R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #13591
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes they do Lol
RC Apparel - http://www.bluegrooveapparel.com Globalhobby.com - XtM Racing Teamxtm.com
Old 02-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #13592
Tech Adept

Anybody else having problems with just this forum section displaying correctly
I cant go to the last post, I have to hit reply and read below reply to this thread just to see it ?
RC Apparel - http://www.bluegrooveapparel.com Globalhobby.com - XtM Racing Teamxtm.com
Old 02-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #13593
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder Killer View Post
Anybody else having problems with just this forum section displaying correctly
I cant go to the last post, I have to hit reply and read below reply to this thread just to see it ?
Look at the URL when you try to view the last post and you will see it will change the page number at the very end. (I think 5 times and then time out.) If you change the number in the URL to 1 less then and reload it will get to the last page. It just is all out of whack on knowing what page goes with what post.

Someone also said you can change the posts so page 1 is the new posts vs page 800+ and this fixes the issue as well. This is done under the forum settings somewhere.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #13594
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
Look at the URL when you try to view the last post and you will see it will change the page number at the very end. (I think 5 times and then time out.) If you change the number in the URL to 1 less then and reload it will get to the last page. It just is all out of whack on knowing what page goes with what post.

Someone also said you can change the posts so page 1 is the new posts vs page 800+ and this fixes the issue as well. This is done under the forum settings somewhere.
Ok, that works better

Last edited by Ladder Killer; 02-11-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Forum trouble
Old 02-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #13595
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post

I'm surprised it has gone on so long. All someone needs to do is lock this thread and make a new one.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #13596
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I don;t have the problem any more since I changed to Viewing the reply's newest first. Works great No more problems

I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #13597
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeadman View Post
I don;t have the problem any more since I changed to Viewing the reply's newest first. Works great No more problems
+1...works better for me and my phone
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #13598
Tech Adept

Been nosing around to find a chassis and found a few options but before I jump into the deep end of the pool would like to know some of the thoughts on belt vs. shaft driven cars for VTA or if it really matters.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #13599
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno-Machino View Post
Been nosing around to find a chassis and found a few options but before I jump into the deep end of the pool would like to know some of the thoughts on belt vs. shaft driven cars for VTA or if it really matters.
One problem you may find, with a shaft drive, is fitting the proper gear ratio into the c.ar
Old 02-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #13600
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
I like my shaft drive TC3s. I think a well setup one has less rolling resistance than most belt drive cars. It did take some reworking of the chassis though to get the proper gear ratios for large tracks. After the rework, I can get down to about 2.9:1 FDR if I have to.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #13601
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ran a shaft drive TC3 for a long time. Made the proper Dremel modifications to get a wide range of gears. I like the simplicity of working on a shaft drive car, but hated dealing with ball diffs. The car seemed a little twitchy, especially on power, but i never ran it with a spool.

Currently running a Sakura Zero S. Love it. Car is smooth and the front and rear gear diffs are amazing. I've made very little changes to the box stock setup and it's great.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #13602
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info, I would assume the use of 64 pitch gears but with the later availability of smaller spur gears below 88 now down to 72, how much more gear is needed? I assume the mod includes the amount of swing of the cam and perhaps clearance for a larger pinion. Don't have a chassis to look at but from memory seems as if those could be possible trouble spots.

Just started asking around among my buddies and already have several different chassis options to choose from; TC3, TC4, TC5 and TA05 with the layed down cantalever front shocks. Gathering info, not in a big hurry, need to sell a SC10/SCLM and a JRC/Putnam Dirt Late Model before I begin this new project.

Pejota, I sent you an email but it was an address from several years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejota View Post
Ran a shaft drive TC3 for a long time. Made the proper Dremel modifications to get a wide range of gears. I like the simplicity of working on a shaft drive car, but hated dealing with ball diffs. The car seemed a little twitchy, especially on power, but i never ran it with a spool.

Currently running a Sakura Zero S. Love it. Car is smooth and the front and rear gear diffs are amazing. I've made very little changes to the box stock setup and it's great.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #13603
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I would assume the use of 64 pitch gears but with the later availability of smaller spur gears below 88 now down to 72, how much more gear is needed? I assume the mod includes the amount of swing of the cam and perhaps clearance for a larger pinion. Don't have a chassis to look at but from memory seems as if those could be possible trouble spots.
That is correct. With a 72 or 74 tooth spur, you don't have much to worry about except clearance for the pinion from the chassis webbing right underneath it. Depending on how adjustable you want to make things, you may also need slight modifications to the cam and possibly remove some plastic from the chassis under and on right side of the motor.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #13604
Tech Adept

I remember the days of dremels and cams Lol
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #13605
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Hey all you VTA racers, have you signed up to race your VTA at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals coming on March 16? Hurry up and register before there is no more room! Click here to get signed up.

Click
HERE to see a countdown to the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals
Closed Thread