R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #13126
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,572
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

good job on vta being at the Nats...can you post the excat rules, for the event?...and Im just curious, since its being billed as a expo class, why couldnt they went with full USVTA rules....I think everytime VTA is offered not under USVTA rules the turn-out is small...

this isnt a flame or dead horse...just looking for info...thanks

these pics are of the USVTA Southern Nationals and USVTA Scale Championships...both full USVTA rules..
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-p1020100.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-usvta_2009_002.jpg  
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #13127
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

ROAR cannot favor one manufacturers products over another, so any 25.5 that meets regulations is allowed, same thing for ESCs, yadda yadda.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #13128
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
good job on vta being at the Nats...can you post the excat rules, for the event?...and Im just curious, since its being billed as a expo class, why couldnt they went with full USVTA rules....I think everytime VTA is offered not under USVTA rules the turn-out is small...

this isnt a flame or dead horse...just looking for info...thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
ROAR cannot favor one manufacturers products over another, so any 25.5 that meets regulations is allowed, same thing for ESCs, yadda yadda.
Here are the posted rules from the 1st page of the ROAR Carpet Nationals thread.

25.5 VTA
Any 25.5
ROAR Sportsman ESC's
ROAR Legal 2s Lipo
1450 weight limit
Single 8 minute main


We run "almost" USVTA rules due to issues with getting Novak 25.5s when we started. Most of the local VTA drivers are fully USVTA compliant except for a driver figure (including my VTA car). We also have an addendum to allow the HPI Sprint 2 box stock for newbes starting out. Here are our local rules that differ from USVTA Rules:

Any make 25.5 brushless with 2C LiPo. Only physical motor timing advance is allowed, however Ballistic motors must not be advanced beyond the last timing mark on the sticker.

Weight Specification:
Minimum 1450g in race-ready trim

Mikes does not require a driver figure

We have the following addendum to the rules to allow the HPI Sprint 2 69 Camaro to run.

NEWCOMERS ADDENDUM:

If you have recently purchased a RTR HPI Sprint from Mikes and are new to VTA we welcome you to race with us! You are welcome to use the car straight out of the box! Once you have finished in the top 3 during a qualifier or a main event where 4 or more people finished racing at Mike's, we expect that you will then bring your car into accordance with the rules above. The RTR HPI Sprint will require a new lipo, motor, and ESC as listed above to be compliant.
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #13129
Tech Elite
 
Flying Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ringgold, GA
Posts: 4,452
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Just curious but why the 100 gram weight difference? Thats the only thing that doesnt make sense to me


EDIT: Damn thread broken again
__________________
MONKEY BUSINESS RACING
Flinging poo at a track near you! Winning hearts and minds everywhere!
www.graphicmonkeydesigns.com
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #13130
Tech Elite
 
redron123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,624
Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Default

Im kind of new to on road and was curious does anyone balance vta or any on road cars for that matter? I was curious if it helped at all?
__________________
check it out ----> www.ddatvinc.weebly.com D & D ATV PARTS INC.
redron123 is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #13131
Tech Elite
 
Flying Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ringgold, GA
Posts: 4,452
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
Im kind of new to on road and was curious does anyone balance vta or any on road cars for that matter? I was curious if it helped at all?
I do and I know others do....with my driving ability (or lack of) I dont think it matters lol. But every little bit helps I guess
__________________
MONKEY BUSINESS RACING
Flinging poo at a track near you! Winning hearts and minds everywhere!
www.graphicmonkeydesigns.com
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #13132
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Just curious but why the 100 gram weight difference? Thats the only thing that doesnt make sense to me


EDIT: Damn thread broken again
The original minimum weight limit for VTA (pre 9/1/2010) and the current ROAR Vintage Trans-AM rules minimum weight is 1450 minimum weight. Since this is a ROAR race, Mikes has to run ROAR Rules even for the VTA exhibition class. Andrew requested 25.5 motors to be more in line with USVTA rules but ROAR can not be seen to favor one manufacturer over another so that is why they will never specify a specific brand of motor for a class. I also have a feeling that ROAR will change their Vintage Trans AM rules to be closer to USVTA rules. When they originally adopted the USVTA rules, they made them more generic to not specify any manufacturers but they are pretty much an exact copy of the 9/7/2008 USVTA Rules

Please note that I am NOT an official for this race and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop in any official capacity, just a local Mikes racer passing along information. If you need official information, please contact Andrew through the Carpet Nats thread.
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #13133
Tech Elite
 
Flying Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ringgold, GA
Posts: 4,452
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Yeah I was just curious and thought you being a racer there you might know is all, and seemed kinda odd rule difference but makes some sense now. I wont race there due to distance of course, and was just wondering.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
The original minimum weight limit for VTA (pre 9/1/2010) and the current ROAR Vintage Trans-AM rules minimum weight is 1450 minimum weight. Since this is a ROAR race, Mikes has to run ROAR Rules even for the VTA exhibition class. Andrew requested 25.5 motors to be more in line with USVTA rules but ROAR can not be seen to favor one manufacturer over another so that is why they will never specify a specific brand of motor for a class. I also have a feeling that ROAR will change their Vintage Trans AM rules to be closer to USVTA rules. When they originally adopted the USVTA rules, they made them more generic to not specify any manufacturers but they are pretty much an exact copy of the 9/7/2008 USVTA Rules

Please note that I am NOT an official for this race and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop in any official capacity, just a local Mikes racer passing along information. If you need official information, please contact Andrew through the Carpet Nats thread.
__________________
MONKEY BUSINESS RACING
Flinging poo at a track near you! Winning hearts and minds everywhere!
www.graphicmonkeydesigns.com
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #13134
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,572
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

ok..thanks for the clear pics....I hope soon that the ROAR guys start to see this as a handicap for the VTA class as a whole...one set of rules is the better option for any class, and USVTA rules is by far the best set of rules in all of RC...period...

I hope the event is awsome and plenty od VTA guys come and show what VTA racing is all about...rep the class as it should and show the ROAR Carpet Nats what VTA can do for the event...

Good luck
Myron Battman Kinnard

wtf...its acting up again...good while it lasted...

Hey Rob, what about the Scale Nats?...dying to goto a big VTA and USGT race where all I have to do is race...
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #13135
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
ok..thanks for the clear pics....I hope soon that the ROAR guys start to see this as a handicap for the VTA class as a whole...one set of rules is the better option for any class, and USVTA rules is by far the best set of rules in all of RC...period...

I hope the event is awsome and plenty od VTA guys come and show what VTA racing is all about...rep the class as it should and show the ROAR Carpet Nats what VTA can do for the event...

Good luck
Myron Battman Kinnard

wtf...its acting up again...good while it lasted...

Hey Rob, what about the Scale Nats?...dying to goto a big VTA and USGT race where all I have to do is race...
I believe that ROAR will change their Vintage Trans-Am rules this year to just a 25.5 & 2S lipos and maybe change to a 1550 grams minimum weight. They may even change the Sportsman ESC rules to ESCs that are unable to alter timing or have firmware updatable by the end user but they will never specify a specific brand of anything so they are not seen as playing favorites. They may start an approval process similar to their other approval programs but they will never limit components to one manufacturer (unless only one manufacturer passes their product submission process). Just see section 8.10.10 of the 2010 ROAR rulebook. They mimic the 9/7/2008 USVTA rules but took all specific manufacturers references and part numbers out.

My VTA car is currently USVTA compliant except for a driver figure and it will have the figure before the ROAR Race. I will be encouraging all of our local racers to be fully USVTA compliant including driver figures by the time of the race to show what USVTA is all about but some of our local drivers have other brands of 25.5s so there may be some that are not.

Please note that I am NOT an official for the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop or the local ROAR Race Committee in any official capacity, just a local Mikes racer passing along information. If you need any official information on the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals, please contact Andrew Doherty or Mike Darnell through the contact information in the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats thread.
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #13136
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Fixed! Please report any further issues.

Paul
The redirect errors are back if you're using Chrome. I don't use IE so I can't say if that's a problem or not.
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #13137
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: northern california
Posts: 907
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

getting the redirect errors in firefox again now too
__________________
I race at:
SpeedWorld Raceway
Roseville / Sacramento, California
VTA, 1/10 nitro, touring, USGT, F1, and more!
www.speedworldraceway.com
slashdriver is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #13138
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Fixed! Please report any further issues.

Paul
nice try - still broken...and i'm using IE

what's the deal and why doesn't it automatically fix itself???
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #13139
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default link

Not working for me either. Using Firefox.
jgraham37128 is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #13140
Tech Elite
 
Flying Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ringgold, GA
Posts: 4,452
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post

Please note that I am NOT an official for the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop or the local ROAR Race Committee in any official capacity, just a local Mikes racer passing along information. If you need any official information on the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals, please contact Andrew Doherty or Mike Darnell through the contact information in the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats thread.
LOL Having the disclaimer in every post actually makes me laugh. But sadly, any more you have to or your bound to be blamed for something....speaking from experience
__________________
MONKEY BUSINESS RACING
Flinging poo at a track near you! Winning hearts and minds everywhere!
www.graphicmonkeydesigns.com
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net