U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
John....set the timing to #3 on the setting box....thats what me and rob found is comparable to LRP SPX #1 and Tekin at 10deg with no boost.....with 5.5 FDR
Done!

Originally Posted by robk
In the most recent testing, we just cranked motor timing as we assumed everyone would do this anyway. Also, it is available to everyone.

Reduced motor timing seems to work better when boost and/or a lot of speedo timing comes into play. At 10* on the speedo, max was just fine.
and Done!

Now I can end 'take your RC car collection to work day' and drive home!

Thanks again to both of you.

Last edited by liljohn1064; 09-18-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redmike76
Sorry for the questions, but I'm still very new to all this. Specifically, I'm running a Sphere TC set at setting #4, and physical timing is at factory 0. Should I adjust the physical motor timing one way or the other, and for that matter is setting 4 around where I should be? It's a pretty short and technical track.

Thanks again.
Based on what we found testing, I would go with the lower timing for a shorter track. Easiest thing to do is watch lap times. Our cars were physically slower down the straight at lower timing and numerically higher ratios, but the lap times were the same or even a tic faster at times.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

I also have been thinking about this for a while, and I'm going to add it to the rules-"All cars must have a driver figure consisting of at least the head and shoulders".

I want to keep promoting the scale looks of the cars, and I want to keep the excitement factor up there, as it has been in the past. Guys like Rick Vessel, who added sound and a Firebird nose to his car, or Chip from Al's hobbies who built a convertible for last years nats are examples of realism and race readiness.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I also have been thinking about this for a while, and I'm going to add it to the rules-"All cars must have a driver figure consisting of at least the head and shoulders". I want to keep promoting the scale looks of the cars, and I want to keep the excitement factor up there, as it has been in the past. Guys like Rick Vessel, who added sound and a Firebird nose to his car, or Chip from Al's hobbies who built a convertible for last years nats are examples of realism and race readiness.
Cool! Who makes them?
Old 09-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Cool! Who makes them?
Tamiya has a simple driver head and shoulders that goes for about $8.

I'm going to put some info on the rules page for part #'s so it will be easier to track down. A guy at our track has a plane pilot in his car, but it actually looks pretty cool with the open face mask. Plane dudes are pretty easy to find, too.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Tamiya has a simple driver head and shoulders that goes for about $8.

I'm going to put some info on the rules page for part #'s so it will be easier to track down. A guy at our track has a plane pilot in his car, but it actually looks pretty cool with the open face mask. Plane dudes are pretty easy to find, too.
Cool! I just started racing recently, and the realistic appearence of the VTA class is what got me motivated. I'm all for drivers

Is this going to be a suggestion or a rule, and if a rule, will it be something that should be implemented by drivers as soon as possible?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeeperscreeper
#1 * 27t brushed/4-cell:
#2 * 17.5 brushless/4-cell:
#3 * 21.5 brushless/2 cell LiPo:

So which one of these is the prefered setup
Thank you all for your input, i went with the 21.5 on 2cell 5000 and it's great, i gave my buddy the 17.5 LOL
Old 09-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With that idea in mind. Everybody post a link if you find a product that would work. I was thinking of the rally tray that looks like the interior of the car with the Driver Head, upper torso and arms and steering wheel.

I dont know but I think Tamiya and Yokomo make them. Maybe HPI too. Andy do you know anything about that? Charlie has a tray that he recycles when he does a new shell he moves it over. Ahah,,, found it. Lookie here. If we can do this we will be ahead of Robk's idea.

I wwonder if I can get a Wild willy on Ebay. Or maybe a bobblehead racecar driver. better yet a bobble head snoopy.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cool...I got these for around $6...they are the ones for the Tamiya Grasshopper....
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-music-city-championship-004.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-usvta-nationals-2009-016.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-usvta-nationals-2009-068.jpg  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
cool...I got these for around $6...they are the ones for the Tamiya Grasshopper....
how did you mount it on the body??
Old 09-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by k_bojar
how did you mount it on the body??
I think i have the same one as Darkside.., I just made a lexan shelf off of my topdeck. You could also take a piece of lexan and make tabs to mount it to the body as well.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

I also have been thinking about this for a while, and I'm going to add it to the rules-"All cars must have a driver figure consisting of at least the head and shoulders".

I want to keep promoting the scale looks of the cars, and I want to keep the excitement factor up there, as it has been in the past. Guys like Rick Vessel, who added sound and a Firebird nose to his car, or Chip from Al's hobbies who built a convertible for last years nats are examples of realism and race readiness.
Kudos (or should I say Cudas....lol)

Definatly gets my vote....
Old 09-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

How long do you think it will be before someone shows up with a topless Barbie doll?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Tamiya Grasshopper: #0225001 RC Z Parts: 58124 - X8428

Team Bluegroove on Ebay-Lexan RC10 driver repro
http://cgi.ebay.com/ASSOCIATED-RC10-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Big Bear Repro driver
http://cgi.ebay.com/ASSOCIATED-RC10-...d=p3286.c0.m14

HPI #7098 Interior Set
this may or may not be in production, but it is mentioned as an accessory for the Honda S2000 body on the HPI web site .... Andyh?????

Lots more stuff on ebay, depending on how crazy you want to get
Old 09-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by outlandr91
How long do you think it will be before someone shows up with a topless Barbie doll?
We are counting on you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.