Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi,

I am looking to get back into RC and VTA looks like a good place. I currently have my old T2 but need some setup advice from the experts. I also will be using 27T 4 Cell combo (few years old too). Dont have that much to spend to go brushless and i dont think i am an Amain driver

i did just purchase the tires and the cuda body which still needs to be painted. I will be running on a track that uses ozite carpet around 90 x 50.

thanks !
Old 10-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kp-61
Hi, I am looking to get back into RC and VTA looks like a good place. I currently have my old T2 but need some setup advice from the experts. I also will be using 27T 4 Cell combo (few years old too). Dont have that much to spend to go brushless and i dont think i am an Amain driver i did just purchase the tires and the cuda body which still needs to be painted. I will be running on a track that uses ozite carpet around 90 x 50.
thanks !
I can't offer advice specific to the T2, but here's a few general pointers.
  • build up a bit of shoe goo behind the light buckets to prevent deformation
  • use the punchiest ESC profile for 27T/4cell
  • maintain corner speed, it's all you've got going for you!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Is he? Dont get me wrong Melvin is awesome at the wheel, and I got nothin to challenge him with, but Melvin hangs with some tough company. Busse and Fernando, even the guys in the shop with him can give him a run for his money. Like Arun, have you seen him drive?
yep Ive raced them before...but Melvin is the one racing TA..and he does it at alot of different tracks...

he represents the class everywhere he races...thats what makes him the "KING" of GA TA
Old 10-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The HPI 'Cuda is prone to damage in a few places in the front end. The primary thing is to reinforce where the hood meets the fender so it doesn't droop after you hit your first unmovable object. I should post a pic of the body I ran this summer in the parking lot (16 weeks). I pretty much destroyed the front end, but the fenders held up fairly well.

I believe that HPI is working on using thicker lexan on the 'Cuda bodies, which is nice to hear.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thanks for the advice.. i can still exchange the CUDA but the do have 1 Camaro left.. maybe i will get that.

thanks !
Old 10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andyh
Originally Posted by Brandon Black
andyh how do i get one of ur cuda bodies to try it out?
We only pulled 4 for testing hopefully it will be production very soon....
Any news on this yet andyh?
The front of my Cuda shell is pretty much shredded now.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
yep Ive raced them before...but Melvin is the one racing TA..and he does it at alot of different tracks...

he represents the class everywhere he races...thats what makes him the "KING" of GA TA
I appreciate him for that.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

I just noticed on the website (VTA) it says u must use a driver figures head. I thought this was going to be an option. Also about the esc's with timing advance. How would we know if the boost is turned off on the tekin and plus what about the lrp and speed passion. What happens if tech shorts your speedo out or messes it up?

I don't want to see it kill the class. At our track it is bigger than touring foam and rubber. About 10 entries or more a week. You can check us out on www.OVRCCC.com
Old 10-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark_stnly
I just noticed on the website (VTA) it says u must use a driver figures head. I thought this was going to be an option. Not an option Also about the esc's with timing advance. How would we know if the boost is turned off on the tekin and plus what about the lrp and speed passion. What happens if tech shorts your speedo out or messes it up? This is a suggestion at this point not a rule. The Tekin is obviously faster, and we did some research to see if there is a way to bring back some equality

I don't want to see it kill the class. At our track it is bigger than touring foam and rubber. About 10 entries or more a week. You can check us out on www.OVRCCC.com
I am hoping to kill the class at your track. My goal this year is to run everything into the ground.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I am hoping to kill the class at your track. My goal this year is to run everything into the ground.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

What are we without our goals!!

Seriously, anybody who thinks Rob has ANYTHING but the best intent needs to have their head examined. He took on a thankless job and I'm confident he'll only take action he honestly believes to be for the betterment of the class. Doesn't mean we have to always agree with the decision that is made, just that we appreciate the thought and genuine intent behind the decision.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

anyone here running the corally assassin? If so i am looking for the old design spool. Part Number COR79155. If you have one even if you are using it PLEASE let me know! Thanks, Trever
Old 10-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Who is this RobK he is not a very nice guy.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

May I make a suggestion, then.

During the mains, you leave broken cars on the track. Parts and all. Leave 'em where they lie.

It'll look like a Mad Max movie.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs down

WELL!!
Great way to reply to someone else who has pushed the class locally and raced it at other tracks, your reply is uncalled for regardless!!
a truthful question looking for answers as the class grows at the club level
I personally as a Hobby Shop owner have encouraged racers LONG before VTA was established with a 'Nostalgia' class that has blossmed into the current VTA class, and you treat a fellow VTA'er with disregard??
I am 'appalled' of your attidude towards Marks questions!
I know you & your buddies will attempt to play your disrepectiful answer as "JOKING" but it sure doesn't look that way to me.

I suggest in the future your replies respect the racer and answer truthfully without 'joking'.

And for those of you that want to speak to me personally, I can be found at Speedy Bills R/C, call me if you feel you need to express yourself more 'freely'

Speedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.