Old 03-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #14073
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

beemerfan....i bow to ur intellect and vast knowledge....FOIA
Old 03-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #14074
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
It's what I use. I just shoe-goo the helmet part to the inside of the roof. I've never had one come off. I like to never got it to come loose when moving from one body to the other so there is no worry about it coming loose on a race.
+1. Put a blob on the top of the head and a blob on the tab. Stick head to roof and tab to rear of hood and it's not going to move unless you want it to. In my experience the paint will pull off before the goo fails.

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
Old 03-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #14075
Tech Master

Personally I just like spending money on batteries.
Serpent S120 13.5
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #14076
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
Ill pass on ROAR rules period...
Uh.....(sound of crickets).... I think you missed my point. You know how SCT rims have a standard dimension? Loosely based on the shape of the Slash rim? and now you can buy Ruluxs or Prolines or any other brand of rim and its all basically the same shape. Anyway my point was that Associated could make a VTA car but to do so they would have to sell it with the tires from their competitor and I just dont see that happening. But they could make a wheel and tire combo that is the same shape and dimension of the HPI wheel and tire, maybe even offering another style rim. Thats what the reference to ROAR rules was about. Not being partial to manufacturers.

Anyway I am going to stop to bask in the glow of Beemers magnificent laymans lecture on C ratings. Cause I did not know half of that. What a great way to cut it into small pieces so we dont choke on it. Thank you Beemer fan.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #14077
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

actually there has been a lot of debate in the oval side of racing that running a lower C actually pushes the battery to a higher % of load there by causing it to heat up and thus making it expel it's energy faster. This based on the knowledge that heating a lipo battery to about 120+ fahrenheit will make you go faster by tenths. Which in a race of tenth in oval could mean the difference between the "A" and the "D" qualifier. although this can apply to VTA based on how close the pack is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchmore sales pamphlet
Keep your battery pack warm under cold ambient temperatures with this battery warming tray from Much More. The Warming Tray is a warmer that can heat up your battery packs (LiPo or NiMh) before charging in the winter season. Cold batteries may lose punch, which means lower average voltage than usual, if you charge without any warming. The Warming Tray can be connected to Cell Master charger or Warmer Controller 3080 and it has a thermic wire inside and will keep target temperature where you set to.
Goes with the tire warmer application. warm tires don't require warmup laps getting up to temp and being softer off the start giving you a traction advantage to someone not using tire warmers.

this along with ceramic bearings could give you the clear advantage in a VTA race.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #14078
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Meh.

Real world application: I race open motor sprint cars on dirt oval, too. You can tell the difference between a 30c and a 60c, very obvious. You are also looking at gigantic amp spikes out of the corner.

Vta, the average car pulls like 1100 mah over 6 minutes. What is the average draw, 10 or 11 amps?

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #14079
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbulb View Post
Why can I not click on the "last page" button and get to the last page of this thread? This is the on ly thread on the whole forum that doesn't work for me. Am I the only one? It does it on all computers.
In you settings, change the newest messages to appear first instead of last and then just always view page 1. That solves the problem.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #14080
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
actually there has been a lot of debate in the oval side of racing that running a lower C actually pushes the battery to a higher % of load there by causing it to heat up and thus making it expel it's energy faster. This based on the knowledge that heating a lipo battery to about 120+ fahrenheit will make you go faster by tenths. Which in a race of tenth in oval could mean the difference between the "A" and the "D" qualifier. although this can apply to VTA based on how close the pack is.
I've heard this too - especially true with these lower/higher turn motors...a 90c battery won't get a true 'workout' running a 25.5 while a 25c or 30c pack will get more temp into it

and that was told to me by a local fast guy, Reedy Race Champ, and VTA poster boy for feeling the excitement
Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #14081
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I run a 20C 5000 Mah Turnigy and the battery does not really get warm.

My Motor after 10 min race is generally around the 160 Mark and the ESC about 90 and the Battery 85 usually

I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #14082
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
This is a very misleading post. The X-Drive ESC's are NOT VTA legal currently, and the Club is not yet available. That leaves 1 currently produced ESC. Just because these are "spec only" ESC's does not make them legal. I understand Novak wanting to sell stuff, but this is the VTA thread and the topic currently is VTA legal ESC's, and making posts like this convey a very distorted message.
I edited my post to remove the offending "distorted message".

Our new GTB2-X escs have been with ROAR for two months awaiting approval. We have also submitted our new Club esc. These are both spec-only escs.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #14083
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

... And in other news, Tower Hobbies has VTA Front Tires in stock! VTA Rear Tires should be in stock soon.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #14084
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
... And in other news, Tower Hobbies has VTA Front Tires in stock! VTA Rear Tires should be in stock soon.

Sweet. Just grabbed 2 pairs for myself!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #14085
Tech Adept

Any idea of a time frame for the decision on the GTB2 x-drive deal. I happened to buy one back in December for a different application and was intending, now hoping, to move it over to the VTA chassis. Checked the numbers and it is an x-drive unit. Still have yet to order a 25.5 stator so waiting to see what is or is not legal before ordering the rest of what I need to be ready to go.
Closed Thread