Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

6cell trans am racing live at thunder rc
http://www.selfcast.com/nashrcracer
Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi7-asyqpEA

Dirla sure knows how to put a lap on ya!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:45 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

enduros are the latest rage in the midatlantic area when it comes to trans am.

R
Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
6cell trans am racing [/url]
You shouldn't call it "Trans Am racing". You should describe it as Outlaw Trans Am.

6cell isn't "trans-am".
Old 08-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
You shouldn't call it "Trans Am racing". You should describe it as Outlaw Trans Am.

6cell isn't "trans-am".
we are in nashville. it's more like redneck trans am. one guys driver had a cowboy hat on, and the other a mullet. I'm the yankee from up north way.

but yes that's why I didn't call it VTA just tires and body and motors. it has been funny though as some racers got the 2004 mustang body and the viper to race and complain about not having enough bodies. in vegas for TC we only have 2 choices rf9 or mohawk2. talk about not having choices.

you can watch the mains
http://www.selfcast.com/nashrcracer/recording/2461
it gets a little wild in the start of the "B" and start of the "A"
Old 08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

it's more like redneck trans am. one guys driver had a cowboy hat on, and the other a mullet. I'm the yankee from up north way.
Ha!!

Redneck TA

...that's what you should call the class!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Imagine a class called 4 Cell sports.
or maybe just "sports" or "street" or something like that.
Sports car shells including the exotics, Vintage TA shells and the Japanese sports cars, even the modern stuff.
4 cell power 27t or 17.5.
HPI D compound treaded tires, including but not limited to the Vintage tires. Wheels must be streetable in appearance. No dishes.
Wheels can be any offset but the car can not be more than 200mm at the front track and 210mm at the rear.
Wings-Small cosmetic wings only. If a kit has a larger cosmetic wing then it must be trimmed to have no more than a 4mm rise.

So here we would have a class that could be run at a local track. It would not be VTA but if you showed up with a VTA car you could run it, and be competitive. It would be slower than TC and have recognizable cars that look like cars. Broader body choices, wheel choices, Tire choices, while at the same time keeping the semi streetable look. Touring car paint jobs would still be "Frowned upon". Tires would all at least be treaded and made of the same compound of rubber.

It would be something completely differrent than VTA but yet compatible with people who are already running it. Its just an idea, but if you dont like it, at least try to be constructive/respectful.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Imagine a class called 4 Cell sports.
or maybe just "sports" or "street" or something like that.
Sports car shells including the exotics, Vintage TA shells and the Japanese sports cars, even the modern stuff.
4 cell power 27t or 17.5.
HPI D compound treaded tires, including but not limited to the Vintage tires. Wheels must be streetable in appearance. No dishes.
Wheels can be any offset but the car can not be more than 200mm at the front track and 210mm at the rear.
Wings-Small cosmetic wings only. If a kit has a larger cosmetic wing then it must be trimmed to have no more than a 4mm rise.

So here we would have a class that could be run at a local track. It would not be VTA but if you showed up with a VTA car you could run it, and be competitive. It would be slower than TC and have recognizable cars that look like cars. Broader body choices, wheel choices, Tire choices, while at the same time keeping the semi streetable look. Touring car paint jobs would still be "Frowned upon". Tires would all at least be treaded and made of the same compound of rubber.

It would be something completely differrent than VTA but yet compatible with people who are already running it. Its just an idea, but if you dont like it, at least try to be constructive/respectful.
Ding Ding Ding....Winner Winner Chicken Dinner....This idea would be great and I think would be a better option for tracks then this new Pro-10 class or classes with its 300+ dollar kits and expensive tires when you could do the same thing IE sport car bodies on cheap old sedans that work everywhere not just on carpet. But thats for another place and time then in this thread but I really like that idea.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

In my haste I misread the previous, and inferred that the new idea was a M-based class... my mistake.

Any class that would be based on REAL cars and slow enough to be available to the masses is OK by me.

Last edited by squarehead; 08-14-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Typos and ADD reading skills.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Last edited by ApexSpeed : Today at 02:51 PM. Reason: Typos and ADD reading skills.
ADD?

I like to call mine ADHD!!!!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenti...ivity_disorder
Old 08-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

I've never been hyperactive, so I fall in the clinical ADD category.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

we are in nashville. it's more like redneck trans am. one guys driver had a cowboy hat on, and the other a mullet. I'm the yankee from up north way.

but yes that's why I didn't call it VTA just tires and body and motors. it has been funny though as some racers got the 2004 mustang body and the viper to race and complain about not having enough bodies. in vegas for TC we only have 2 choices rf9 or mohawk2. talk about not having choices.

you can watch the mains
http://www.selfcast.com/nashrcracer/recording/2461
it gets a little wild in the start of the "B" and start of the "A"
what?....who's a "REDNECK?"....thin line...really thin
Old 08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
what?....who's a "REDNECK?"....thin line...really thin
go eat your chitlins batboy
Old 08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
In my haste I misread the previous, and inferred that the new idea was a M-based class... my mistake.

Any class that would be based on REAL cars and slow enough to be available to the masses is OK by me.
Its a super easy mistake to make since the cars are the same wheelbase and track as a Mini Cooper. The shells for these cars can and often are used on M chassis cars. But the Genetic ABC is in fact a touring car made for shells of this size. Arent they cool?

I would have to have five of them. That way where ever I go I can conn someone into driving the other four. You have to have enough to make a class.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm, maybe I did originally read it correctly. The suggestion of a class using new cars isn't a helpful class, IMO, it dilutes the good ones. I agree with Kevin that using existing touring cars with GT and street-type bodies is a good solution to down participation numbers. But it isn't a cure-all.

Creating another new class based on chassis that people don't already have and are on the difficult side to acquire is detrimental to racing. IMO, that's a bad thing for racing and racers.

We're better off buying these cool cars (F1, U2 Trans Am, Minis, etc.) and enjoying them without "racing" them than we are trying to create another sub-class to break down the existing racers with another class of the month.

Save your race days for Trans Am.

Just my two cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.