Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Had a (HOT) blast also PJ. Glad you had fun. I think the other guys enjoyed it also. Even though we lost some racers who elected to stay with drifting we gained 2 new drivers so not to bad. Onwards and upwards !
Looks like Memorial Monday will be our next outing. Can't wait but I hope this heat wave mellows out.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
That 8mm ride height seems really high. Especially for 17.5 and 6 or lipo.
my TC3 is well over 10mm...and it looks so cool coming around corners to victory!...dont ask why it works but ask anybody that races with me and they will tell you my car is "STUCK"...
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-music-city-championship-036.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-68-chevy-camaro...usvta-2008.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

NOTE: http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ml#post5796156

They have changed the Beat the Heat will be July 11-12th in Memphis TN...it will also be combined into the RC America X-ray Challenge...this will be a very big event with alot going on including racing and "PRO" help/setups...

it will also will have VTA for the 1st time

I would advise anybody that wants to really test themself against some pros and joes to make this trip...

NOTE: Im not sure if the GA State race we be re-schedule but I will keep ya updated
Old 05-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

I missed a chance to run in Calhoun on Saturday because at MY HOUSE it was raining. I just assumed it was raining in Calhoun since it was maybe thirty minutes away. They say the rain never showed and they had a fun day. Only it was F1 and TC. I guess I would have been the only VTA there.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Im pretty sure someone else would have raced with you...plenty of TA cars around...just got to get out there and race them...I do every chance I get!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

alot of VTA's are going to run at Jonesboro,AR...here is the link

check it out

http://www.rctech.net/forum/arkansas...ansas-127.html
Old 05-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Friday night VTA racing recap from Indy Slots.

21 cars showed up and 19 raced (1 raced in novice and one had mechanical issues). Top 6 cars where qualified within 8 seconds and top 3 within 3 seconds. Fast laps on our layout were between 8.3-8.6 seconds for all racers in the A main.

Another great night of racing. Can't wait to get outside for some tarmac racing.

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 05-18-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks like there was a good VTA turn-out at the Strictly RC parking lot track (near Chicago O'hare). Anyone know how racing was on Sunday?

Also, looks like The Track in Winthop Harbor, IL has some parking lot racing scheduled under the lights this summer.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Looks like there was a good VTA turn-out at the Strictly RC parking lot track (near Chicago O'hare). Anyone know how racing was on Sunday?

Also, looks like The Track in Winthop Harbor, IL has some parking lot racing scheduled under the lights this summer.
Yeah there was about 20 TA cars at Strictly on Sunday....and 16 RCGT cars. The racing was really good lots of fast guys in TA.....Scott and Kris were super fast
Old 05-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Classic RC Raceways in Akron, Ohio is hosting a 3 hour Trans Am Endurance race on August 2, 2009. The entry fee is $50 per team.

Rules:

* 1 Car per team.
* 3 people on a team. All team members must rotate driving.
* 1 team member must marshall.
* Driver must change with each battery pack change.
* Car must comply with official VTA rules.

The team with the most laps completed at the end of three hours is the winner.

If there are any partial teams or single racers that would like to be on a team, contact either Steve (General) or myself and we will help to group you with others.

1994 E Waterloo Rd Akron, OH 44312
(330) 733-6400
Email: [email protected]
Web Site: www.classicRCraceways.com
Old 05-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so I'm suprised that Battboy didn't give a report of the racing at thunder's last friday night onroad race?

oh wait he lost.

you know what happens when you charge a lipo at 7 amp on nimh.... you run the first qualifer and the second qualifer and the 8 minute main on one charge... opps it had stupid wicked punch the first round though! so we only had 5 people show up for the Friday night racing so we ran them all together. no marshals.... now one thing this does is make you drive smarter. push but check up when you think you might not be able to make it. center of the track is better then upside down having to run off the drivers stand to self marshal. so in 8 minutes I made 1 mistake... battboy made 2 the rest of the field were having fun and I think made only a couple mistakes themselves. but I know they did rethink their driving to try to not make any mistakes.

http://results.rc50.com/Thunder_RC_N...AM_A-Main.html

I'm hoping to pull in more for this Friday night. I'll make sure to give a race report even if battboy wins.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
so I'm suprised that Battboy didn't give a report of the racing at thunder's last friday night onroad race?

oh wait he lost.

you know what happens when you charge a lipo at 7 amp on nimh.... you run the first qualifer and the second qualifer and the 8 minute main on one charge... opps it had stupid wicked punch the first round though! so we only had 5 people show up for the Friday night racing so we ran them all together. no marshals.... now one thing this does is make you drive smarter. push but check up when you think you might not be able to make it. center of the track is better then upside down having to run off the drivers stand to self marshal. so in 8 minutes I made 1 mistake... battboy made 2 the rest of the field were having fun and I think made only a couple mistakes themselves. but I know they did rethink their driving to try to not make any mistakes.

http://results.rc50.com/Thunder_RC_N...AM_A-Main.html

I'm hoping to pull in more for this Friday night. I'll make sure to give a race report even if battboy wins.
Nothing better than a 13.1? I give you guys some races w/o me to get faster and nothing...slippen...I guess the no marshals capped everyone back. Figured Nash would have hit the 12's by now...

Definitely be there Friday to add to the turnout.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well I think I killed a lipo so it is what it is. plus with no one running on the track it loses grip. we'll see this friday!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
well I think I killed a lipo so it is what it is. plus with no one running on the track it loses grip. we'll see this friday!!!!

...I'll have to remember that one!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey guys i have been racing T/A for awhile do u think they will ever let us run another kind of 21.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.