R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #13501
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If you need or want a new lipo. I would go with what's within in rules now. I wouldn't think the rule would change this close to the Scale Nats.

Also with the Track at Harbor Hobbies helping with the battery situation and hosting the event. I would think that between Rob and Eric we will have something for us this summer
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #13502
Tech Master
 
kwkride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,115
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Not "period correct" but I'm sure we will see them at the club level . . .

Thanks HPI!

__________________
Jim
-

"If God had meant for us to drive through the front wheels, he never would have allowed us to invent the ring & pinion"
kwkride is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #13503
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,632
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Since they are pretty flexible at my local track, I think that is my next shell. Can I get a Burt Reynolds driving figure ???
nf_ekt is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #13504
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Since they are pretty flexible at my local track, I think that is my next shell. Can I get a Burt Reynolds driving figure ???
Go with frog. She looked better.
__________________
3Racing Sakura XI 17.5 TC
Formula Rabbit (FGX conversion) 21.5
STRC LCG 2WD Slash 17.5
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #13505
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,632
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Nice
nf_ekt is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #13506
Tech Champion
 
R40Victim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: N.W. FL___L.A.___Lower Alabama
Posts: 7,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Since they are pretty flexible at my local track, I think that is my next shell. Can I get a Burt Reynolds driving figure ???
Just paint a big mustache on the figure. Or, with some picture glue, you can print out his face and glue it to the inside of the helmet... put Sally Fields in there too!
__________________
Racing Vids, on and off road:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMhKKcaJPscYOrsPz8x-lw?view_as=subscriber
R40Victim is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #13507
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,632
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Just paint a big mustache on the figure. Or, with some picture glue, you can print out his face and glue it to the inside of the helmet... put Sally Fields in there too!
I want the Cowboy hat and the whole nine. Frog will ride shotgun.

HPI- Are you listening!!!

nf_ekt is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #13508
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2012 USVTA Southern Nationals

Just a heads up. For the 2012 USVTA Southern Nats. The "BIRD" will fly. I hope robk pulls this shell as an exception, cause I've, we, have been waiting in it
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #13509
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
Just a heads up. For the 2012 USVTA Southern Nats. The "BIRD" will fly. I hope robk pulls this shell as an exception, cause I've, we, have been waiting in it
While I love the body I do not think it belongs on the vta list. There were a handful of cars that actually ran in the 1973 season but are not allowed in our vta racing. It was explained to me that the vta class is supposed to replicate the golden era of trans am that ended after the 1972 season. Again I love the body but it just doesn't fit what the vta class is.

If the list is expanded to include a 1977/78 firebird then why not the corvette or pantera from the 1973 season? Why not add the McAllister 1979 camaro? If we start adding in bodies because they look cool and a lot of people like them my vote is in for the Shelby cobra or the gt 40.
__________________
3Racing Sakura XI 17.5 TC
Formula Rabbit (FGX conversion) 21.5
STRC LCG 2WD Slash 17.5
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #13510
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St Albert AB. CA
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

WAY KOOL.....HOT DAM.....finally...Who gives a rats patootie whether is legal for USVTA...I will be able to run at our club level... I'm callig my LHS to order a couple right NOW!!!!! I'm currently running the 1970 Mcallister Camaro..or 1968 HPI "BUD" Camaro....OK I still would have preferred 1970 Camaro or Firebird TA......Never happy are we!!!!!!

TJ
THEBIGBULL is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #13511
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
Not "period correct" but I'm sure we will see them at the club level . . .

Thanks HPI!

HPI's body looks very similar to this "Smoke N Bandit" body that is sold by RC Car Kings out of Burnsville, Minnessota.

Last edited by wwddww34; 02-02-2012 at 02:33 PM.
wwddww34 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #13512
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
While I love the body I do not think it belongs on the vta list. There were a handful of cars that actually ran in the 1973 season but are not allowed in our vta racing. It was explained to me that the vta class is supposed to replicate the golden era of trans am that ended after the 1972 season. Again I love the body but it just doesn't fit what the vta class is.

If the list is expanded to include a 1977/78 firebird then why not the corvette or pantera from the 1973 season? Why not add the McAllister 1979 camaro? If we start adding in bodies because they look cool and a lot of people like them my vote is in for the Shelby cobra or the gt 40.
+2 !!!! It's VINTAGE TRANS AM ! Although many of us car junkies love the older TA's (I've owned 2), This shell has no place in the class. Running it at the club level is just promoting a lack of respect for the class. It's one thing to allow the 1967 Corvette or 1973 Pantera, but the 77'/78' TA is a bad stretch of the rules.
Evoracer is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #13513
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
Not "period correct" but I'm sure we will see them at the club level . . .

Thanks HPI!

Of course you realize it is FULLY LEGAL for USGT!!
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #13514
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
I want the Cowboy hat and the whole nine. Frog will ride shotgun.

HPI- Are you listening!!!

sounds like you need the driver from tamiya's old sand scorcher he's got a cowboy hat and would pass for the bandit with the right paint
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #13515
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,632
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
sounds like you need the driver from tamiya's old sand scorcher he's got a cowboy hat and would pass for the bandit with the right paint
Hey, now we're talking. But I don't want to start WW3 because I bought one and had fun on a club night My RD doesn't care though, he allows a little flexibility if it's not a serious race... so maybe
nf_ekt is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:11 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net