R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #13126
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

good job on vta being at the Nats...can you post the excat rules, for the event?...and Im just curious, since its being billed as a expo class, why couldnt they went with full USVTA rules....I think everytime VTA is offered not under USVTA rules the turn-out is small...

this isnt a flame or dead horse...just looking for info...thanks

these pics are of the USVTA Southern Nationals and USVTA Scale Championships...both full USVTA rules..
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-p1020100.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-usvta_2009_002.jpg  
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 12-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #13127
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ROAR cannot favor one manufacturers products over another, so any 25.5 that meets regulations is allowed, same thing for ESCs, yadda yadda.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 12-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #13128
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
good job on vta being at the Nats...can you post the excat rules, for the event?...and Im just curious, since its being billed as a expo class, why couldnt they went with full USVTA rules....I think everytime VTA is offered not under USVTA rules the turn-out is small...

this isnt a flame or dead horse...just looking for info...thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
ROAR cannot favor one manufacturers products over another, so any 25.5 that meets regulations is allowed, same thing for ESCs, yadda yadda.
Here are the posted rules from the 1st page of the ROAR Carpet Nationals thread.

25.5 VTA
Any 25.5
ROAR Sportsman ESC's
ROAR Legal 2s Lipo
1450 weight limit
Single 8 minute main

We run "almost" USVTA rules due to issues with getting Novak 25.5s when we started. Most of the local VTA drivers are fully USVTA compliant except for a driver figure (including my VTA car). We also have an addendum to allow the HPI Sprint 2 box stock for newbes starting out. Here are our local rules that differ from USVTA Rules:

Any make 25.5 brushless with 2C LiPo. Only physical motor timing advance is allowed, however Ballistic motors must not be advanced beyond the last timing mark on the sticker.

Weight Specification:
Minimum 1450g in race-ready trim

Mikes does not require a driver figure

We have the following addendum to the rules to allow the HPI Sprint 2 69 Camaro to run.

NEWCOMERS ADDENDUM:

If you have recently purchased a RTR HPI Sprint from Mikes and are new to VTA we welcome you to race with us! You are welcome to use the car straight out of the box! Once you have finished in the top 3 during a qualifier or a main event where 4 or more people finished racing at Mike's, we expect that you will then bring your car into accordance with the rules above. The RTR HPI Sprint will require a new lipo, motor, and ESC as listed above to be compliant.
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
Old 12-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #13129
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Just curious but why the 100 gram weight difference? Thats the only thing that doesnt make sense to me

EDIT: Damn thread broken again
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 12-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #13130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Im kind of new to on road and was curious does anyone balance vta or any on road cars for that matter? I was curious if it helped at all?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #13131
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
Im kind of new to on road and was curious does anyone balance vta or any on road cars for that matter? I was curious if it helped at all?
I do and I know others do....with my driving ability (or lack of) I dont think it matters lol. But every little bit helps I guess
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #13132
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Just curious but why the 100 gram weight difference? Thats the only thing that doesnt make sense to me

EDIT: Damn thread broken again
The original minimum weight limit for VTA (pre 9/1/2010) and the current ROAR Vintage Trans-AM rules minimum weight is 1450 minimum weight. Since this is a ROAR race, Mikes has to run ROAR Rules even for the VTA exhibition class. Andrew requested 25.5 motors to be more in line with USVTA rules but ROAR can not be seen to favor one manufacturer over another so that is why they will never specify a specific brand of motor for a class. I also have a feeling that ROAR will change their Vintage Trans AM rules to be closer to USVTA rules. When they originally adopted the USVTA rules, they made them more generic to not specify any manufacturers but they are pretty much an exact copy of the 9/7/2008 USVTA Rules

Please note that I am NOT an official for this race and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop in any official capacity, just a local Mikes racer passing along information. If you need official information, please contact Andrew through the Carpet Nats thread.
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
Old 12-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #13133
Tech Elite

Yeah I was just curious and thought you being a racer there you might know is all, and seemed kinda odd rule difference but makes some sense now. I wont race there due to distance of course, and was just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
The original minimum weight limit for VTA (pre 9/1/2010) and the current ROAR Vintage Trans-AM rules minimum weight is 1450 minimum weight. Since this is a ROAR race, Mikes has to run ROAR Rules even for the VTA exhibition class. Andrew requested 25.5 motors to be more in line with USVTA rules but ROAR can not be seen to favor one manufacturer over another so that is why they will never specify a specific brand of motor for a class. I also have a feeling that ROAR will change their Vintage Trans AM rules to be closer to USVTA rules. When they originally adopted the USVTA rules, they made them more generic to not specify any manufacturers but they are pretty much an exact copy of the 9/7/2008 USVTA Rules

Please note that I am NOT an official for this race and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop in any official capacity, just a local Mikes racer passing along information. If you need official information, please contact Andrew through the Carpet Nats thread.
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 12-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #13134
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok..thanks for the clear pics....I hope soon that the ROAR guys start to see this as a handicap for the VTA class as a whole...one set of rules is the better option for any class, and USVTA rules is by far the best set of rules in all of RC...period...

I hope the event is awsome and plenty od VTA guys come and show what VTA racing is all about...rep the class as it should and show the ROAR Carpet Nats what VTA can do for the event...

Good luck
Myron Battman Kinnard

wtf...its acting up again...good while it lasted...

Hey Rob, what about the Scale Nats?...dying to goto a big VTA and USGT race where all I have to do is race...
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 12-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #13135
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
ok..thanks for the clear pics....I hope soon that the ROAR guys start to see this as a handicap for the VTA class as a whole...one set of rules is the better option for any class, and USVTA rules is by far the best set of rules in all of RC...period...

I hope the event is awsome and plenty od VTA guys come and show what VTA racing is all about...rep the class as it should and show the ROAR Carpet Nats what VTA can do for the event...

Good luck
Myron Battman Kinnard

wtf...its acting up again...good while it lasted...

Hey Rob, what about the Scale Nats?...dying to goto a big VTA and USGT race where all I have to do is race...
I believe that ROAR will change their Vintage Trans-Am rules this year to just a 25.5 & 2S lipos and maybe change to a 1550 grams minimum weight. They may even change the Sportsman ESC rules to ESCs that are unable to alter timing or have firmware updatable by the end user but they will never specify a specific brand of anything so they are not seen as playing favorites. They may start an approval process similar to their other approval programs but they will never limit components to one manufacturer (unless only one manufacturer passes their product submission process). Just see section 8.10.10 of the 2010 ROAR rulebook. They mimic the 9/7/2008 USVTA rules but took all specific manufacturers references and part numbers out.

My VTA car is currently USVTA compliant except for a driver figure and it will have the figure before the ROAR Race. I will be encouraging all of our local racers to be fully USVTA compliant including driver figures by the time of the race to show what USVTA is all about but some of our local drivers have other brands of 25.5s so there may be some that are not.

Please note that I am NOT an official for the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop or the local ROAR Race Committee in any official capacity, just a local Mikes racer passing along information. If you need any official information on the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals, please contact Andrew Doherty or Mike Darnell through the contact information in the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats thread.
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
Old 12-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #13136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Fixed! Please report any further issues.

Paul
The redirect errors are back if you're using Chrome. I don't use IE so I can't say if that's a problem or not.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
Old 12-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #13137
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

getting the redirect errors in firefox again now too
VTA, 1/10 nitro, touring, USGT, F1, and more!
www.speedworldraceway.com
Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #13138
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Fixed! Please report any further issues.

Paul
nice try - still broken...and i'm using IE

what's the deal and why doesn't it automatically fix itself???
Old 01-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #13139
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default link

Not working for me either. Using Firefox.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #13140
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post

Please note that I am NOT an official for the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop or the local ROAR Race Committee in any official capacity, just a local Mikes racer passing along information. If you need any official information on the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals, please contact Andrew Doherty or Mike Darnell through the contact information in the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats thread.
LOL Having the disclaimer in every post actually makes me laugh. But sadly, any more you have to or your bound to be blamed for something....speaking from experience
Brooksphotodesign.net
Closed Thread