Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #12871
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
Anyone else run a xray t3 10 or 11 for vta car? I am ordering new wheels,rubber and i see that hpi has different offsets. I wanted to know which offsets to order and still stay legal? I also wanted know if it would help the car at all or should i stick with the 0 offsets?
doesn't matter the chassis...ALL VTA wheels are the same

26mm - FRONTS - have a 0mm offset
31mm - REARS - have a +6mm offset

26mm belong in the front (and required by rules)
31mm belong in the rear (ditto)

makes things nice and easy, huh??
Old 11-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #12872
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
doesn't matter the chassis...ALL VTA wheels are the same

26mm - FRONTS - have a 0mm offset
31mm - REARS - have a +6mm offset

26mm belong in the front (and required by rules)
31mm belong in the rear (ditto)

makes things nice and easy, huh??
Well a main had them marked weird and it seemed like some were different offsets than others.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #12873
Tech Elite

Talking A different Trans Am format

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
We should start a petition to switch it to 10 min heats and 15 min mains for next year. (or some other time variation) Since the battery is no longer a limiting factor, why not? I'd rather race a little longer anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Do it locally and see how it works out. If it does well you might get Rob to take a look at it. I think the length of the race is more of a local format anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I think that if longer races work for you, go for it. Really, the race times were set to make people race longer races than what was standard, so why not?

As far as the capacity limit, it's possible that may be changed in the future. Right now, we're going to stand on what we have however.
Here's what we've done for our Fall Wednesday Night series to try something different. First round is an open 20 minute qualifying session. Sort by the average fast 5 laps and set up double mains. Second round is mains, 8 minute "A" & 5 minute lower mains, inverted starts. Third round is mains. 10 minute "A" & 6 minute lower mains, start by the finish of the second round mains. Add up the two mains to figure the overall winner, total time is the tie-breaker.

It's been really fun and close, most times you see "A" & "B" times separated by hundredths and even thousandths.

Tim Ski
ROAR NATS - '16 & '09 Electric Offroad/'14 & '08 Carpet Onroad/'11 1/8 Electric
'16, '11, '08 BRL NOVAK National Finals
Old 11-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #12874
Tech Elite

Hey gang....Look for SJCCR to be full on USVTA for the 2012 outdoor season! We were going to do it last season, but we opted to support the ROAR Nats that was in our state (New Jersey), since it was a big deal for our area....

FYI, last season we ran 12 minute "A" mains with 21.5's and there was no dropoff what-so-ever!

Once, we even let them go after the 12 minutes to see what we could get out of them, and went 20 minutes+ before I pulled them in, so we could finish other classes....LOL

Next year, we're going with the 25.5's, so yes, even LONGER qualifiers/mains are in the works.....
Old 11-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #12875
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyPLEX View Post
Here's what we've done for our Fall Wednesday Night series to try something different. First round is an open 20 minute qualifying session. Sort by the average fast 5 laps and set up double mains. Second round is mains, 8 minute "A" & 5 minute lower mains, inverted starts. Third round is mains. 10 minute "A" & 6 minute lower mains, start by the finish of the second round mains. Add up the two mains to figure the overall winner, total time is the tie-breaker.

It's been really fun and close, most times you see "A" & "B" times separated by hundredths and even thousandths.

Tim Ski
That seems complicated. Does RC Scoring pro sort that for you?
Old 11-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #12876
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
help me!!!!!
CVD's for a Sprint 2 does not sound like a hard part to find. Do you have a local hobby shop? They should be able to get this for you. Most kits use the same part front and rear even though its not unheard of to have them be different. Do you have your original manual so that you can look up the part number. Even if you dont you should be able to find a PDF. of the manual online.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #12877
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
i got an hpi sprint 2 sport with all the graphite chassis and towers, ball diff. i need the right cvds for the front an the rear, the rear is different than the front. i need the correct front cvds for my car, thats all i need for the chassis. i will be run a novak system. and a shorty 2s lipo unless u guys know of a very thin 2s lipo to run cause of the belt clearance.

please help!!!!!!!!
Quote:
help me!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
To my knowledge the Sprint 2 was made for saddle packs. You can get those in 2s Lipo just about anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
CVD's for a Sprint 2 does not sound like a hard part to find. Do you have a local hobby shop? They should be able to get this for you. Most kits use the same part front and rear even though its not unheard of to have them be different. Do you have your original manual so that you can look up the part number. Even if you dont you should be able to find a PDF. of the manual online.
The HPI Sprint 2 Sport is an updated sportsman edition of a HPI RS4 Pro 2

HPI RS4 Pro 2 archive page on the HPI website

The pro 2 was originally designed for Saddle packs. The Sprint 2 Sport graphite chassis is basically a Pro 2 chassis. HPI sells CVDs for the Sprint 2. If you have a LHS that orders from Horizion (any Hobby Town USA) or Great Plains Distributors (Tower) you should be able to get them

If you only online order, Tower & A Main usually has them.

BTW HPI calls them Universal Dog Bones. The part number is 86043
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #12878
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

More USVTA action. We had a great turnout for black Friday. 35 cars total and 8 USVTA cars.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #12879
Tech Fanatic

What gear ratios are you using with the 25.5T ? Whats a good starting point ?? Dont see a limit in the rules like the 21.5 had.

Is there a "preferred" esc from the allowed list ??
Old 11-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #12880
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojna View Post
What gear ratios are you using with the 25.5T ? Whats a good starting point ?? Dont see a limit in the rules like the 21.5 had.

I believe that the gear ratios that they like for 25.5 is about 4:1 final drive ratio, big pinions and tiny spurs. The ESC just has to be of the sort that wont boost the motor, and weight doesn't matter because the legal weight for a VTA car is so high you have to basically cover the chassis in weights to get there.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #12881
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
The HPI Sprint 2 Sport is an updated sportsman edition of a HPI RS4 Pro 2

HPI RS4 Pro 2 archive page on the HPI website

The pro 2 was originally designed for Saddle packs. The Sprint 2 Sport graphite chassis is basically a Pro 2 chassis. HPI sells CVDs for the Sprint 2. If you have a LHS that orders from Horizion (any Hobby Town USA) or Great Plains Distributors (Tower) you should be able to get them

If you only online order, Tower & A Main usually has them.

BTW HPI calls them Universal Dog Bones. The part number is 86043
Thanks for doing the homework on this.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #12882
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:

It really all depends on your track. ours is very tight and a lot of stop and go driving so a FDR of 4.5 is about as high as you can go with out overheating

now I have driven on a different track where it was more open and you could actually hold a corner at speed and I was able to go as high as 3.78 (keeping in mind the lower the FDR # the higher the top speed)

So to be safe check what other are using at your track and go from there

I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #12883
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeadman View Post
It really all depends on your track. ours is very tight and a lot of stop and go driving so a FDR of 4.5 is about as high as you can go with out overheating

now I have driven on a different track where it was more open and you could actually hold a corner at speed and I was able to go as high as 3.78 (keeping in mind the lower the FDR # the higher the top speed)

So to be safe check what other are using at your track and go from there
Thanks for the help, with the 21.5 the rule was 4.2 if I remember.

Thats a problem in central florida, nobody runs VTA so cant ask around. Snowbirds are getting close so want to get ready, last time I ran vta was with 21.5 and open esc's. So need to get a new esc and pick up some more pinions
Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 AM   #12884
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Thats a problem in central florida, nobody runs VTA so cant ask around. Snowbirds are getting close so want to get ready, last time I ran vta was with 21.5 and open esc's. So need to get a new esc and pick up some more pinions
HEY ! Who you callin' "nobody" ?! We've been racing VTA for 3 years and it's still our biggest class.
If I can help, just ask. Or better yet, come race with us.
Jdeadman was right. gearing depends on track but 4.0-4.2 is good for our 40x80 asphalt tight layout. Motor temps in the 120's to 130's are the norm.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #12885
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
HEY ! Who you callin' "nobody" ?! We've been racing VTA for 3 years and it's still our biggest class.
If I can help, just ask. Or better yet, come race with us.
Jdeadman was right. gearing depends on track but 4.0-4.2 is good for our 40x80 asphalt tight layout. Motor temps in the 120's to 130's are the norm.
How many VTA's do you get on Sundays ?? Your only 165mi away
Closed Thread