Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 AM
  #12991  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,625
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Not sure, but what was the verdict on the rules?...Full USVTA?...or some various house/ROAR rules?
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 07:51 AM
  #12992  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Not sure, but what was the verdict on the rules?...Full USVTA?...or some various house/ROAR rules?
I still have to confirm this with the ROAR Committee, but we are petitioning to use full USVTA rules. Since it could be an exhibition class we want to make it as easy as possible for out-of-towners to know what the setup requirements are going to be for VTA.

By the way, read this excellent report about Mike's Hobby Shop...
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...c23ecad0b66f46
wwddww34 is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
  #12993  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
You cant honestly believe you can rely on a forum on whether or not to have a class do you? Not EVERY VTA racer comes to this thread, not every racer is even on rctech. Your limiting yourself A LOT if your solely basing it on this
No. I'm not counting on this forum to give me a 100% count for how many people could be showing up for a possible VTA Expo Class. I know that not every VTA racer looks at this thread. But for what it counts there are at least a handful of VTA racers from 5 or 6 different states that check this thread regularly. So if those 8 or 9 VTA racers expressed interest in traveling to Dallas Texas to participate in a VTA Expo Class, then there would be a better chance that the ROAR Committee could add it to the Carpet Nationals' schedule.

All I want for Christmas this year is a VTA Exhibition class offered at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats. on March 16 - 18 in Dallas TX.
wwddww34 is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 03:13 PM
  #12994  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,625
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

IMO...you can have the class and make it great, as long as its USVTA rules...

and also since its a Expo "class"...what is the reward?...trophy, reconition, ect?...Ive never been to the ROAR Carpet Nats....but Ive been to the Scale Nats and the Southern Nats...and both are true VTA events with great turn-out....

I think if you give more info on the class/event ppl will more pick more intrest....trust me, to get a good turn-out, it takes alot of work and trust that the event will have everything...
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 05:00 PM
  #12995  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,815
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wwddww34
I still have to confirm this with the ROAR Committee, but we are petitioning to use full USVTA rules. Since it could be an exhibition class we want to make it as easy as possible for out-of-towners to know what the setup requirements are going to be for VTA.

By the way, read this excellent report about Mike's Hobby Shop...
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...c23ecad0b66f46
David, I know you have your heart in the right spot and want to be a part of VTA at the Nationals, but representing yourself the way you do can be misleading for people to whom you are the only representative for Mike's Hobby Shop or for that matter VTA racing. For example when you say "we" are petitioning for full USVTA, who is the "we" and where are you getting the information? I personally have a pit room across from you and see you 2+ days a week have not once had you petition for full USVTA. Are you calling Schuur, Babcock, Hill or Pond?

Here's our current progress concerning whether to run VTA, and if so the rules for the carpet nats. Our track reps and ROAR have discussed more than one possibility of rule sets for VTA as well as other exhibition classes. We are close to making a decision, and I really think that while the decision will obviously not make everyone happy, that as much as I am capable of influencing it, the decision that is made will be in the best interest of R/C racing in North America as a whole; Not just best for Mike's, or best for die hard USVTA/F1/USGT/Barbie Jeep racers, or best for ROAR. We all read the negative posts about our sanctioning body. Its easy to do. It takes a dedicated racer to accept what they can't change, and put a full effort into changing what they can.


What can you do to accomplish positive change in the areas you think need change?
andrewdoherty is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 08:12 PM
  #12996  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GP40X
He may be in the same boat I am. ROAR approved batteries that the labels have come off. Good enough for local club racing but won't pass tech at a national championship race. My good Hudy battery tape has mangled the labels on my Gen ACE ROAR approved 40C 5000MAH 2S packs and stripped most of the printing off of my ROAR approved Venom packs. Next pair of packs are getting shrink wrapped with clear battery pack shrink wrap and will only be cut off when it is time for tech so ROAR can mark the batteries legal for the Nats.
I have one of those. Actually it was shrink wrapped from the factory and the ROAR aproval label was over the shrink wrap. Of course all it takes is one good slide across the asphalt to chew up the shrink wrap and there goes your ROAR approval sticker. Oh well. I know that its a legal battery and I use it for what ever I run. Next time I strap them in better.

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
We are close to making a decision, and I really think that while the decision will obviously not make everyone happy, that as much as I am capable of influencing it, the decision that is made will be in the best interest of R/C racing in North America as a whole; Not just best for Mike's, or best for die hard USVTA/F1/USGT/Barbie Jeep racers, or best for ROAR. We all read the negative posts about our sanctioning body. Its easy to do. It takes a dedicated racer to accept what they can't change, and put a full effort into changing what they can.


What can you do to accomplish positive change in the areas you think need change?
Ok Im doing my best not to run with the Barbie Jeep thing. Stay serious. Staaaaay serious. Stay....

As a life long Barbie Jeep racer I am not sure I care for what you are implying. It is not fair that you would suggest that we are not dedicated and that we contribute to all of the negative post out there on the forum. Plus you know that it can be very frustrating to race in a class that is never taken seriously. Its very difficult to race in a field of cars that all look alike. Then if you flip your Jeep you get Barbie's hair all messed up and junk.
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 08:21 PM
  #12997  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (10)
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Ok Im doing my best not to run with the Barbie Jeep thing. Stay serious. Staaaaay serious. Stay....

As a life long Barbie Jeep racer I am not sure I care for what you are implying. It is not fair that you would suggest that we are not dedicated and that we contribute to all of the negative post out there on the forum. Plus you know that it can be very frustrating to race in a class that is never taken seriously. Its very difficult to race in a field of cars that all look alike. Then if you flip your Jeep you get Barbie's hair all messed up and junk.
ROTFLMAO
GP40X is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 09:35 PM
  #12998  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
beemerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,711
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
...or best for die hard USVTA/F1/USGT/Barbie Jeep racers...

What can you do to accomplish positive change in the areas you think need change?
Oh how I wish I had a (Tamiya) Wild Willy to stage this photo. But then again, she might drive the Willy a little wild

More seriously though, one possible response to your final question would be to avoid making condescending comments about classes that made racing fun again.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-barbie-wave.jpg  
beemerfan is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
  #12999  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,815
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I have one of those. Actually it was shrink wrapped from the factory and the ROAR aproval label was over the shrink wrap. Of course all it takes is one good slide across the asphalt to chew up the shrink wrap and there goes your ROAR approval sticker. Oh well. I know that its a legal battery and I use it for what ever I run. Next time I strap them in better.



Ok Im doing my best not to run with the Barbie Jeep thing. Stay serious. Staaaaay serious. Stay....

As a life long Barbie Jeep racer I am not sure I care for what you are implying. It is not fair that you would suggest that we are not dedicated and that we contribute to all of the negative post out there on the forum. Plus you know that it can be very frustrating to race in a class that is never taken seriously. Its very difficult to race in a field of cars that all look alike. Then if you flip your Jeep you get Barbie's hair all messed up and junk.
Glad to see we all still have our sense of humor!
andrewdoherty is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 PM
  #13000  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,815
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by beemerfan
Oh how I wish I had a (Tamiya) Wild Willy to stage this photo. But then again, she might drive the Willy a little wild

More seriously though, one possible response to your final question would be to avoid making condescending comments about classes that made racing fun again.
I 'm not sure I am reading you inflection/internet accent right so please take this at face value. The post was directed at one person who I race with, not VTA racers as a whole. I tried make that clear by addressing him by name at the beginning of the post. The Barbie part was just to inject a sense of play and by no means did I intend it as condescending. My sincerest apologies if it came across that way to you.
andrewdoherty is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 12:52 PM
  #13001  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,207
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Everybody knows that the Barbie Jeep class died when they went to 25.5 motors...
robk is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 PM
  #13002  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,919
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by robk
Everybody knows that the Barbie Jeep class died when they went to 25.5 motors...
it just doesn't look right on my Barbie Jeep if the hair isn't straight back in the breeze, that requires 13.5 2S Boosted.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
  #13003  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Ok Im doing my best not to run with the Barbie Jeep thing. Stay serious. Staaaaay serious. Stay....

As a life long Barbie Jeep racer I am not sure I care for what you are implying. It is not fair that you would suggest that we are not dedicated and that we contribute to all of the negative post out there on the forum. Plus you know that it can be very frustrating to race in a class that is never taken seriously. Its very difficult to race in a field of cars that all look alike. Then if you flip your Jeep you get Barbie's hair all messed up and junk.[/QUOTE]


Try being a Barbie Corvette racer. We get no respect. Stupid spec plastic tires never get traction on the asphalt. At least you can run in the dirt and grass.
6376vette is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM
  #13004  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,625
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

yall laughing...I got these on my shelf...
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 08:05 PM
  #13005  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

anyone have a good vta setup for high bite carpet with a tc4?

Thanks!
gguertin145 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.