Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had great time today running my TC5r with 25.5 & Havok. Thanks again Novak and USVTA.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

hello all, i am kinda new to vta, only been running it for about 5 weeks. i am using a losi type r with the mike haynes setup. also using the metal lipo tray with the exotec top plate. my problem is this, on 180* turns my rear slides on on exit. i have tried a lighter spring and oil, different camber and even moved the inner camber link to the bottom hole with minimal results. the car is beeing run on carpet, and is 50/50 weight front to rear. any help would be appriciated. thankyou
Old 12-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
thats funny, Im leaving Berwyn ,IL now.....was going to stop up at the shop, but had to be back in Louisville,KY by 11pm...we have Thunder Jam in January, which is like a Snowbirds warm-up race....when you think you will be down?
My son and I have been running the Midwest Series and the Hurricane Series, with the next round back at The Gate January 7-9 and Oshkosh on the 22nd. My wife is gonna kill me
Old 12-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

thats why I take mine with me...lol...me and Dirla are coming up that way soon...not sure which race, I think its the Grand Prix in Cincy...we went last/this year...and I had alot of fun....but where there is going to be some VTA, is where Im trying to be.....I wish the Snowbirds was in the mix, but 2 years in a row without VTA...what a tragic
Old 12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

he is how funny things are at times...I just got a call from a local racer wanting to know where the "BIG" USVTA races are...as he like me dont mind the travel for a good ole trophy....but I didnt have any answer for him...so can we get the regional and national races post on the web site....or have a place so ppl can post them other than the races thread here on rctech?

we have this...but it seems to be out of date...as well as the pics and video.....

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/events/index.html

can we get some updated pics,video, and events...thanks
Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Company Representative

I have mentioned this before; those of you who want to post upcoming race reminders can post them on our Facebook page. Be sure and include City/State and contact info.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Have any of you tried our Mongoose esc with 25.5 (540) motors? It should work fine on this motor. I checked with engineering; I know that some guys are using it in other applications with high-wind motors (17.5s).

Mongoose Micro Brushless/Brush ESC
Anyone know if this may be approved for VTA in the future? I can get a bitchin deal on one locally. Wondering if I should pick it up just in case.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

the USVTA will probably test it before its official...but if a deal is in your hand, go for it...and let us know what you find out how it holds up to the other USVTA esc's...
Old 12-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

locally we have had some discussion as to the allowance of Brushed as we are just starting up and lots of racers kept all of their old TC and Brushed stuff from the past 20 or so years . Some of them are Creepers (Crawler ppl) and have some 35 Turn Motors available.

So with some discussion we are going to be doing some testing with a old Novak ESC and a crawler motor. Just to see if One. It can be done and ran for 8 min. 2 have enough speed but not too much torque. Etc.

I will be posting the finding here and how it stacks up to a 25.5 setup.

We are also not using Any traction compound other than simple green. So getting traction is the biggest problem But I have a system that works that does not degrade the tire much but makes it quite tacky and able to heat up to about 85-90 degrees during a race (pre race temp at 72)
Old 12-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

is it to early to be thinking about the USVTA Nationals 2011?....I looking for something to motivate me , something to look forward to...since NO-birds isnt allowing VTA...i guess being up north put me in the mood?...who knows
Old 12-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

he is how funny things are at times...I just got a call from a local racer wanting to know where the "BIG" USVTA races are...as he like me dont mind the travel for a good ole trophy....but I didnt have any answer for him...so can we get the regional and national races post on the web site....or have a place so ppl can post them other than the races thread here on rctech?

we have this...but it seems to be out of date...as well as the pics and video.....

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/events/index.html

can we get some updated pics,video, and events...thanks
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska...ruary-6th.html
Old 12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

is it to early to be thinking about the USVTA Nationals 2011?....I looking for something to motivate me , something to look forward to...since NO-birds isnt allowing VTA...i guess being up north put me in the mood?...who knows
If you feel like traveling for a trophy, consider the sLowbird Neighborhoodtionals at Horsham R/C in PA on the same weekend as Slowbirds. VTA is likely to be the biggest class. Last years race is on YouTube, and it was a good one!
Old 12-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I can shed a little light on the lack of VTA at The Birds...

No one in Florida runs VTA.

And by no one, i mean, NO ONE!

Not even me even though i have one sitting on the shelf and love the class.

Basically, it's perceived as too slow. Everyone wants to go fast, Fast, FAST. Even if they can't control their car. RCGT is about as slow as anyone is willing to go and even then i see people who can't control their car for one reason or another. I'll be the first to admit that 17.5, no boost, is a challenge for me. If i could practice every weekend i could probably be a B-Main contender in 17.5 TC. But i don't live that close to a track and don't have the time to travel to one.

For some reason, everyone thinks they are the next Worlds A-Main winner and that going slow is beneath them. Matter of fact, when VTA was 21.5 the locals 'changed' it to 17.5 and never really gave it a chance.

I actually ran the 25.5 motor at my club before it was legal and i have to admit it was the most intense experience i've ever had. One bobble and you're quarter of a lap back with no horsepower to save your sorry driving skills. Now THAT is what i call racing!
Old 12-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

i wouldnt mind seeing a local "outlaw" VTA race ......mod w/VTA tires and those mean looking boddies flying out of control
Old 12-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by byohnd
hello all, i am kinda new to vta, only been running it for about 5 weeks. i am using a losi type r with the mike haynes setup. also using the metal lipo tray with the exotec top plate. my problem is this, on 180* turns my rear slides on on exit. i have tried a lighter spring and oil, different camber and even moved the inner camber link to the bottom hole with minimal results. the car is beeing run on carpet, and is 50/50 weight front to rear. any help would be appriciated. thankyou
MINIMIZE the down travel up front, do this by extending (screwing in) the set screws.

Hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.