Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #12076
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
What Body Posts are people using for the TC5? Mine are the available posts for the TC6, which the fronts are to short....
Here is what I use:

Associated part number 8522

www .teamassociated.com/parts/details/8522
Old 07-25-2011, 06:00 AM   #12077
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Good Morning fellow VTA racers !! Need some advice , particularly if you have experience with Schumacher chassis. Going to get either a new MI1 (Mission) or a used MI4LP. Have experience so thats not a problem but I'm wondering if the MI4 might be over kill for VTA use. VTA , and maybe my advancing age, has changed my perspective on the "maximum adjustability" type chassis and I find myself wondering if it's really all that necessary. Been rationalizing by telling myself that if i bought the MI4 the fact is that just because it has all those adjustments doesn't mean you have to use them. Then again, the MI1 is just plain simple and functional with what seems like a straight forward approach to adjustments. Wow, this sounds like such a newbie question. VTA will do that to you I like it !!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #12078
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My TC3 looked good last time out and my TC4 felt solid in the 17.5 Sportsman Class.... i think that should answer your question.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #12079
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You probably won't need all the adjustments for VTA unless you just want them. Like the guy above says, TC3s work in VTA. Speeds just aren't that fast.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #12080
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

A TC3 (etc) has pretty much as many adjustments as any of the newer cars...it's just a matter of the convenience of executing those changes. You REALLY have to want to change anti-squat or rear toe before you do so on a TC3, where on (for example) my TC5 they're much easier adjustments to make so I'm FAR more likely to "try" them knowing it's plenty easy to go back.

THAT is what the more modern chassis really offer in VTA. Not really "better", but "easier".

IMO, YMMV

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #12081
Tech Champion

Default 2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY,USA

lots of updated info here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-city-usa.html
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #12082
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Anybody using the Photon Chassis for Trans Am?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:42 AM   #12083
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
That would be the very definition of 'swatting a fly with a hammer'!

Should work well, but the photon is a very heavy sprung chassis. It would be interesting to see a set up for the lower grip levels of the VTA tires vs. standard super grip TC tires. The new narrow exotech and narrow EJ chassis are currently setting the photon world on fire, too, giving yet more options.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Old 07-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #12084
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
some of the guys in Memphis was running them for VTA at one time or another...check in on the MSRA thread and look for Cliff or Justin
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #12085
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Good Morning fellow VTA racers !! Need some advice , particularly if you have experience with Schumacher chassis. Going to get either a new MI1 (Mission) or a used MI4LP. Have experience so thats not a problem but I'm wondering if the MI4 might be over kill for VTA use. VTA , and maybe my advancing age, has changed my perspective on the "maximum adjustability" type chassis and I find myself wondering if it's really all that necessary. Been rationalizing by telling myself that if i bought the MI4 the fact is that just because it has all those adjustments doesn't mean you have to use them. Then again, the MI1 is just plain simple and functional with what seems like a straight forward approach to adjustments. Wow, this sounds like such a newbie question. VTA will do that to you I like it !!
The Mi1 would make an awesome VTA car....aside from camber link loacatons its just as adjustable as the Mi4. I have real hard time not getting one and racing it in VTA myself. The drive train is a bit of an issue but if you get the machined diff pulleys you will have no worries. If you do get one PM me and I will tell you how to "set" the drivetrain if you use the stock diff pulleys.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #12086
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
I run an Mi4LP in VTA and RCGT (depending on the club). If you run an Mi4 in other classes, I'd say the biggest reason to get the used Mi4LP over the Mi1 is that you've already got a full set of spares. That was my reasoning, anyway.

-Mike
Old 07-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #12087
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
If cost is somewhat equivalent I'd buy the platform with the most flexibility. Just because the adjustments are available don't mean you have to do anything with them once they are set, but eventually you might decide to try some different stuff or maybe a different class where they have more of an effect. If the cost was different perhaps the Mi1 makes more sense but even then the Sakura S kills it on value and ability to upgrade. There is no chassis price rule in VTA so why not get the best available for what you are willing to pay? Good luck to you with whatever you decide on.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #12088
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default VTA Racing ~

I just posted a Video of some VTA Racing here in IL.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH_GN0CBvqA
Old 07-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #12089
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks to everybody that offered advice. It helped. I ended up getting a super deal on 2 pre owned MI4LP's with a truck load of parts for very near the cost of the new MI1 + shipping. Overall, the ease of both maintenence and adjustability were the best selling points. And for the price, having a backup chassis and the parts simply made it the best choice.
For you new drivers out there...Don't be afraid to ask for this type of advice before you buy. A few good responses can give you a lot of help or simply "refresh" your thinking. After 10+ years in RC, I asked and I got the help I needed.
Of course, at my age I can barely remember to turn my car on before I put it on track !!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #12090
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxx21 View Post
I just posted a Video of some VTA Racing here in IL.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH_GN0CBvqA
NICE !! It's great to see the suspension movement in the slow motion shots. Really makes the cars look realistic and adds a little dimension that's often missing in rc car vids.

Last edited by Evoracer; 07-30-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Closed Thread