Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 01-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

I just wish you could keep the rules to allow a brushed and nimh setup also. I realize that your local track may have different rule to allow it and if you are going to travel to a big race you should be able to pony up for the brushless/lipo set up.I know several people who would thow a brushed speedo or a motor or both in a newbies direction to help them out to get started in VTA. I do not know anyone that is willing to throw a brushless speedo or motor or both in their direction to help them out.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Awesome.

You have no idea what this class is about.
Rob,

Relax and concentrate on the Novak race, I know you have alot of time on your hands between rounds. It sometimes is not worth commenting on people talking out of their A@$. It is a shame that so many people open their mouth and have no idea what is going on.

Great job so far as TQ for T/A.

Good luck the rest of the way and wish the rest of The Track guys my best as well.

Can't wait to start running the new rules in VTA.

Larry
Old 01-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
Losi could make one based on their drift car and Exceleron motors.
Hpi could make one based on the Flux.
Traxxas. Ofna. AE. Whoever.

Opening the rules to allow corporate backing would:
-Grow the class
-Solidify the rules from track to track
-Regulate costs

Ah, nevermind. I'll stop talking about this because it will never happen. We need to keep VTA locked away as our little secret.
Most manufacturers that make ready to run cars are not going to equip them with a slower motor. RTR usually come with a slight modified motor so they can sell speed to the customer that wants the RTR car. Most RTR cars are not sold to people getting into racing. They are sold to consumers that are just going to bash around a parking lot, then often times after breaking the car over and over and learning how to fix the car they get into racing and get what they need to go racing at that time. Don't forget that most of the RTR's are sold at hobby shops that are nowhere near a track.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 7 celler
It will be until someone else whines about not being able to keep up with the leaders and wants to eliminate new technology and create new rules to "even" the playing field.
Originally Posted by f1larry
Rob...relax and concentrate on the Novak race...Great job so far as TQ for T/A.
AHHHAAAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAAAAA

Sounds like THE man behind the rules change DEFINITELY needs to work on keeping up with "the leaders".

Keep up the great work Rob, on and off the track!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gacjr0
But for VTA the idea was to be able to take out old, slow, cheap stuff and race it for fun.

The class has gotten away from that some, but sticking to never programmable/no timing esc's is a good step.
Old and Cheap stuff??? Lately I'll see a lot of VTA racers using $500 kits...
So you can't go by that statement to not allow new technology.

Once the slowers guys realize that the kit is making a lot of difference, then I'll guess the rules will change again to not allow newer kits... who knows
Old 01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I am new to VTA racing and just put together a TC5 and would like to know if anyone has a good starting setup. I run on a med to small tight track. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
I am new to VTA racing and just put together a TC5 and would like to know if anyone has a good starting setup. I run on a med to small tight track. Thanks.

Just buy a Corally! Mine is a antique and is dosen't matter what the setup is it just wins! Just joking! I sent you a link for the tc5 setup. See you tomorrow!

Last edited by hogmansp; 01-09-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JoeC
Go to Associated's site and pull up one of Josh Hoenstien's recent setups. That will get you as close to the neighborhood as an "off the shelf" setup can...from there it's a matter of adapting to your track and driving style. I've made very minor changes and have been delighted with mine.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by robk
Awesome.

You have no idea what this class is about.
Apparently some people dont know what a democracy is about. Why force feed something most of the racers dont want.
First the new rules are designed to help the new racers. But oh wait! No old stuff (esc, batteries and motors) that newbies can afford. And you think I HAVE IT WRONG!!
SCT is looking like a MUCH better choice the more I listen to these "out of touch" backers talk. It is looking as though that class will be around long after this class dies.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Old and Cheap stuff??? Lately I'll see a lot of VTA racers using $500 kits...
So you can't go by that statement to not allow new technology.

Once the slowers guys realize that the kit is making a lot of difference, then I'll guess the rules will change again to not allow newer kits... who knows
Then you are seeing racers that don't get it:
"the class is based on slower, equal playing field competition with less traction, minimal aerodynamic aids and mostly older carpet racing technology. The final objective is close, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing for all. All decisions of the race promoter or track owner are final."

straight from the usvta site
Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

A guy at the track updated his car for the new driver rule and was wondering if this was legal?

Old 01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Apparently some people dont know what a democracy is about. Why force feed something most of the racers dont want.
First the new rules are designed to help the new racers. But oh wait! No old stuff (esc, batteries and motors) that newbies can afford. And you think I HAVE IT WRONG!!
SCT is looking like a MUCH better choice the more I listen to these "out of touch" backers talk. It is looking as though that class will be around long after this class dies.
No shirt, no shoes, NO SERVICE.

That other class deserves you.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Take a look at "real" racing. The hands down two most successful racing series' on the planet, Formula One and (shudder) NASCAR, are BOTH dictatorships in the truest sense of the word. NEITHER offer the racers (or car owners) any "vote" in what will and will not happen...ever. They'll listen to input (for a while), but they make decision without any votes whatsoever. Why? Because the leadership in both are VERY aware that racers pretty much NEVER know what's in their best long-term interests. CART was owner-driven, and look what happened to them. Ad infinitum.

Take, for example, NASCAR introducing the COT over STRENUOUS objections from the teams. Quack quack quack...look ugly...quack quack quack...don't handle well...quack quack quack...all our old notes out the window...quack quack quack. But you know what? A few years into the COT era they STILL have more teams showing up to race than they have pit spaces to accomodate them. Same with Formula One...every rules package change elicits the same noise about it being the end of the world as we know it, yet every year teams line up to pay HUGE money to participate in the largest motorsports audience in the world.

SCT is looking like a MUCH better choice
See...isn't it excellent to have options?

Have fun!!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
If someone who's doing tech can't tell the difference between a distinct set of light flashes and tones, they shouldn't be doing tech.
If the Tekin was allowed as is, I give it a month before being hacked
Old 01-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

And its been well established that there's a ZERO percent chance of that happening

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.