Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #11956
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to looper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORRRCR View Post
I dont think I seen 1 clean pass in the entire race.
there were alot of them, you just blinked at the wrong times
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #11957
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's one of our VTA races. Around here 25.5 and the novak monopoly never really took off. All the clubs have pretty much settled on any 21.5 motor. No boost or turbo, but blinky mode ESCs are allowed. 1450g limit. VTA tires and bodies. 5000mAh limit.

I'm the gunmetal 'cuda with fluoro orange stripes that starts 3rd, but traction rolled and broke my spoiler as I flipped over the boards on lap 2. The guy in first, with the black Camaro with the red roof, is the current Canadian national champ in VTA

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #11958
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Just ordered a Goose for a USGT car, but I would have used a sphere if I thought it was ok. It's laying around now.
I have not tried the Goose and 21.5, not sure if that will work with 21.5...25.5 is fine all day long...has anybody tried it with 21.5?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORRRCR View Post
I dont think I seen 1 clean pass in the entire race.
its racing, and sometimes in any race form, its rough...and sometimes its smooth as silk...flip your coin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Actually there were some pretty "gentlemanly" passes and some good sportsmanship shown. I believe this group is fairly new and I'm not sure of the skill level of all the drivers but I must applaud the effort. You guy's at Mikes are doing well. Keeping the enthusiasm up is hard but you folks seem to have a lot of spirit. Keep it up !!
+100, and so has alot of clubs in the region...and Im happy to race and rub with any of you(NO HOMO)...VTA is everywhere and Sept 23-25th will be the race to not miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
Here's one of our VTA races. Around here 25.5 and the novak monopoly never really took off. All the clubs have pretty much settled on any 21.5 motor. No boost or turbo, but blinky mode ESCs are allowed. 1450g limit. VTA tires and bodies. 5000mAh limit.

I'm the gunmetal 'cuda with fluoro orange stripes that starts 3rd, but traction rolled and broke my spoiler as I flipped over the boards on lap 2. The guy in first, with the black Camaro with the red roof, is the current Canadian national champ in VTA

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
No Novak monopoly here...they just stepped up 1st to give the class a re-start that it needed...Im happy that North..way North is VTA-ing....and hope you get on the USVTA band-waggon soon...It just takes one guy to start it and before long, everybody is USVTA Legal...but if not we hope your VTA class grows and we see the Canadian National Champ cross the line, and give our champ a run for his money...

good luck to all and hope to cya soon in Sept..
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 07-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #11959
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
No Novak monopoly here...they just stepped up 1st to give the class a re-start that it needed...Im happy that North..way North is VTA-ing....and hope you get on the USVTA band-waggon soon...It just takes one guy to start it and before long, everybody is USVTA Legal...but if not we hope your VTA class grows and we see the Canadian National Champ cross the line, and give our champ a run for his money...

good luck to all and hope to cya soon in Sept..
Since getting started in VTA two months ago I've only heard stories about VTA cars with 21.5T motors in them. Here at Mike's Hobby Shop in Carrollton, TX it was decided that all VTA cars must have 25.5T motors in them. However since Mike's Hobby Shop cannot stock Novak 25.5 motors, but it can stock Trinity D3 25.5 motors, Mike's VTA rules allow any manufacturer's 25.5T motor. Everything else in Mike's VTA rules match verbatim with those in USVTA.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #11960
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Since getting started in VTA two months ago I've only heard stories about VTA cars with 21.5T motors in them. Here at Mike's Hobby Shop in Carrollton, TX it was decided that all VTA cars must have 25.5T motors in them. However since Mike's Hobby Shop cannot stock Novak 25.5 motors, but it can stock Trinity D3 25.5 motors, Mike's VTA rules allow any manufacturer's 25.5T motor. Everything else in Mike's VTA rules match verbatim with those in USVTA.
why cant they stock Novak 25.5?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #11961
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Basis for a rtr VTA chassis

Not sure if this is the correct area to ask this question but here we go.

Does any one have any experience with this chassis?
I'm thinking this could be the beginning of a artr vta. just add motor/esc, wheels and tyres, lid and the correct spur and pinion for a starting point.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #11962
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky ST View Post

I'm thinking this could be the beginning of a artr vta. just add motor/esc, wheels and tyres, lid and the correct spur and pinion for a starting point.
thats ANY chassis. The Sprint2 Sport is the closest to a ARTR VTA car there is...already comes with body rims and tires for VTA. With the lower end chassis you have to be careful with gearing. Like the E10 Cant be geared right for VTA due to spur design and gear pitch. Same with Tamiya TT01
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #11963
Tech Champion

Quote:
I have not tried the Goose and 21.5, not sure if that will work with 21.5...25.5 is fine all day long...has anybody tried it with 21.5?....
If it doesn't work I will move it to VTA or use it for a second or loaner VTA car.

I think anyone with a 21.5 VTA car should have USGT tires and shell ready for areas that run USGT and 25.5 VTA.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #11964
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky ST View Post

looks good...but the HPI Sprint 2 Sport VTA would be more RTR...

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/708/
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-0001.jpg  
Old 07-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #11965
Tech Elite

Quote:
why cant they stock Novak 25.5?
The store gets all of its inventory from a distributor called Great Planes. Novak has not released any of its 25.5T motors to Great Planes for distribution. The closest thing that Mike's can stock is the 25.5 Stator for the Ballistic motor, but they can't stock the Ballistic 25.5. They can however stock the Trinity D3 25.5 motors.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #11966
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
The store gets all of its inventory from a distributor called Great Planes. Novak has not released any of its 25.5T motors to Great Planes for distribution. The closest thing that Mike's can stock is the 25.5 Stator for the Ballistic motor, but they can't stock the Ballistic 25.5. They can however stock the Trinity D3 25.5 motors.
I'm pretty sure when these were coming out that Novak2 suggested retailers who are supporting VTA contact him and that they'd make sure they could stock the VTA-specific motors and/or packages.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 07-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #11967
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
I'm pretty sure when these were coming out that Novak2 suggested retailers who are supporting VTA contact him and that they'd make sure they could stock the VTA-specific motors and/or packages.
Ok. My LHS and track just started supporting VTA in May of this year. I don't think any of the guys in the shop know a Novak2. Can they get in touch with him by phone or email?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #11968
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

He responds on this thread pretty regularly as "Novak2". Best bet pm him and he'll get you the appropriate info.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 07-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #11969
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

He's actually "Novaktwo". Here's a page from the vta thread. NovakTwo responded so you can PM, E-mail or whatever.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-racing-3.html
Old 07-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #11970
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
A hobby shop has to apply to become a VTA dealer through Novak. This usually means the shop has to purchase a minimum of product directly from Novak. Great Planes and Horizon do not carry the 25.5 Novak motors. I found it easier to order directly from Novak, and have had great luck with their RMF products.