R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #12361
Tech Addict
 
StarrRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

get VTA on every major event Nation wide

..... You wouldn't be talking about "Snowbird's" would you? ....you sly devil.!.!.!
__________________
Jeff Starr
U.S. Coast Guard (Retired)
Traxxas 4x4 (x2), Associated SC10,
XRay T3 '009 (VTA), XRay T3 '10 (USGT), Tamiya M05 (Mini),
Tekin, Spektrum.
StarrRacing is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #12362
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
looks like major USVTA events are all over the place...that just goes to show how well the rules and the class are doing for VTA....lets get out there and get VTA on every major event Nation wide

CYA at the track with my VTA and USGT cars...
Yep we got the VTA NASCAR Tribute Race OCt 29th at Mikes Hobbies and 2 weeks later we have the 2011 Fall Classic at Mikes with another expected big VTA turnout for that
__________________
Exotek F1Ultra Tamiya TRF101 Speed Passion SP1 and Exotek F1UltraX Prototype.
"TexasTC, the single Greatest RCF1 racer I have ever known" - My mom
"you are a disgrace to RC" - everyone else. TCdoesRC
texastc is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #12363
Tech Master
 
Kregger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,110
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
Looks like PA/NJ/DE/(NY, maybe) is going full USVTA starting this indoor season, which actually kicks off this saturday at Horsham R/C.
I somehow don't see it happeing with the staten island group, but it will probably be brought up again in preparation of next season.
Kregger is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #12364
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregger View Post
I somehow don't see it happeing with the staten island group, but it will probably be brought up again in preparation of next season.
that's why I said maybe for the NY guys
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #12365
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrRacing View Post
get VTA on every major event Nation wide

..... You wouldn't be talking about "Snowbird's" would you? ....you sly devil.!.!.!
we hope so...I dont think major races or promoters are ignoring us any more. I think they understand what VTA can bring to an event. I also think that since the rules have settled in that the "fear" is gone as well. Once we truly have every track USVTA the entire On-road RC community will accept VTA more openly...just like TC or even 12th scale...

Its our job as racers to help support races that have VTA and similar classes. If the big races see that its supported locally and regionally that will open even more doors for VTA to make the "BIG" tyme like Vegas and Birds, and even more....

But we have to continue to support and promote the USVTA at every level to insure that it is given its proper place among RC racing....

USVTA VTA USGT....WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!...BELIEVE THAT!!!!
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #12366
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10
Default USVTA 25.5T

I closed a large on-road track here in Pensacola about 3 years ago. I am about to restart our on-road racing and we have been discussing on our website whether to have a USVTA or a ROAR VTA class and had come to the conclusion that a pure USVTA class may be the right way to go. But, I own two hobby shops and my racing program and stores have to support each other. It seems it would be a bad business decision to start out with a USVTA class with the only legal motor being a 25.5t. Not one distributor has a Novak 25.5T system available. Sure I could buy the motor and an ESC seperately fo $30 more but that wouldn't make sense. There is no ETA on when they will be available, which usually means months not days. It may make the class more competitive but it is a weak link when none are available.

Bill
Hobby Central
hobbycentralrc.com

Last edited by hobbycentral; 09-21-2011 at 08:01 PM.
hobbycentral is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #12367
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I would contact Novak and see what they can do for you...ygpm too
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #12368
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: northern california
Posts: 908
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbycentral View Post
Not one distributor has a Novak 25.5T system available. Sure I could buy the motor and an ESC seperately fo $30 more but that wouldn't make sense. There is no ETA on when they will be available, which usually means months not days. It may make the class more competitive but it is a weak link when none are available.
Bill
Hobby Central
hobbycentralrc.com
Novak will take care of you. call them. They support VTA and "get it." My local hobby shop has had no problems whatsoever getting VTA stuff direct from novak at any time.
__________________
I race at:
SpeedWorld Raceway
Roseville / Sacramento, California
VTA, 1/10 nitro, touring, USGT, F1, and more!
www.speedworldraceway.com
slashdriver is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #12369
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbycentral View Post
I closed a large on-road track here in Pensacola about 3 years ago. I am about to restart our on-road racing and we have been discussing on our website whether to have a USVTA or a ROAR VTA class and had come to the conclusion that a pure USVTA class may be the right way to go. But, I own two hobby shops and my racing program and stores have to support each other. It seems it would be a bad business decision to start out with a USVTA class with the only legal motor being a 25.5t. Not one distributor has a Novak 25.5T system available. Sure I could buy the motor and an ESC seperately fo $30 more but that wouldn't make sense. There is no ETA on when they will be available, which usually means months not days. It may make the class more competitive but it is a weak link when none are available.

Bill
Hobby Central
hobbycentralrc.com
I'm pretty sure that the USVTA specific products are available directly from Novak to the retailer. I think the volume of VTA stuff is not as high, so the distributors don't want to deal with it. I would call Novak directly.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #12370
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10
Default

I will try contacting them direct. Thanks
hobbycentral is offline  
Old 09-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #12371
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,582
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
Is the HW Juststock a legal esc?

no
Myron, it is currently on the ROAR list, both the black and blue models, but like you stated not USVTA approved. So I ordered 2 anyway. I'll put them in the F1 cars for now.

RobK, Any chance this ESC can be added? It is technically the same ESC as the Cirtix, just not rebranded SpeedPassion. And they are in stock unlike the SP version. Same price too, roughly $63.00 each + $15 for a programming card.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #12372
Tech Master
 
Meradin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,299
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I will admit, I haven't read this entire thread but enough of it to get me interested.

I race at a local track and they have a very small indorr carpet setup. I was thinking that a VTA class would be an awesome fit here.

My question comes down to the rules and part availability. I think this is an awesome class as you can pick up a cheap 1/10th scale car used but I see a problem when picking up a motor/esc.

According to the rules posted on the front page, the only allowed motors are novak and the escs are limited as well.

How come Castle creations are not on the list? Just wondering out loud here.

I know when starting the class we could pretty much pick and choose the rules we wish to follow but I'd like to stick as close to a national set as possible.

Just so you know, the ONLY reason I ask about the castle is I like them and have an extra one that I could use!
Meradin is offline  
Old 09-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #12373
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbycentral View Post
I closed a large on-road track here in Pensacola about 3 years ago. I am about to restart our on-road racing and we have been discussing on our website whether to have a USVTA or a ROAR VTA class and had come to the conclusion that a pure USVTA class may be the right way to go. But, I own two hobby shops and my racing program and stores have to support each other. It seems it would be a bad business decision to start out with a USVTA class with the only legal motor being a 25.5t. Not one distributor has a Novak 25.5T system available. Sure I could buy the motor and an ESC seperately fo $30 more but that wouldn't make sense. There is no ETA on when they will be available, which usually means months not days. It may make the class more competitive but it is a weak link when none are available.

Bill
Hobby Central
hobbycentralrc.com
Bill, Get with Novak first.
Novaktwo may respond on the forum but it's worth a call. here's the list of dealers from Novak's site. Clearly they must be getting distributor support or they're buying direct from Novak. Not sure.
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...ler_index.html

Good Luck and nice to see the effort. Going legal IS the best way.
Evoracer is offline  
Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #12374
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Myron, it is currently on the ROAR list, both the black and blue models, but like you stated not USVTA approved. So I ordered 2 anyway. I'll put them in the F1 cars for now.

RobK, Any chance this ESC can be added? It is technically the same ESC as the Cirtix, just not rebranded SpeedPassion. And they are in stock unlike the SP version. Same price too, roughly $63.00 each + $15 for a programming card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
I will admit, I haven't read this entire thread but enough of it to get me interested.

I race at a local track and they have a very small indorr carpet setup. I was thinking that a VTA class would be an awesome fit here.

My question comes down to the rules and part availability. I think this is an awesome class as you can pick up a cheap 1/10th scale car used but I see a problem when picking up a motor/esc.

According to the rules posted on the front page, the only allowed motors are novak and the escs are limited as well.

How come Castle creations are not on the list? Just wondering out loud here.

I know when starting the class we could pretty much pick and choose the rules we wish to follow but I'd like to stick as close to a national set as possible.

Just so you know, the ONLY reason I ask about the castle is I like them and have an extra one that I could use!
I don't have the specs for these escs in front of me, but basically if it is programmable to have timing advance, it is not allowed. The approved escs are not subject to firmware revisions with a pc. That being said, if the escs cannot be reflashed in the field, and do not have timing advance capability, then they could be considered.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Old 09-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #12375
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,582
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Guys, again sorry for seeming like I'm stirring the pot, that is not the intention. I'm just trying to find us some viable, low initial cost alternatives. Cirtix is always out of stock.

Link to the Justock user manual:

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manual/HW-09-JST.pdf

Link to the Cirtix user manual:

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...ay27th2010.pdf

They even use some of the same pictures. Both can be firmware flashed, but will only ever work with a no timing profile.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net