Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 05-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

As has been stated before in this thread and elsewhere, probably not until close to the end of summer (later in August). There is still more testing that needs to be done to determine exactly where the rules should be for the most even parity.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Hey doug just wondering if you were ever able to get an address list or is it cool to just post on here that i have them for sale?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If anyone is in the Indianapolis area today/tomorrow we are running carpet on-road at Indy Slots tonight (Friday May 30). It is located less than a mile south of the se corner of I-465 on Emerson Ave. There should be 4 of us racing tonight. They also race Mini Coopers at Slots with fairly open rules.

On Saturday May 31, 2008 Hobbytown Indy North is having a parking lot race. It is located near Castleton Square Mall on the NE corner of I-465 & I-69. Track may be set as an oval. I've already talked to the r/c manager and he would like to see some Vintage TA running. In fact he is running on-road with us tonight at Slots. Can't wait to run the car on some asphalt

For directions to Indy Slots - check out the USVTA track links (http://www.apexspeed.com/usvintagetr...cks/index.html). There is plenty of food nearby and a Wal-mart and K-mart if you need to do some shopping.

For directions to Hobbytown Indy North - check out their website (http://www.htindy.com/). The nearby mall is within walking distance of Hobbytown. It is an indoor mall (http://www.simon.com) and there is a new AMC theatre on site as well. Plenty of food and stores if you need to do some shopping. There is also a Costco (if you are member) nearby if you need to spend a little less filling up on gas.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andyh
Camaro anyone.... (..last pics before it hits the track )

What 'Reds' did you use on that?

Skiddins
Old 05-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

VTA action from Indy Slots last night- http://youtube.com/watch?v=DfpH5z330z0
Old 05-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andyh
Camaro anyone.... (..last pics before it hits the track )

Wasnt there a little lip spoiler with that shell? The small cosmetic wings are allowed right?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Wasnt there a little lip spoiler with that shell? The small cosmetic wings are allowed right?
Spoilers included with the body, like the Camaro, are legal.

No wings.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

hpi maro has a spoiler, parma's don't...and is much square'r. that looks like the hpi front end..maybe he liked it better w/o.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

It's definitely a HPI Camaro body... Andy is an HPI guy.

Yes, the lip spoiler is legal—some just like the cleaner look without it. One or two of the bodies come with an extra "touring car" type wing, which is NOT legal for T/A racing, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to sneak one in.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
...Yes, the lip spoiler is legal—some just like the cleaner look without it. One or two of the bodies come with an extra "touring car" type wing, which is NOT legal for T/A racing, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to sneak one in.
Kinda hard to sneak a whale tail onto a Mustang without anyone noticing
Old 06-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is anybody else running 6 cell or are all the tracks pretty much running 4 cell rules?
the local track decided that 6 cell or lipo was the norm for the outdoor pavement track and I can't seem to convince them that it just makes it another TC class with tire and body rule. I can't convince them that 4 cell is just as easy as lipo if you want it to be but they think you have to discharge packs and have a matched packs. one guy even asked if 4 cell would make 8 minutes. I explained that the rest of the states running trans am are running 4 cell for 8 minutes... it just didn't click with him. still not sure it has. tried to convince him that 4cell would be easier on the tyres just said that he was lazy and didn't care.

anybody else having a hard time convincing people to follow the 4 cell rule?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

In NC we run 21.5 BL motors with LiPo & 27T/4-Cell NiMh.

This week 21.5BL/LiPo finished 1st & 2nd and 27T/4-Cell NiMh finished 3rd

Last week 27T/4-Cell NiMh finished 1st and 21.5BL/LiPo finished 2nd & 3rd

Presently we are restricting 21.5BL/LiPo cars to 4.3 FDR.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
is anybody else running 6 cell or are all the tracks pretty much running 4 cell rules?
the local track decided that 6 cell or lipo was the norm for the outdoor pavement track and I can't seem to convince them that it just makes it another TC class with tire and body rule. I can't convince them that 4 cell is just as easy as lipo if you want it to be but they think you have to discharge packs and have a matched packs. one guy even asked if 4 cell would make 8 minutes. I explained that the rest of the states running trans am are running 4 cell for 8 minutes... it just didn't click with him. still not sure it has. tried to convince him that 4cell would be easier on the tyres just said that he was lazy and didn't care.

anybody else having a hard time convincing people to follow the 4 cell rule?

Not really. Just about everyone now is running 4-cell everywhere. Those who argue about 6-cells just don't get the point of this class. It's NOT about speed. Talk to the guys in Flordia about the 6-cell stuff. They admittedly agree now that it's too much. They will be using the USVTA rules this coming season.

More power and more speed just makes a bigger difference between the fast guys and the slow guys. That class is destined to die quickly if they can't see that. It's unfortunate, but it won't be the fault of the USVTA's rules.

6-cells will never be allowed in the USVTA. It just doesn't make sense. With the striking car count at the Nats this spring, and the rapid growth of this class, it's fairly obvious to anyone paying attention that this formula works.

Send them to the website and show them that we're adding new tracks to our track list every week, and they are almost ALL running the standard USVTA rules package. And this class is the largest class at many tracks across the country, to boot.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Not really. Just about everyone now is running 4-cell everywhere. Those who argue about 6-cells just don't get the point of this class. It's NOT about speed. Talk to the guys in Flordia about the 6-cell stuff. They admittedly agree now that it's too much. They will be using the USVTA rules this coming season.

More power and more speed just makes a bigger difference between the fast guys and the slow guys. That class is destined to die quickly if they can't see that. It's unfortunate, but it won't be the fault of the USVTA's rules.

6-cells will never be allowed in the USVTA. It just doesn't make sense. With the striking car count at the Nats this spring, and the rapid growth of this class, it's fairly obvious to anyone paying attention that this formula works.

Send them to the website and show them that we're adding new tracks to our track list every week, and they are almost ALL running the standard USVTA rules package. And this class is the largest class at many tracks across the country, to boot.
Dam, I want to find a hole in your post... But I can't.....

Apex, the rules is why this class will get bigger and better....
Old 06-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

just finished my second cuda body (first one split across the seam. Thanks HPI for fixing the problem) just waiting on the new body posts to run the car...hopefully they will be in by the weekend so i can get to my first race

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.