Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love the VTA tires..mine are hooked..except in Ark...dont know what the deal was...
Old 05-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Until you do get them broken in, the HPI tires will drive like crap......

I've gotten away with only cleaning off the tires with motor spray and no traction compound at Winthrop, Illinois, due to the very high traction that day.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quick VTA racing recap from Indy Slots on Friday. Turnout was a bit light with only 12 cars. However, the racing was very good. Top 4 cars in the A main each lead for a portion of the 8 minute main. Pegasus Mustang/TC4 took the win followed by 2 HPI Camaro/TC5's.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i wish that new hpi corvette was aloud i love corvettes
Old 05-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am running a TC5R setup for my VTA class Asphalt...

any setup ideas... I looked at the tc10.com website and found nothing really specific about VTA setups..

Any help would be great.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

the stock rubber tire setup is a good start....it works great on carpet and descent on asphalt...might have to do some tweeking o your drivin skill...but you also might look in the vta tuning thread as well
Old 05-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-tuning-q.html
Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Three Rivers Festival Vintage Trans-Am Race Saturday July 11
Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne, IN

This official Three Rivers Festival event will be held outdoors on a street course on Calhoun street just west of Headwaters Park in downtown Fort Wayne, IN. Pit space with electricity will be available in the pavillion in Headwaters park. Three heats and a main will be run with all heats and mains being 8 minutes. Entry fee for pre-registrations will be $25 and $35 day of race. Each entry will recieve a free T-shirt and entry tickets for the door prize drawings. Trophies will be awarded. With the turnouts that Summit Raceway had at this past season's Vintage Trans-Am Midwest Super Series event, and the VTA class at the ROAR Region 5 Onroad, we are expecting a great crowd. Check out the flyer and registraion form HERE.
Links to the flyer and entry can also be found at the Summit R/C Raceway website at www.summitrcraceway.com, and at the Three Rivers Festival website at www.trfonline.org.
Also check out the many other events taking place during the Festival. The racing will take place withing walking distance of the Verizon Events Pavillion, Arts in the Park display, the Meijer Fest Unlimited with kiddie rides, helicopter rides, bungee jumping and climbing wall, the Crafter's Market and of course Food Alley with a huge selection of festival foods to enjoy.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Three Rivers Festival Vintage Trans-Am Race Saturday July 11
Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne, IN

This official Three Rivers Festival event will be held outdoors on a street course on Calhoun street just west of Headwaters Park in downtown Fort Wayne, IN. Pit space with electricity will be available in the pavillion in Headwaters park. Three heats and a main will be run with all heats and mains being 8 minutes. Entry fee for pre-registrations will be $25 and $35 day of race. Each entry will recieve a free T-shirt and entry tickets for the door prize drawings. Trophies will be awarded. With the turnouts that Summit Raceway had at this past season's Vintage Trans-Am Midwest Super Series event, and the VTA class at the ROAR Region 5 Onroad, we are expecting a great crowd. Check out the flyer and registraion form HERE.
Links to the flyer and entry can also be found at the Summit R/C Raceway website at www.summitrcraceway.com, and at the Three Rivers Festival website at www.trfonline.org.
Also check out the many other events taking place during the Festival. The racing will take place withing walking distance of the Verizon Events Pavillion, Arts in the Park display, the Meijer Fest Unlimited with kiddie rides, helicopter rides, bungee jumping and climbing wall, the Crafter's Market and of course Food Alley with a huge selection of festival foods to enjoy.
does anybody know how far this track is from gaithersburg Maryland
Old 05-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone x
does anybody know how far this track is from gaithersburg Maryland
Trip distance: 533.9 mi Time: 8 hrs 53 mins....give or take a little bit....
Old 05-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

is there any VTA events that happen in the Wisconsin area? I see places like Chicago,Indiana kind of midwest. im sure others have asked about there city. ive looked one old posts and never seen anything for our area thats a ROAR Sanctioned event. how dose it work when a city is decided were a event would happen? Madison would be a good area for our state since its prity much centeral wisconsin or am I just wishfull thinking?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

wiscnitro,
Well you are alittle to late. There were two races this past winter at RCP. There was a Big T/A race at The Track a couple of months ago. I am pretty sure there will be a couple series races this Fall/Winter. Trackside, The Track and hopefully RCP will have a Series Race of some sort.
Dave
Old 05-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Trip distance: 533.9 mi Time: 8 hrs 53 mins....give or take a little bit....
come on I made it back from Cleveland OH after the carpet nats which was 514 miles in 6:50 and had to stop for gas only once.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Who says the rules don't produce good results! (some sandbagging and intentional fun-having transpired, your results may vary)

We ran right at the 4.2 gear ratio limit on a decently sized 1/10 asphalt track, and that made for some great straightaway battles. The motors came off 120F in the heat of the day, and while I am not sure if any brushed motors raced, if they did, the competition was fairly even with the 21.5BL gear limit in use.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
is there any VTA events that happen in the Wisconsin area? I see places like Chicago,Indiana kind of midwest. im sure others have asked about there city. ive looked one old posts and never seen anything for our area thats a ROAR Sanctioned event. how dose it work when a city is decided were a event would happen? Madison would be a good area for our state since its prity much centeral wisconsin or am I just wishfull thinking?
Like Dave said in the fall/winter there will be a traveling race series and Trans AM is one of the biggest classes raced and there will be races in Wisconsin. If you are looking for racing now check out The Track in Winthrop Harbor they have some Parking Lot races planed for this summer and TA is a class.....they are just a little south of Kenosha just across the border in IL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.