Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

We had our first race and since none of us had the 25.5's in from novak yet we had a Run what you Brung night. No points just a fun race. and it went really well. we just all matched out straight line speeds and then raced. It was a lot of fun and even with a disparity in motors. It has interested lots more and It is getting bigger than the pan cars ever were
Old 11-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
I really don't understand this one. I'm all for taking timing out of the equation, but isn't this a little paranoid? They have sportsman modes to disable the offending features. And it's easily teched visually. Why not allow a racer to use a speed controller that they can grow into another class without purchasing a second controller. Besides, the industry has already shown they police their own when LRP busted Tekin for version 208. I just don't get it...

Bill D.
agree 100%
Old 11-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I really don't understand this one. I'm all for taking timing out of the equation, but isn't this a little paranoid? They have sportsman modes to disable the offending features. And it's easily teched visually. Why not allow a racer to use a speed controller that they can grow into another class without purchasing a second controller. Besides, the industry has already shown they police their own when LRP busted Tekin for version 208. I just don't get it...

Bill D.
Police their own would mean someone in that company would have fixed it before it was released, what LRP did was call them out on it .....more like busting out their competition ...
Old 11-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just amazing. I can't even imagine the poop-storm that may occur if someone brought up running a D3 25.5. Oh well.

Bill D.
There won't be a poop storm, just a firm "no".
Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Bill D.
Bill - I'm with ya here +1

What would be the problem with VTA running 1S 21.5?

One of the big problems right now for racers is that ROAR governs each of these issues in its' own vacuum, there is no "integration" of costs, parts, common sense.

Wouldn't something like this be much cheaper as a racer and make it easier to step - up into other classes:
1) VTA - 1S / 21.5 - "Cheap" controller or "Programmable" in "Spec" mode
2)1/12th Production Class - Same gear as VTA.
3)1/12th Open Stock - 1S / 17.5 - "Programmable" ESC
4)1/12th Open Super Stock -1S/13.5-"Programmable" ESC
5)WGT - Same as 1/12th Open Super Stock
6)Mod 1/12th - 1S any motor/ESC
7)Stock Sedan - Same as #3 with 2S
8)Mod Sedan - Same as #6 with 2S

If you wanted to establish a testing method for the programmable ESC, racers could use it as they progress. Same with motors, batteries, etc. Right now we're all over the board, very frustrating time as a racer - that's why numbers are dropping!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
As far as growing... sadly, locally our numbers have dwindled. We went from averaging 16 vta racers a week to only getting anywhere from 4-8 a week.
That's hardly fair. We now have two tracks in the city instead of one, and they race different days of the week. A lot of us can't go to two different tracks. Besides, there was no on-road racing in Indy until we tried VTA 2-1/2 years ago. If it wasn't for Vintage, there'd be no racing in town. We've attracted more racers and created more classes. Now you can go to either track and run VTA, RCGT, Bomber, F1, 1/12, WGT or Mini. Couldn't claim that before VTA came along.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Lost Agressiva, VRacing, Hotrodchevy 14, and anyone else that doesn't like the rules for 1 reason or another,

Here's an idea for you, Spend some of your own money and time, and go to a track and spend hours of testing to come up with a formula that works for you. Find a track to host the class that suits you, then build a website to support your class and see if you can build it up.

In the mean time run VTA as stated by the rules or run a different class. I am getting sick and tire of people coming on this thread and disagreeing with the rules for one reason or another.

Rob and others have put alot of time and effort into testin and researching this class to make it the fairest classes out there.

Either run it as the rules states or don't but stop coming in this thread to start the same negative conversation that has been started countless times before.

Guess what the class continues to grow with the rules in place with more and more people seeing the light and realizing that the spec controllers are the best options over the adjustable ones.

OK I'm done now, Just my 2 cents
Old 11-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is the kinda stuff that keeps me from running vta and staying with t/c racing and all the vairables.

People are free to express their opinions aren't they? I mean this a country that was founded on free speech, right?

You don't like what they are saying , so instead of putting up a viable argument you tell them to shut up and go some place else.....real friendly!

Just MY 2CENTS!

That's probably why VTA is dead around here.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

More things change, more they stay the same.

People who never post on the forum, start posting their ideas that have been shot down 25 times already, and then get mad when they get shot down.

Why complain when you can race:
12th scale
WGT
RCGT
VTA
F1
17.5 Sportsman
17.5 Open ESC
Mod (or whatever they call it these days)

That's like showing up to Baskin Robbins and complaining because they don't have that 32nd flavor from which to choose.

Get some credibility in the forum dedicated to a specific rules package before you start complaining about Freedom of Speech. Maybe we'll take you seriously for once.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
As far as growing... sadly, locally our numbers have dwindled. We went from averaging 16 vta racers a week to only getting anywhere from 4-8 a week.
I think some of that is from guys switching to the bomber class. My opinion is when they get tired of that they will come back to vta or move on. just my .02
Old 11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Be glad you guys have some where to race VTA.
I put together a VTA car just to put together a VTA car.

Did figure out how to use 56T+ pinions with a 108 spur on my Xray 009 without anything but a couple washers.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-ta_cam-2.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-ta_cam-1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by f1larry
Lost Agressiva, VRacing, Hotrodchevy 14, and anyone else that doesn't like the rules for 1 reason or another,

Here's an idea for you, Spend some of your own money and time, and go to a track and spend hours of testing to come up with a formula that works for you. Find a track to host the class that suits you, then build a website to support your class and see if you can build it up.

In the mean time run VTA as stated by the rules or run a different class. I am getting sick and tire of people coming on this thread and disagreeing with the rules for one reason or another.

Rob and others have put alot of time and effort into testin and researching this class to make it the fairest classes out there.

Either run it as the rules states or don't but stop coming in this thread to start the same negative conversation that has been started countless times before.

Guess what the class continues to grow with the rules in place with more and more people seeing the light and realizing that the spec controllers are the best options over the adjustable ones.

Ok, didn't mean to have f1Larry blow a gasket there, sorry.

Amend the above list to show:
1)VTA - 2S / 25.5, then add the "spec" mode controller
2)1/12th Production Class - Same as VTA with 1S
The rest stays the same.

My Post was more toward the idea of integrating the carpet racing classes as a whole. The discussion prior to my post was talking about overall racer turnout, right. What's wrong with having a discussion? Thought that was what a forum was? I totally agree that the VTA class is the best class in carpet racing!

If certain tracks are bringing more people into other classes through their VTA class, wouldn't it make sense to have a more logical design to the structure of the other classes?

For further reference - I've raced a lot of VTA. Just because you don't know somebody or they don't have 2000 posts doesn't really mean much. There's a guys asking about how to sand diff rings on another thread and he has over 5000 post

That's my piece - Dollars to donuts f1Larry is the next ROAR President

Last edited by VRacing; 11-15-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by f1larry

+1 F1larry

We raced yesterday with the USVTA rules and all three heats had a different winner each time. Racing was real close. But the best part is when the guys went back to the pits there were no talk of speedos. They were actually tuning their cars. What??!? They were talking about camber link position, shock oil and etc. Back then the I would just see guys just breaking out their laptops. What's more funny is there is always that one guy with the worst handling car pull out his laptop dialing up his boost. Every time I see that it reminds me of the Real man of genius Budwieser commercial and sing to myself.

MR TEKIN ADJUSTABLE BOOST TUNER
So what if your car handles like sh*t turn up that boost.
I'm going to make that A-main

Seriously guys the rules that are out now is solid and it will be solid for years to come. What's going to happen let's say speedpassion comes out with a stock spec esc setting that are slightly faster than the tekin stock spec esc setting? You guess it, back to speedo wars again. Guys are going to be going back to the pits and whisper to each other and pointing to the guy that won. What speedo is he using? Come on guys real men tune cars and not speedo.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are we talking about open speedos or are we talking about a spec mode? I just think LED lights showing it's in spec mode should be good enough. Personally I like to keep my class options open with one speedo. VTA is considered a starting class, so when someone wants to move on to a faster class they now need to buy a new speedo. Don't make sense to me is all.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

+1 Nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.