Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Friday nights at MSI. I can't run on Wednesdays due to family commitments. I would love to run that night as it seems alot of the 12th scale guys are there on Wed. nights and not Fridays.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Who are you Mav? I can't think of anyone I know of at MSI still running 4cell/27T on fridays. Were you there this past friday?

I agree with you 100% - I was winding up a lap down to Jeff with his 21.5 at the beginning of the season when running 27T and almost lapped him twice this past week now that I'm running 21.5. 27T just can't compete at MSI IMHO...
Old 06-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Friday nights at MSI. I can't run on Wednesdays due to family commitments.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

John Bender, yellow number 13 Camaro. I haven't been in a couple of weeks but I am going to try and make it there this week. I just got a 21.5 and a GTB I am going to put in the ol girl and see if that helps her any. Handling wise the car is right there, I'm just getting beat by a better power system and I know it. Simply no beating around the bush. I have run at INDY slots and with the size track they have there the brushed motors would be able to hold their own but at MSI as big as it is the 4 cell/27 just doesn't stand a chance. Mark could even it up by imposing some sort of equalizer but why? the guys are having fun, I'm having fun and come indoor season I will be better equipped to run with the big dogs.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know what you mean about the family commitments. I race on Wednesdays. Thanks to all for the info and insight on the 21.5 lipo combo. I'm leaving now to get it. That way when I get the car dialed there won't be any major changes before the new point series starts at the track.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Just a quick clip of our USVTA/RCGT race on Sunday. We "squated" on this unused tennis court for this one.....long story.....LOL

Old 06-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Just a quick clip of our USVTA/RCGT race on Sunday. We "squated" on this unused tennis court for this one.....long story.....LOL

I think I know what you mean. We would all rather have a legitimate place to race, but sometimes its easier to get forgiveness than permission.

How many courts did it take? I think I could get official permission to do something like that.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mav913
John Bender, yellow number 13 Camaro. I haven't been in a couple of weeks but I am going to try and make it there this week. I just got a 21.5 and a GTB I am going to put in the ol girl and see if that helps her any. Handling wise the car is right there, I'm just getting beat by a better power system and I know it. Simply no beating around the bush. I have run at INDY slots and with the size track they have there the brushed motors would be able to hold their own but at MSI as big as it is the 4 cell/27 just doesn't stand a chance. Mark could even it up by imposing some sort of equalizer but why? the guys are having fun, I'm having fun and come indoor season I will be better equipped to run with the big dogs.
I don't think we've ever been up there on the same night as I am primarily Wednesdays with an occassional Friday - Joe O - White Camaro, orange stripes. Coincidentally, my next body will also be a #13 Camaro (using gold, but not yellow!)

I haven't raced VTA anywhere but MSI, so it's nice to hear some comparison between the class at MSI and another track. Maybe we'll bump into each other on a Friday some time
Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I think I know what you mean. We would all rather have a legitimate place to race, but sometimes its easier to get forgiveness than permission.

How many courts did it take? I think I could get official permission to do something like that.
We used just one court even though we had the extra room to use both courts if we wanted. We like smaller, tighter tracks....

Long story short, we wanted to use a larger section of parking lot at Nifty Fiftys, that was shared with an adjoining restaurant Carrabas. The Carraba people balked at the amount of parking spaces we were taking up, on Fathers Day (very busy day for them), so we packed up and went to these unused tennis courts a few miles away....

The traction was much better on the unpainted areas, so if your tennis court is painted, you better test first....
Old 06-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Three Rivers Festival Vintage Trans-Am Race Saturday July 11, 2009
Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne, IN

Cash awards for top 3 positions

Here is a link to the website of the track organizing the race (http://www.summitrcraceway.com/)
Here is a link on Hobbytalk about this event (http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=255364).
Here is a link on Hobbytalk to the track thread(http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...222939&page=58)

I wanted to get the word out about this event. It may be a bit late for some to plan to go to this event, but I just found out that the event organizers are having trophies and prizes. Here is some information from the Hobbytalk thread

Originally Posted by wallyworld
I received more details on the awards today for the event. Trophies will be awarded to the top 8 finishers in the A-main and the top 3 finishers in the A-main will also receive cash awards. First place $500.00, second place $250.00, and third place $100.00.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Three Rivers Festival Vintage Trans-Am Race Saturday July 11, 2009
Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne, IN

Cash awards for top 3 positions

Here is a link to the website of the track organizing the race (http://www.summitrcraceway.com/)
Here is a link on Hobbytalk about this event (http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=255364).
Here is a link on Hobbytalk to the track thread(http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...222939&page=58)

I wanted to get the word out about this event. It may be a bit late for some to plan to go to this event, but I just found out that the event organizers are having trophies and prizes. Here is some information from the Hobbytalk thread
I see how it is... Put up the money and everyone goes crazy. I told you weeks ago it was going to be awesome.
Who's in now??
Old 06-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There are a number of us from Indy that were already planning on racing the 3 Rivers Festival event in Ft. Wayne. I know of 3-5 off the top of my head that are going. I will talk to a few racers on Friday and Sunday and see if we can get the number up.

The money is an added bonus to be sure, but racing on-road outside has always been enough incentive for me.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
I see how it is... Put up the money and everyone goes crazy. I told you weeks ago it was going to be awesome.
Who's in now??

I was thinking about it but wanted to watch UFC 100 but now I may try to make this race.....
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The cheater/winner is buying the beer afterward.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

time to move the chains...for you guys thinking that 21.5/bl is faster...get you newbies into VTA..and sale them your 27t/4cells combos...and then take $150 and buy yourself a Havok ...best deal going..and it works very well in this class...

****PLEASE DONT BUY A HIGH DOLLAR ESC WITH ADVANCED TIMING***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.