R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #12991
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not sure, but what was the verdict on the rules?...Full USVTA?...or some various house/ROAR rules?
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 12-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #12992
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
Not sure, but what was the verdict on the rules?...Full USVTA?...or some various house/ROAR rules?
I still have to confirm this with the ROAR Committee, but we are petitioning to use full USVTA rules. Since it could be an exhibition class we want to make it as easy as possible for out-of-towners to know what the setup requirements are going to be for VTA.

By the way, read this excellent report about Mike's Hobby Shop...
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...c23ecad0b66f46
Old 12-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #12993
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
You cant honestly believe you can rely on a forum on whether or not to have a class do you? Not EVERY VTA racer comes to this thread, not every racer is even on rctech. Your limiting yourself A LOT if your solely basing it on this
No. I'm not counting on this forum to give me a 100% count for how many people could be showing up for a possible VTA Expo Class. I know that not every VTA racer looks at this thread. But for what it counts there are at least a handful of VTA racers from 5 or 6 different states that check this thread regularly. So if those 8 or 9 VTA racers expressed interest in traveling to Dallas Texas to participate in a VTA Expo Class, then there would be a better chance that the ROAR Committee could add it to the Carpet Nationals' schedule.

All I want for Christmas this year is a VTA Exhibition class offered at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats. on March 16 - 18 in Dallas TX.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #12994
Tech Champion

IMO...you can have the class and make it great, as long as its USVTA rules...

and also since its a Expo "class"...what is the reward?...trophy, reconition, ect?...Ive never been to the ROAR Carpet Nats....but Ive been to the Scale Nats and the Southern Nats...and both are true VTA events with great turn-out....

I think if you give more info on the class/event ppl will more pick more intrest....trust me, to get a good turn-out, it takes alot of work and trust that the event will have everything...
Old 12-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #12995
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
I still have to confirm this with the ROAR Committee, but we are petitioning to use full USVTA rules. Since it could be an exhibition class we want to make it as easy as possible for out-of-towners to know what the setup requirements are going to be for VTA.

By the way, read this excellent report about Mike's Hobby Shop...
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...c23ecad0b66f46
David, I know you have your heart in the right spot and want to be a part of VTA at the Nationals, but representing yourself the way you do can be misleading for people to whom you are the only representative for Mike's Hobby Shop or for that matter VTA racing. For example when you say "we" are petitioning for full USVTA, who is the "we" and where are you getting the information? I personally have a pit room across from you and see you 2+ days a week have not once had you petition for full USVTA. Are you calling Schuur, Babcock, Hill or Pond?

Here's our current progress concerning whether to run VTA, and if so the rules for the carpet nats. Our track reps and ROAR have discussed more than one possibility of rule sets for VTA as well as other exhibition classes. We are close to making a decision, and I really think that while the decision will obviously not make everyone happy, that as much as I am capable of influencing it, the decision that is made will be in the best interest of R/C racing in North America as a whole; Not just best for Mike's, or best for die hard USVTA/F1/USGT/Barbie Jeep racers, or best for ROAR. We all read the negative posts about our sanctioning body. Its easy to do. It takes a dedicated racer to accept what they can't change, and put a full effort into changing what they can.

What can you do to accomplish positive change in the areas you think need change?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
Old 12-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #12996
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
He may be in the same boat I am. ROAR approved batteries that the labels have come off. Good enough for local club racing but won't pass tech at a national championship race. My good Hudy battery tape has mangled the labels on my Gen ACE ROAR approved 40C 5000MAH 2S packs and stripped most of the printing off of my ROAR approved Venom packs. Next pair of packs are getting shrink wrapped with clear battery pack shrink wrap and will only be cut off when it is time for tech so ROAR can mark the batteries legal for the Nats.
I have one of those. Actually it was shrink wrapped from the factory and the ROAR aproval label was over the shrink wrap. Of course all it takes is one good slide across the asphalt to chew up the shrink wrap and there goes your ROAR approval sticker. Oh well. I know that its a legal battery and I use it for what ever I run. Next time I strap them in better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
We are close to making a decision, and I really think that while the decision will obviously not make everyone happy, that as much as I am capable of influencing it, the decision that is made will be in the best interest of R/C racing in North America as a whole; Not just best for Mike's, or best for die hard USVTA/F1/USGT/Barbie Jeep racers, or best for ROAR. We all read the negative posts about our sanctioning body. Its easy to do. It takes a dedicated racer to accept what they can't change, and put a full effort into changing what they can.

What can you do to accomplish positive change in the areas you think need change?
Ok Im doing my best not to run with the Barbie Jeep thing. Stay serious. Staaaaay serious. Stay....

As a life long Barbie Jeep racer I am not sure I care for what you are implying. It is not fair that you would suggest that we are not dedicated and that we contribute to all of the negative post out there on the forum. Plus you know that it can be very frustrating to race in a class that is never taken seriously. Its very difficult to race in a field of cars that all look alike. Then if you flip your Jeep you get Barbie's hair all messed up and junk.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #12997
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Ok Im doing my best not to run with the Barbie Jeep thing. Stay serious. Staaaaay serious. Stay....

As a life long Barbie Jeep racer I am not sure I care for what you are implying. It is not fair that you would suggest that we are not dedicated and that we contribute to all of the negative post out there on the forum. Plus you know that it can be very frustrating to race in a class that is never taken seriously. Its very difficult to race in a field of cars that all look alike. Then if you flip your Jeep you get Barbie's hair all messed up and junk.
ROTFLMAO
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
Old 12-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #12998
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
...or best for die hard USVTA/F1/USGT/Barbie Jeep racers...

Oh how I wish I had a (Tamiya) Wild Willy to stage this photo. But then again, she might drive the Willy a little wild

More seriously though, one possible response to your final question would be to avoid making condescending comments about classes that made racing fun again.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-barbie-wave.jpg  
Old 12-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #12999
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I have one of those. Actually it was shrink wrapped from the factory and the ROAR aproval label was over the shrink wrap. Of course all it takes is one good slide across the asphalt to chew up the shrink wrap and there goes your ROAR approval sticker. Oh well. I know that its a legal battery and I use it for what ever I run. Next time I strap them in better.

Glad to see we all still have our sense of humor!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #13000
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerfan View Post
Oh how I wish I had a (Tamiya) Wild Willy to stage this photo. But then again, she might drive the Willy a little wild

More seriously though, one possible response to your final question would be to avoid making condescending comments about classes that made racing fun again.
I 'm not sure I am reading you inflection/internet accent right so please take this at face value. The post was directed at one person who I race with, not VTA racers as a whole. I tried make that clear by addressing him by name at the beginning of the post. The Barbie part was just to inject a sense of play and by no means did I intend it as condescending. My sincerest apologies if it came across that way to you.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #13001
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Everybody knows that the Barbie Jeep class died when they went to 25.5 motors...

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 12-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #13002
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Everybody knows that the Barbie Jeep class died when they went to 25.5 motors...
it just doesn't look right on my Barbie Jeep if the hair isn't straight back in the breeze, that requires 13.5 2S Boosted.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #13003
Tech Master

As a life long Barbie Jeep racer I am not sure I care for what you are implying. It is not fair that you would suggest that we are not dedicated and that we contribute to all of the negative post out there on the forum. Plus you know that it can be very frustrating to race in a class that is never taken seriously. Its very difficult to race in a field of cars that all look alike. Then if you flip your Jeep you get Barbie's hair all messed up and junk.[/QUOTE]

Try being a Barbie Corvette racer. We get no respect. Stupid spec plastic tires never get traction on the asphalt. At least you can run in the dirt and grass.
Serpent S120 13.5
Old 12-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #13004
Tech Champion

yall laughing...I got these on my shelf...
Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #13005
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anyone have a good vta setup for high bite carpet with a tc4?

Thanks!
Closed Thread