Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The hurricane-midwest-all-star-series has added a full Trans-Am class this season following the USVTA rules for the most part. The first race is at Trackside Hobbies Sept 13th. See the rctech link....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ar-series.html

Any of you all planning on running the season opener?

Marty
Old 09-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Where can we buy the "official" USVTA car numbers. I bought a set when I was at Strictly R/C at the Asphalt Assault, but forgot to ask about getting more.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Where can we buy the "official" USVTA car numbers. I bought a set when I was at Strictly R/C at the Asphalt Assault, but forgot to ask about getting more.

Thanks.
i got my set from wallstreet
Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer

Thanks.
Yeah PM "wallstreet" he had the numbers and might still have some left.....
Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mcallister has numbers and the sponsor sheets. Wait maybe it was D drive english. I will find it.

OK I knew I had posted this somewhere.

Sticker sheets from Mcallister Racing.

http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/page10.html

The D-drive english shop has the ones that the local VTA guys like to put on their tires. If you didnt get an early HPI Camaro and you want the good year stickers for your tires then you need these. http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...products_id=70

OK numbers. These are at Mcallister.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 09-05-2008 at 06:41 AM. Reason: added material
Old 09-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Also, the widow of the former owner of Autographics Decals (old school) is selling off all of the old stock, and there are a lot of numbers sets remaining.

Check it out on eBay...
Old 09-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 414MPH

Any of you all planning on running the season opener?

Marty
We won't make the opener because it's full blown football season for the kids right now, but we'll be the others.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
i run a 5.5 right now. and actually, it should be the other way around, youd run a lower(smaller #, bigger gear) fdr on a carpet track beacuse you *should* be able to carry more cornerspeed with the higher bite.
I think I see higher motor temps using the same FDR on carpet than I do on asphalt because of the increased traction on carpet.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

FYI, We're doing a USVTA event here in South Jersey at a local Nifty Fiftys in conjunction with a full scale muscle car show next Thursday night (9/11)

Race times will from approximatly 6pm-10pm (Yes, Vintage racing under the lights....LOL)

Anyone within reasonable driving distance, please come check it out! We're hoping this can be a regular location for or '09 program....

Here are pics of the location....

http://www.sixfoottiger.com/admin/in...ew&partyid=130
Old 09-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Read this is another thread!

What are you giving up???

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Kinda jaded and cynical, but true for the most part. My only question with that attitude (and I'm not saying it's wrong, as I feel this way most of the time, myself), is what happens when the racing in your area grinds to a halt, and your tracks and shops close from lack of participation?

Is the effort worth it if it keeps a place to race open?

We're at a point now that if something isn't done to at least help a little, this concept will be a reality for a lot more of us than we'd like.

Sidebar: Personally, at this point, I'm just generally tired of the money pit that I have been submersed in with R/C racing and my vintage collecting. I'm tired of throwing my recreation cash away $50 at a time, and I'm at the point now in my life that I'd much rather have something larger, more tangible and much more meaningful to me. I'm generally not having a whole lot of fun anymore, and there are various reasons for that. Racing just isn't what it used to be for me, and I don't know why that is, but it just is.

doug

So much for VTA being able to re-energize rc racing if the founder of the VTA league is giving up...whatever!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RacineRacerrr
Read this is another thread!

What are you giving up???
I didn't say that I was giving VTA up. I'm selling off a large percentage of my vast vintage R/C collection and MOST of my contemporary R/C gear.

The beauty of Vintage Trans Am is that with a car, a lipo pack, a radio and a charger, I can be ready to race at a moments notice, without any of the bulky, expensive, overwhelming infrastructure that many of us have become so used to in R/C racing. Back to the old days when we'd show up to the track with a car, a fishing tackle box of tools, a radio and a folding card table... and that was all we'd need to race a whole day.

I have our first baby on the way this winter, so my racing days will be limited regardless. I don't see myself racing every weekend anyway, so nothing is really changing for me. The USVTA will still be strong, growing and continuing to provide old and new racers a safe-haven for grassroots racing without the headaches of babysitting touring cars, batteries and motors.

No worries.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I didn't say that I was giving VTA up. I'm selling off a large percentage of my vast vintage R/C collection and MOST of my contemporary R/C gear.

The beauty of Vintage Trans Am is that with a car, a lipo pack, a radio and a charger, I can be ready to race at a moments notice, without any of the bulky, expensive, overwhelming infrastructure that many of us have become so used to in R/C racing. Back to the old days when we'd show up to the track with a car, a fishing tackle box of tools, a radio and a folding card table... and that was all we'd need to race a whole day.

I have our first baby on the way this winter, so my racing days will be limited regardless. I don't see myself racing every weekend anyway, so nothing is really changing for me. The USVTA will still be strong, growing and continuing to provide old and new racers a safe-haven for grassroots racing without the headaches of babysitting touring cars, batteries and motors.

No worries.
Still have a Titan?
Old 09-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just wanted to say i got my HPI Pro 4 up and running with the 21.5/lipo option....

Freakin Awesome! Kudos to the development of this option.

Now... if i could just find someplace local that follows the USVTA rules 100%....
Old 09-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ToddFalkowski
Still have a Titan?
Most certainly.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pejota
Now... if i could just find someplace local that follows the USVTA rules 100%....
For you personally, what part of your clubs TA racing is irking you?

What USVTA rules are they bending?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.