Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer
Where is the Pegasus Camaro Body sold at? I'm now looking to get into VTA since the new track that opened closeby only runs VTA in 1/10 scale. Do the spec HPI Tires hook up well on on carpet or are they everywhere?
what track?? and what part of pa??

Old 10-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Vintage car number decals ???

Hey guys -- anybody got a source for vintage trans-am car number decals ?? Apparently HPI thinks all of the Camaros should only run the digits "6" or "9" by the look of their decal sheet with the body

Does anybody know of another vintage decal number sheet and where to get them ?

Thx !
Old 10-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamGoodwrench
Hey guys -- anybody got a source for vintage trans-am car number decals ?? Apparently HPI thinks all of the Camaros should only run the digits "6" or "9" by the look of their decal sheet with the body

Thx !
Go back just 2 or 3 pages and you'll find multiple sources...
Old 10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20
Are the 6mm offset wheels mandetory on the rear?

Anyone running a TC3 w/o the 6mm offset wheels? Any rubbing problems?
Yes, they are mandatory in the rear, and no there is no rubbing problem on a stock TC3. You have to run the 0° offset fronts with the 31mm 6° offset rears. It works, don't worry about it.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Thx !
I just got my T/A number decals from kropy in the mail yesterday and they are kick ass. I'll post some pics later if you want. He can do any number and charges 5.95 for a sheet with 10 numbers on it + small shipping charge.

www.kolorsbykropy.net

You should be able to order online shortly, but for now I'd just send him a pm on here. his nick is 'kropy'
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks Apex, Im looking to pick up a set of wheels, tires and body to get into this series; It looks great and I cant wait!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nemix
I just got my T/A number decals from kropy in the mail yesterday and they are kick ass. I'll post some pics later if you want. He can do any number and charges 5.95 for a sheet with 10 numbers on it + small shipping charge.

www.kolorsbykropy.net

You should be able to order online shortly, but for now I'd just send him a pm on here. his nick is 'kropy'

Hey -- yeah post a pic if you can. I'd like to see them. I just sent him a PM.

Thx !
Old 10-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey -- yeah post a pic if you can. I'd like to see them. I just sent him a PM.

Thx !
Hey, I just sent you a pm
Old 10-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nemix

www.kolorsbykropy.net

Thanks John!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What is the best tire sauce for the spec tires? I know it is only allowed by some tracks. What do you guys recommend? I am racing on carpet.

Jack The Gripper?
Paragon?
Zip Grip?
Tire Tweak?
Others?

My local track only allows Niftech traction compound. Is it any good?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

What is the best tire sauce for the spec tires? I know it is only allowed by some tracks. What do you guys recommend? I am racing on carpet.

Jack The Gripper?
Paragon?
Zip Grip?
Tire Tweak?
Others?

My local track only allows Niftech traction compound. Is it any good?
Rule of thumb number one: if everyone is required to use a particular product there is no advantage nor disadvantage to any of the others because everybody is playing the same game.

That said, the Niftech compound isn't good...IT'S GREAT!! Our club allows any non-wintergreen (low/no smell) compound, last year we were split about 2/3 running Niftech and the remaining third running Jack. Having run both I definitely prefer the Niftech. Absolute performance was about a wash when all was said and done but the Niftech is MUCH less messy and far more convenient to use. I DREAD visiting tracks where Jack is required, but I keep some on hand for those visits. Little "Jack trick" we've picked up...keep a Niftech bottle when you've emptied it and put your Jack in it. The dauber in the Niftech bottle is much easier/more efficient to use than that stupid brush in the Jack can. Peel the label off the Jack can and put it on the Niftech bottle so you can more easily keep track of which is which.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks Scottrik, Looks like I'm going to be picking up some Niftech this weekend. I guess if one track required Jack and you preferred Niftech then just put a Jack label on the Niftech bottle.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default TC4

I'm building myself one of these using a TC4 with and HPI 68 camaro body. Does anybody have a starting set up using 27t motor 4cell 4600s? I live in OKC so I will not get to run it much unless I'm traveling. I used to live in Lompoc but moved here for a more peaceful life. We had a good onroad track here in okc but it's all oval or tri oval now. This looks like a class that would be easy to control cost and use stuff I already have. If the object of VTA is to promote close racing and not top speed then one does not need to have all the latest/greatest/newest. It's all supposed to be fun right?
Old 10-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
I'm building myself one of these using a TC4 with and HPI 68 camaro body. Does anybody have a starting set up using 27t motor 4cell 4600s? I live in OKC so I will not get to run it much unless I'm traveling. I used to live in Lompoc but moved here for a more peaceful life. We had a good onroad track here in okc but it's all oval or tri oval now. This looks like a class that would be easy to control cost and use stuff I already have. If the object of VTA is to promote close racing and not top speed then one does not need to have all the latest/greatest/newest. It's all supposed to be fun right?
I don't have setup info for you, but you're spot on about not needing the latest/greatest/newest. The winningest car at our track so far is a box-stock Tamiya TB-02, plastic shocks and all.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Thanks Scottrik, Looks like I'm going to be picking up some Niftech this weekend. I guess if one track required Jack and you preferred Niftech then just put a Jack label on the Niftech bottle.
Nah...I just break out the Jack and deal with it. The track in Denver and the tracks in Seattle/Portland that I visit once or twice a year all require Jack. The tracks in North Dakota (Minot and Pingree) that I hit once or twice a year allow pretty much anything including Paragon GE so I get to try that (or renew my aquaintance with) GE then. Interestingly, I have a can of GE from 20 years ago and a much more recent can...the old stuff has WAY more wintergreen aroma than the newer stuff. I keep it tucked away like fine wine.

End result, I just don't get all that knotted up about this compound or that compound being allowed. I just show up, race, visit with old friends and make some new ones, and have a blast. Traction compound is such a little thing to be concerned about in the big picture of why I participate in this hobby. ESPECIALLY my VTA racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.