Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #13456
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Having trouble fitting enough lead on your chassis to make weight? Want to quickly/easily change your F/R bias without the hassle of pesky stick on weight? Into hiding your chassis under a towel while it in the pits, "Green Gas Tank Syndrome", or outright subterfuge?

Okay, seriously, considering I put something like 150 grams into my XXX-S to get it to 1552 and I only use about 1200mha in 10 minutes, this is kinda cool.

http://www.teamorion.com/weight-transfer-system-en.html

that would make getting my TCX up to weight SOOO MUCH EASIER!!!

i could weight it for blinky class, then adjust the weight in that case to get the car ready for VTA

any ideas on price and availability?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #13457
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lol
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 01-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #13458
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSEDanny View Post
What is this I hear that you will not be running VTA on Sunday??????
Im trying not to race "my races"...Ill run some laps...like I did at the Nats...but this is for you guys that support USVTA and onroad racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
He doesn't want to make us cry.
yeah something like that...jk...just want you guys to have some fun and enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Hey All, If anyone has a 25.5, legal esc OR both for sale please PM me. We have a new driver looking for a VTA ride so I'm trying my best to help him and his son out.
Already posted in the "wanted" section. Thanks !!
ditto..me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
The Snowbird Nationals is almost here! For those of you attending, please feel free to contact me with any questions about running the USVTA class at the 'birds. At Mike Boylan's request, I will be at the scoring booth or in tech throughout the event to support this class.
cool...look for me
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-normal_dsc_1074.jpg  
Old 01-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #13459
Tech Champion

Default Thunder Jam 4

I hope you guys are ready to get this event on!!!

2 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

We have guys coming from Georgia, Alabama, and Kentucky as well as other parts of TN.

VTA and Jr VTA trophies are looking real good...

and GT,TC, and 12th scale will be some good classes to run Sunday

Trophy 1st-3rd in VTA and Jr VTA
40% CASH Payout for all classes with 5 or more entries

Dont forget to paint them bodies up for cause the Concourse Winner will recieve $25 CASH

and we are happy about this as well, Final Race of the Nite
USVTA Super Main...VTA cars will go 50 laps. Winner will take home $50 Cash...

come out this Sunday and run with us and maybe take home a trophy and some cash, or both...but come and have some fun all the same

cya Sunday
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-img_2046.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #13460
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I posted this in the electronics section but thought I would post it here too since there are a lot of VTA Edge users. I purchased an Edge 2S/Ballistic 25.5 VTA combo last week and ran it for the first time today. Three different times the ESC shut down with an error code that was not in the Edge paperwork and I could not find on the Novak website. What happens is the ESC will shut down the motor after a minor impact. It happened three different times toady, twice when touching a board and once when I was rolled by another driver in a heat. When it happens I have steering but no throttle. The green and red leds flash twice then the white, yellow, and blue leds flash in sequence and then it repeats. Turn off then back on and it works normally. The Glitchbuster that came with the Combo is installed and the motor/ESC are not overheating (last time it happened was 7:40 into the main and the motor temp was 112F and the ESC temp was 87F). Also has a new 60C 5000mAh battery that checks good. Anyone run into this error code before?
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
Old 01-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #13461
Tech Champion

Default Thunder Jam tomorrow

nice crowd for practice, glad to see ppl from out of town coming in....

traction is getting really high....time to put the sauce up...lol

I will be at the track at 7am, to open the doors for practice and setup...

cya and thanks for supporting Thunder Jam

FYI..I have a loaner or two for anybody wanting to run VTA or GT
Old 01-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #13462
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
I posted this in the electronics section but thought I would post it here too since there are a lot of VTA Edge users. I purchased an Edge 2S/Ballistic 25.5 VTA combo last week and ran it for the first time today. Three different times the ESC shut down with an error code that was not in the Edge paperwork and I could not find on the Novak website. What happens is the ESC will shut down the motor after a minor impact. It happened three different times toady, twice when touching a board and once when I was rolled by another driver in a heat. When it happens I have steering but no throttle. The green and red leds flash twice then the white, yellow, and blue leds flash in sequence and then it repeats. Turn off then back on and it works normally. The Glitchbuster that came with the Combo is installed and the motor/ESC are not overheating (last time it happened was 7:40 into the main and the motor temp was 112F and the ESC temp was 87F). Also has a new 60C 5000mAh battery that checks good. Anyone run into this error code before?
It sounds like the ESC could be either re-booting due to errors or shorting somewhere Or is going into lipo cutoff in error.

I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #13463
Tech Master

Quote:
Check your other connections. I agree that it sounds like the esc is trying to reboot. since it only seems to happen on an impact I would look at your battery and receiver wiring o be sure all connections are good.

I have run the edge on a Novak 21.5 and a lrp 13.5 and have no problems. It has been a great esc.
Serpent S120 13.5
Old 01-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #13464
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
Quote:
Check your other connections. I agree that it sounds like the esc is trying to reboot. since it only seems to happen on an impact I would look at your battery and receiver wiring o be sure all connections are good.

I have run the edge on a Novak 21.5 and a lrp 13.5 and have no problems. It has been a great esc.
Hey Bill, I am using a Novak Edge and a Novak 21.5T motor in my Tamiya F104 and you marshalled my F1 race today. You saw my F104 hit boards and get flipped over at least 2 times all through the race my Edge never had any resets or glitches. Are you running a Venom battery in your VTA? I heard that the bullet connections inside the Venom batts are suspicious for momentary disconnects when they are jolted from an impact. That's my $0.02.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #13465
Company Representative

I suggest that you contact [email protected] for assistance:

Many times the problem you are experiencing will have an easy fix and you will not need to return your product for service. Unless you include the info below, we may not be able to assist you by email. You can also contact [email protected] Our regular CS/Tech Support hours can be located here.

Quote:
Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ number/type of cells
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity)
~ rotor (old/new)
~ connectors used, quality of soldering
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ warranty claim? Include serial numbers
~ lipo cut-off, on/off
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: error codes, crash damage, water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc
The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance; without this information, diagnosing your problem, without seeing your item, is practically impossible.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #13466
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Hey Bill, I am using a Novak Edge and a Novak 21.5T motor in my Tamiya F104 and you marshalled my F1 race today. You saw my F104 hit boards and get flipped over at least 2 times all through the race my Edge never had any resets or glitches. Are you running a Venom battery in your VTA? I heard that the bullet connections inside the Venom batts are suspicious for momentary disconnects when they are jolted from an impact. That's my $0.02.
I don't think it is an external connection issue. Of the three times it happened, two were when I sideswiped the board on the last turn coming into the main straight. The third time was when I got rolled by Joe. On the bench, I wiggled every connection multiple times and never got it to duplicate. If it was a loose connection issue, it seems that every time I clipped a board or hit something (OR got hit by someone), it would have acted up. BTW Sharpie, YOU popped me a few times in the heats, not to mention nailed me a couple of times in the mains and it did not act up (sorry bro, couldn't resist ).
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
Old 01-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #13467
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default batteries

Hi guys. I'm looking through the USVTA rules. Battery limit is at 5000mah, but no C limit. Has that created a 'battery war' or is the C rating not much of an issue for you guys? I just looking to give my club good advice...we race 1s, 17.5 and are considering converting to 25.5 next season.
You can send PM's so it doesnt mess up the flow of your current discussions.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #13468
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling moss View Post
Hi guys. I'm looking through the USVTA rules. Battery limit is at 5000mah, but no C limit. Has that created a 'battery war' or is the C rating not much of an issue for you guys? I just looking to give my club good advice...we race 1s, 17.5 and are considering converting to 25.5 next season.
You can send PM's so it doesnt mess up the flow of your current discussions.
A 25.5 can only draw so much from a battery. We have guys running anything from 25c up to 90c and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Maybe the best drivers can tell a difference but for most the c rating won't be a factor in vta.
Serpent S120 13.5
Old 01-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #13469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have to say, the Battery "C" rating, and a True 2 Cell rule is the only gripe I've ever had w/ true USVTA rules.

Not because of a "Real" performance issue, but more for a perceived issue, and pricing.

A true 2s1p battery vs a 2s2p is roughly 1/2 the price (Because it only has to series cells vs. 2 series and 2 parallel cells ie: 4 actual cells)

For instance a Race/Sport THUNDER POWER 3300 25c pack is available for about $50 bucks, but the bigger packs can be close to $100.00

I am glad to see it capped at 5000 mAh though, and hopefully that will NOT change w/ pressure from the "5000's are no longer available!" crowd.

[I LOVE the VTA cars, and I hope we can finally get this class to LIVE in California this year... there are a couple tracks running it finally!)
Things are headed towards a return of the SWT Series, but for
2017 the focus will be on the Encino Velodrome (and dirt oval racing)
Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #13470
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
A 25.5 can only draw so much from a battery. We have guys running anything from 25c up to 90c and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Maybe the best drivers can tell a difference but for most the c rating won't be a factor in vta.
This. Plus, capacity really doesn't mean anything either. The tolerance differences in motors (most likely rotors) are bigger than any advantage a battery will provide.
Closed Thread