Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

How about a GTB2/25.5 Ballistic USVTA combo? That's the one I was waiting for.
Originally Posted by NovakTwo
This week we are releasing 6 new combos with the GTB2:

. GTB2 / SS pro 25.5T--USVTA (includes Traxxas battery (??), bullet motor plugs, low-profile heat sink, no fan, and smaller trans-cap module) $159.99

. GTB 2 / SS Pro 8.5T Traxxas (includes Traxxas battery, bullet motor plugs, low-profile heat sink, no fan, and smaller trans-cap module) $159.99

· GTB 2 / SS Pro 17.5T Traxxas (same)

· GTB 2 / Ballistic 13.5T (no plugs, low-profile heat sink, no fan (?), and smaller trans-cap module) $169.99

· GTB 2 / Ballistic 17.5T (same)

. GTB 2 / Ballistic 550 4.5T combo for the Traxxas Slash 4x4 (includes Traxxas mounting plate and 32P gear. Standard HS/fan.

The GTB2 w/LP/HS should look like this. When used with a spec motor (8.5T and above) this GTB2 configuration is perfect. I would like to offer this GTB2 "Spec" version in our store.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Jay Boyd
How about a GTB2/25.5 Ballistic USVTA combo? That's the one I was waiting for.
We can certainly add such a combo; our experience has been that USVTA racers are bargain hunters....

A GTB2/Ballistic 25.5 combo would be 169.99---a 20.00 saving over purchasing the items separately.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

2wks ago, put a 008 with lipo kit up to 1550 for a vta enduro fairly easily. that was with a RS on the other side as well. heck i think couple yrs ago in local club they had rewards weight for top 3 each wk and the guy who kept winning was close to 2000g when the rule was abandoned b/c by then it was tough to find space on car. scary part was for most of those increases, the car got faster.

R
Old 02-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This week we are releasing 6 new combos with the GTB2:

. GTB2 / SS pro 25.5T--USVTA (includes Traxxas battery (??), bullet motor plugs, low-profile heat sink, no fan, and smaller trans-cap module) $159.99
this one is money! that's sweet with the cap and all...
Old 02-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

We can certainly add such a combo; our experience has been that USVTA racers are bargain hunters....

A GTB2/Ballistic 25.5 combo would be 169.99---a 20.00 saving over purchasing the items separately.
Originally Posted by nashrcracer

For an extra $10 you can get a Ballistic/GTB2 combo, That to me is a no brainer...
Old 02-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
and FREE PARAGON !!!!!!! just for you....if you order in the next 1 second?...oh well you missed it, but its still a sweet deal..
Old 02-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by trerc
For an extra $10 you can get a Ballistic/GTB2 combo, That to me is a no brainer...
Your wish is my command; I will direct that we add the new GTB2/Ballistic 25.5 combo to our store....

While, I have your attention, should we continue to install Tamiya battery connectors or install Traxxas to our USVTA escs? We are releasing additional TRA-compatible combos for our SCT customers (Plug 'n Play). Do most USVTA guys run TRA-harnessed batteries---enough to switch over to the connector---which is more expensive than the Tamiya. Most racers remove the Tamiya and add some other plug---we install the Tamiya for our internal testing procedures (we run all electronics as part of our factory testing.)

Another thing I have suggested is installing the low profile HS on our (USVTA-versions) Havoc 2S escs and combos. Then, both our GTB2s and Havoc 2Ss would be more compact to install.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How about keeping costs as low as possible. I've never touched a Traxxas connector. Everything is bullet style that I soldered on. Just curious though....if a customer wanted a Traxxas or a Tamiya connector or even a Deans...could you offer it as a option and charge for it's installation ?? Pro Match offered that (and still might ) and I always thought it was very useful.

Regarding HS....the smaller the better. (not gonna hear that often.)

And speaking of....Did you mention the Mongoose is also an effective option? If so....maybe it should be added to the list of combos. I'm considering it now that I have a chassis where space is at a premium.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Company Representative

We can not offer special harnessing; that's why I would like to offer product versions in our store that appeal to the most racers. I have already set up a meeting about converting all of our VTA escs and combos to the low profile HS---which requires no fan.

The gold-plated plug-in motor and battery connectors are probably the best choice and we sell both in our store, but they do require soldering....

PM me regarding Mongoose.

Originally Posted by Evoracer
How about keeping costs as low as possible. I've never touched a Traxxas connector. Everything is bullet style that I soldered on. Just curious though....if a customer wanted a Traxxas or a Tamiya connector or even a Deans...could you offer it as a option and charge for it's installation ?? Pro Match offered that (and still might ) and I always thought it was very useful.

Regarding HS....the smaller the better. (not gonna hear that often.)

And speaking of....Did you mention the Mongoose is also an effective option? If so....maybe it should be added to the list of combos. I'm considering it now that I have a chassis where space is at a premium.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't know anyone that runs Traxxas connectors either.
I would guess that it's at least 95% Deans plugs.

You could make it simpler and just put no connector on it.
It would just save us a step before we solder on the Deans plug.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by kwkride
I don't know anyone that runs Traxxas connectors either.
I would guess that it's at least 95% Deans plugs.

It would just save us a step before we solder on the Deans plug.
The main reason we still install the Tamiya connectors on Sport/Spec controllers is our factory final load testing, before shipping.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

While, I have your attention, should we continue to install Tamiya battery connectors or install Traxxas to our USVTA escs?
The Tamiya Battery plug, unchanged since I used it as a kid. A temperamental connection that cuts out, usually when you need it the most. It is unable to hold up against any amperage without a total melt down and fusion of parts. Yet for some reason it is still standard on All Tamiya and loads of non Tamiya parts. It stands as a monument, reminding all that you can offer a crappy feature and make it endure for generations.

Yeah I know you have to put something on there. Just do what you have to to save the money. I will put Deans on it when it gets here. Or for five bucks more you can sell it with the Deans attached.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kwkride
I forgot to say that !! But it make the most sense. And if you ARE offering the Traxxas plug....I hope they're paying extra so the cost isn't passed on to those of us who don't need it. Hope that doesn't sound rude but if soldering isn't a skill you have then you should pay to have it done for you.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

What I really want to know is " Where the hell is Dale Epp from Protoform !!?" he said Feb. 15 and I want it now !!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Evoracer
What I really want to know is " Where the hell is Dale Epp from Protoform !!?" he said Feb. 15 and I want it now !!
My thoughts almost exactly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.