Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #11656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
It's Traxxas 4 tech or nutt'n. Be the big dog!
lmao old age is not treating you well bud lol
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 05-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #11657
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well Gents, I need your support for a little project. I've previously mentioned that my club is , to my knowledge , the only official VTA group operating in Florida. Someone mentioned the idea of contacting Mike Boylan , the Snowbird Nationals promoter, to see if vta might be considered for the 2012 event. Soooo....I did. Mike was not only pleased but quite interested in the idea. I have offered to be the, or one of the , sponsors for the class. Mike suggested that inclusion would be based on participation. So here's the deal. I'd like to start a list of people that would consider attending the Snowbirds and racing in the VTA class. There is no guarantee of any kind being made here!! This is simply a modest way of showing Mike that there would be a reasonable interest
Thoughts and suggestions would be great. If there's no issues, I'll simply offer to collect your name and what city/state your from. Periodically I'll contact Mike and update him with the number of interested drivers.
He also mentioned that some help with tech for the class might help the issue so if any of you guys with tech experience at other VTA events have an interest in helping out, please let me know. If any tracks or shops would be interested in additional sponsership of the class, please let me know also.
Here's our chance to be part of one of the biggest RC Racing events in the country. Lets roll with it !!!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #11658
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Gearing problem solved.....tamiya and e10 sold.....waiting on reply to get him a TC5R.
Looks like he is getting serious about it.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #11659
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Here's our chance to be part of one of the biggest RC Racing events in the country. Lets roll with it !!!
Wasn't VTA at the Birds for the 2010 race?
Old 05-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #11660
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
3. Team Losi JRX-S
Specifically the Type R version—the original was a bit of a basket case hand-full, and really only fits round cell batteries without extensive modifications.

And to this point, there were two Losis at the Nationals in April—and one was mine. It's a great car for VTA, just not as popular as you might think.

At any given VTA race, you'll sell lots of Associated cars from TC3 to TC6, lots of various Tamiya chassis from 415 to TA05s to 417s, a bunch of Xrays of all types, Corallys, Losis, HPIs, Hotbodies, 3Racing Sakuras... you name it. As I said before, there really is no "hot" chassis for VTA—they are all popular and all successful.

Generally, the most recent "oldest" models of any chassis are sold for dimes on the dollar to make way for the newest flavor-of-the-week, and make great pick-ups for superb VTA chassis.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #11661
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Wasn't VTA at the Birds for the 2010 race?
Nope. If you take a look at the website you'll see it was not an available class.
www.snowbirdnationals.com

Woops...my bad. I'll have to check 2010. It was not offered at this years event.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #11662
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
lmao old age is not treating you well bud lol
That's ok, I'm still a handsome devil.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #11663
Tech Elite

Just looked up the race results for 2010 event and VTA wasn't there either.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #11664
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

They had VTA a couple years ago, It might have been 2009. I raced the class, and it was a lot of fun.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 05-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #11665
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Im trying to talk the Mrs. into a January vacation in sunny Fla. Cant help it if its the same week as the 'Birds and I take my VTA. Im interested.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #11666
Tech Adept

Any VTA racers using TC3's or TC4's need to goto www.TeamIRSrc.com for hot deals on new old stock parts for these cars especialy our light weight aluminum outdrives. There are also new old stock parts for Losi XXX-S cars at huge savings also.

Goto TeamIRSrc.com then click on the close out page. Supplies are limited so you better hurry.

Regards,
Dave Irrgang
Old 05-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #11667
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Just looked up the race results for 2010 event and VTA wasn't there either.
2010 they had 3 cars for a "M" class of cars it was only 2009 that it was run that I finished 6th in.

you know you can count on Dirty Dirla for the show. what's the class sponsorship cost... www.rc50.com might be intersted....
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #11668
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Well Gents, I need your support for a little project. I've previously mentioned that my club is , to my knowledge , the only official VTA group operating in Florida. Someone mentioned the idea of contacting Mike Boylan , the Snowbird Nationals promoter, to see if vta might be considered for the 2012 event. Soooo....I did. Mike was not only pleased but quite interested in the idea. I have offered to be the, or one of the , sponsors for the class. Mike suggested that inclusion would be based on participation. So here's the deal. I'd like to start a list of people that would consider attending the Snowbirds and racing in the VTA class. There is no guarantee of any kind being made here!! This is simply a modest way of showing Mike that there would be a reasonable interest
Thoughts and suggestions would be great. If there's no issues, I'll simply offer to collect your name and what city/state your from. Periodically I'll contact Mike and update him with the number of interested drivers.
He also mentioned that some help with tech for the class might help the issue so if any of you guys with tech experience at other VTA events have an interest in helping out, please let me know. If any tracks or shops would be interested in additional sponsership of the class, please let me know also.
Id be interested in running in the class. Just depends where it is, when and how much. My boys might also but at their age and experience it might not be in their best interest.
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 05-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #11669
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

I believe the event they're talking about is the SnowBird Nationals, figure February in the Tampa area if I'm not mistaken.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 05-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #11670
Tech Elite

Man...I'm sorry folks....I thought the Snowbirds were better known. The Snowbird Nationals is one of the largest RC races in the country. Held every year in Orlando, Florida ; typically in January. It is a week long event with a number of different classes and the total number of racers exceeds 800....yes....thats 800 !! www.snowbirdnationals.com
Closed Thread