, etc and sold these metals at a MUCH lower price than anyone coulld match, so everyone else got out of the business of mining heavy metals and ceded the market to them.

Fast forward to now, the Chinese would like to a) increase the safety of their workers and environment, and (possibly more importantly) b) enhance profits. The combined market for these metals is massive, FAR more than our little piddley hobby use, so the producers are playing supply/demand and raising the prices. A lot. And they CAN raise the prices a lot because it would a) take the former producers a LONG time to get back on-line and it would take a massive capital investment that most rational business plans won't support because the Chinese producers can go right back to selling at the lower prices.

Ultimately, and more effectively than the Arabs and OPEC, the Chinese control the supply for the reasonably foreseeable future, the users are just going to end up sucking it up or finding alternatives.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

in other words...stock up and get it now for cheap or wait and suffer the $$$$$
Old 07-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
The Edge will be the same price as the GTB2 by the looks of it so, unless you need a smaller controller, why not buy a GTB2??
Both our GTB2 and Edge are geared for spec (non-timing adjustable) racing and events. With these escs, race directors do not have to monitor for "blinky"-mode shenanigans. The major advantage of the GTB2 is that you can use hotter 540 motors (3.5T and above) and 550 motors (4.5T and above). The GTB2 is a more powerful controller, but the upcoming Edge is for racers who have fitment issues with larger escs.

Once we begin shipping the Edge, we will increase the price of our GTB2 somewhat. We think that it is important for Novak to maintain an affordable, under 100.00 price point for our customers, which is our Edge. We have added a footprint drawing to our Edge product info.

If installation space is not an issue, the larger GTB2 is a more feature-laden choice.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Default Thank you Sir Goony's and Knoxville VTA (ROCCK)

2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY

THUNDER RC has worked hard on promoting one of the biggest events you will see this year the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals in Music City USA is scheduled for
Sept 23-25th, 2011. There is no better way to celebrate the end of a great summer of racing than a overnight road trip with your rc buddies. One of my favorite RC buds, Bryan Menard, is looking into hotels and other trip details. You can PM him (CORRRCR) for info on that. You can get more on RC Tech by clicking here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-city-usa.html

thank you for the advertising and support...hope all of you make it to the event..

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 07-11-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Default HOST HOTEL and Sign-ups

Thank you to Sleep Inn on Dickerson Road for being the host hotel. They have recently remodel the hotel(still going on). And has given us a price of $49.99 for double beds.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-nashville-tennessee-TN464

Sleep Inn (TN464)
3200 Dickerson Pk., Nashville, TN, US, 37207
Phone: (615) 227-8686
Fax: (615) 227-8894

You can now sign up on RCSIGNUP.COM

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2148
Old 07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Thank you to Sleep Inn on Dickerson Road for being the host hotel. They have recently remodel the hotel(still going on). And has given us a price of $49.99 for double beds.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-nashville-tennessee-TN464

Sleep Inn (TN464)
3200 Dickerson Pk., Nashville, TN, US, 37207
Phone: (615) 227-8686
Fax: (615) 227-8894

You can now sign up on RCSIGNUP.COM

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2148
can you pay the day of the race??
Old 07-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starrx
can you pay the day of the race??
yes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.